• 10 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created a Listview that shows Country and State/Providence as fields on the view. When I go to do a MassEdit it gives this error:

core.apexpages.exceptions.ApexPagesHandledException: Object type not accessible. Please check permissions and make sure the object is not in development mode: (IsConverted = FALSE)) ) ORDER BY CountryCode ASC LIMIT 10000 ^ ERROR at Row:2:Column:39 No such column 'CountryCode' on entity 'Lead'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.. Original queryString was: 'SELECT Id, City, Street, State, PostalCode, Country, Company, Corporate_Name__c, Description, Email, Franchise__c, Industry, International_Contact__c, Is_your_company_a_Franchise__c, Name, Salutation, FirstName, LastName, Number_of_Units__c, NumberOfEmployees, Phone, Status, Verticial__c, Website FROM Lead WHERE ( ((OwnerId = '005E0000007aJhC') and (IsConverted = FALSE)) ) ORDER BY CountryCode ASC LIMIT 10000' 

The problem seems to rest with the fact that I have Country and State/Providence in the listview. There is a text only version of each of those fields and when I use those instead I am able to do a mass edit. So I am guessing the problem is with those specific type of fields. I have State and Country/Territory Picklists enabled. If I can use the text only version it's not really an issue, but I would like to know why that version of the field is not working but the other one is. (In case an issue related to this pops up later and there is a resolve for it).

Thanks,

Esther
Good Morning,
I am hoping to get a solution to this. I am posting this also in the Act On forum in case it is their end where it needs resolved. Sometimes it's hard to tell with add ons where the solution is located.
So, my problem was initially that when transferring a Lead from Act on to Salesforce the Lead Owner had been assigned automatically to the account owner of Act On. Which didn't work, we needed it assigned to someone else actually on the sales team. In my research the only solution that I could find was to create a workflow that at the creation of the lead would assign the Lead Owner to someone else. (If there is a different way of changing the Lead Owner please let me know).
That solution did work fine, until the person who had been the default Lead owner before was getting emails informing them that they are the owner of a new Lead, when they are no longer because the workflow I set up changed it to someone else. (and the new owner is not getting an email saying they were owner of a new lead.)
The person reporting this to me said that the email was sent by Salesforce, but I believe it is being initiated by Act On, because Salesforce does not send out an email when a Lead is created, only when it's created through Act On. Is there a way to change the email being sent to the second owner?
I am speculating that since the email is being sent out on creation, and the Lead Owner is the account owner of Act On when it's being sent out that's why she is getting the email instead of the Salesperson I changed it to, but I am hoping there is a way to change the emails to the second person instead of the first person since she is the one who needs alerted to the new Lead.
Any help on this is greatly appreciated,
Esther
I want to run a report that pulls all of the duplicate leads, or leads with the same email specifically (Not just one email that they all share, but will pull leads that have duplicate emails. Maybe even later change it to other duplicate fields such as name, phone number, etc). I saw one person mention that I could create a Bucket field that would separate all the leads by say 'Lead owner' or other such criteria. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for the email field because it's not one of the options. Are there any other ideas that anyone knows of?

Thanks,

Esther
I am trying to convert a Lead, but it is coming up with this error. When I have gotten the error in the past I was able to resolve it pretty easily because it was due to an inactive user that was tied to the account and all I had to do was change the user to someone who was active.
User-added image
But this time, when I looked up the user Id that was inactive that was tied to the account it was the user that created the Lead. I can't, according to my knowledge, change who it was that created the Lead. So why is it erroring? Am I missing something and it's actually something else that is causing this conversion problem? What should I do if it is the inactive user that is causing the error since I can't change who created the Lead?

Thanks,

Esther
We are using Act On to manage our Leads. In using it we have noticed that Leads that don't have a Lead Owner are being assigned the Default Lead owner that we have set up, but we were hoping there was a way of, instead of having a default Lead Owner, just having the Lead Owner be left blank so that someone can be notified to fill in the Lead Owner as the proper person. Is there some type of rule or workflow I can have set up to get this to happen since the Default Lead Owner setting under the Lead Settings seems to be required?

Thanks,

Esther
Looking at our Data usage it came to my attention that our org's tasks take up a lot of the data. Is there a way for me to set up for the Tasks to automatically delete if they are more than a month (or any increment of time really) old? That way if the users aren't deleting their old tasks like they are supposed to the system will purge the old data?

Thanks!

Esther
I am still fairly new to using Salesforce and only have been working as an admin for a couple months. So I have a question that maybe someone with more experience can answer.

A few of the users on Salesforce have been reporting duplicate Contacts and Accounts on the system. They asked me to look into it to see if there is something in the system that is triggering the creation of the duplicate contacts. From my training I know that things like Workflows and Triggers can cause the creation of records and other data on the org so I looked around the org to see if the previous admin had put in anything that would cause a duplicate to be created. I didn't find anything. Is there anything else that I should be checking that has the ability to create duplicate records that the past admin might have set up?

Now, I am thinking that the users are just being careless and not checking to make sure that a contact or account has been created already. Because the one of the accounts/contacts that are being "duplicated" is a couple years older, while the other one is a new one that they created recently and then noticed that a duplicate had been made (or just realized was already in the system). As well as the duplicates were created by different users. If there was a trigger or something that was creating duplicates they should have the same creation date and been created by the same user, correct? So with that information it sounds like they are accidentally creating duplicate records themselves right? 

These duplicates also don't happen everytime a new account or new contact is created.

