• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm looking for patterns that other teams have used in the following scenario -

- An action by a logged in customer service rep, results in an api call to our service.

Now, the API call will need to have authorization headers, which is built with an API key. If I (as an admin dev-ops) store the API key in an encrypted config field, how would it be accessible to the apex workflow initiated by the customer service rep?

The easiest solution is to give to my customer service agent's profile, the ability to read encrypted field...but it feels like it defeats the purpose obscuring/securing the config from people other than admin devops folks like myself. How have people worked around having to store and use encrypted API keys and APEX callouts?

• March 02, 2017

I'm working on connecting our salesforce app to talk to our google pubsub services. Now, I have the auth token part of it working, by presenting JWT as described here - https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2ServiceAccount . This gives us the auth token that I then present to my rest calls to publish messages.

Now, I'm starting to wonder if anyone has a better way of connecting to Google APIs. In an ideal world, I would attach a cert defined in named credential to all of my callouts to Google APIs, but I haven't found any examples for this and I'm having a hard time articulating why this doesn't work or isn't supported out of the box.

I'm an oauth noob here. Have self signed certs on rest requests been deemed inherently insecure? Is there a better/easier way to connect to google services?

• November 14, 2016
I create a bunch of buttons in a table with aura:iteration. Think of it as one per contact per row to act on the record. Here is the button markup inside a td -

<lightning:button variant="brand" label="Charge" value="{!s.Id}" onclick="{!c.callMyCallback}" />
Now, how do I access the value attribute for the button in my client js controller callback? event.currentTarget.value is undefined. Any ideas?
Thanks.

• November 03, 2016

Hi,

I have a developer sandbox setup and I'm trying to build a lightning component using Lightning Data Services, described here - https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/data_service_load_record.htm and https://developer.salesforce.com/events/webinars/BuildAppsFaster

However, I get this error on saving the component -

"Failed to save undefined: No COMPONENT named recordPreview found: Source" 

What am I doing wrong?

• October 28, 2016
I create a bunch of buttons in a table with aura:iteration. Think of it as one per contact per row to act on the record. Here is the button markup inside a td -

<lightning:button variant="brand" label="Charge" value="{!s.Id}" onclick="{!c.callMyCallback}" />
Now, how do I access the value attribute for the button in my client js controller callback? event.currentTarget.value is undefined. Any ideas?
Thanks.

• November 03, 2016