And the last question, is there something that I can do to ensure that duplicate records aren't created? I know when I researched it said that Salesforce allows the creation of duplicate records and I can see the reasoning behind this, but is there anything that I as an admin can do to ensure my users aren't being careless and creating duplicate records?

Thank you for any help,

Esther
I have a human resources user on my org that only needs access to Contacts, Reports, and Documents. So I figured that the Salesforce Platform license would be sufficient for her user role. I set her up with all the user permissions and such necessary for her role, but it won't let her access the reports that she needs to access. It is literally just one report so she can determine how much to pay the sales people according to opportunities they have closed won. It says she has insufficient privileges. I am guessing it's because a Salesforce Platform User doesn't have access to Opportunities and the report she needs to access has opportunities in it. Is there no way around this? I really don't want to give her a full user license when she really only needs access to that one report, but it's starting to look like that will have to be the case with how Salesforce is set up... I have looked at the other licenses and Salesforce Platform is the closest to our HR user's needs accept for not having access to Opportunities in a report. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do?
Hello,

I am creating code that allows me to store the information of my products, such as name, description, price and their relationship in one place on a Visualforce Page. To gather it I am using queries to get all the information I need regarding the products and their relationships. So far the code that I have exceeds the SOQL governor limits. I took out some of the relationships but still having the products and their first relationship causes the limit to be 29 which is too big if I want to add the rest of the relationships and information like I need to do. Since I am new to Apex coding, would anyone be able to look at my code and determine why the queries are running so much? I have looked at the forums and the suggestions that Salesforce has on governor limits and tried my best to follow the advice, but I am not sure I am implementing it properly since I am fairly new to using Apex and programming.

Here is my code:

public class CCQueries9 {

List<DisplayProduct> productsParent; 

//Queries the Product Information
    public List<DisplayProduct> getProducts() {
        if(productsParent == null) {
            productsParent = new List<DisplayProduct>();
            List<Product2> item = [SELECT Id, Name, HTML_Description__c FROM Product2 WHERE Account_Relatable__c = true ORDER BY Order__c];
            for(Product2 prod : item ) {
                productsParent.add(new DisplayProduct(prod));            
            }        
        }
        return productsParent; 
    }//End of Query Code

public class DisplayProduct {

List<Id> productParentId = new List<Id>();
        List<Id> ChildrenProductIds = new List<Id>();
        List<DisplaySuite> productsChildren {get;set;}

private Product2 product;
        public DisplayProduct(Product2 item) {

this.product = item;

productParentId.add(this.product.Id); 

}

public String name {
            get {return product.Name;}
        }

public String description {
            get {return product.HTML_Description__c;}
        }
        //Code to determine Query Limits
          public String GetCharlie {
            get {return String.valueOf(Limits.getQueries());}
        }

//Query for the Childrens of Products 
        public List<DisplaySuite> getProductsChildren() {

if(productsChildren == null) {

List<Product_Relationship__c> relationships = new List<Product_Relationship__c>(); 

relationships = [SELECT Master_Product__c, Child_Product__c, CalculatorOrder__c, Child_Product__r.Name 
            				 FROM Product_Relationship__c 
            				 WHERE Master_Product__c IN : productParentId   
            				 ORDER BY CalculatorOrder__c,Child_Product__r.Name]; 

for(Product_Relationship__c c:relationships){
               ChildrenProductIds.add(c.Child_Product__c);
            }

if(ChildrenProductIds != null) {
			// query the product2 table for those products in the relationship, store in the final list        
                productsChildren = new List<DisplaySuite>();
                List<Product2> item = [SELECT Id, Name, HTML_Description__c FROM Product2 WHERE Id IN :ChildrenProductIds ORDER BY Order__c]; 
                for(Product2 children : item ) { 
                    productsChildren.add(new DisplaySuite(children));            
                }
            }        
            }
            return productsChildren;
        }

}

public class DisplaySuite {

public DisplaySuite(Product2 item) {
            this.product = item;
        }
        public String name {
        }
        }
        }

}

}

And here is the page that I am calling the information on.

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false" Controller="CCQueries9" standardStylesheets="false">

<apex:repeat value="{!products}" var="pitem"> <!-- Repeat for Product Information -->

<apex:outputPanel >

<apex:outputText escape="false" value="{!pitem.Name}"/><br/>
          		{! pitem.getCharlie } <br/>
            <div style="margin-left: 30px;">

<apex:repeat value="{!pitem.productsChildren}" var="sitem"> <!-- Repeat for Suite Information -->

<apex:outputText escape="false" value="{!sitem.Name}"/><br/>
                    	{! sitem.getCharlie } <br/>

</apex:outputPanel>

</apex:repeat>   

</div>

</apex:page>

Thanks for any advice in advance!  
I created a Listview that shows Country and State/Providence as fields on the view. When I go to do a MassEdit it gives this error:

core.apexpages.exceptions.ApexPagesHandledException: Object type not accessible. Please check permissions and make sure the object is not in development mode: (IsConverted = FALSE)) ) ORDER BY CountryCode ASC LIMIT 10000 ^ ERROR at Row:2:Column:39 No such column 'CountryCode' on entity 'Lead'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.. Original queryString was: 'SELECT Id, City, Street, State, PostalCode, Country, Company, Corporate_Name__c, Description, Email, Franchise__c, Industry, International_Contact__c, Is_your_company_a_Franchise__c, Name, Salutation, FirstName, LastName, Number_of_Units__c, NumberOfEmployees, Phone, Status, Verticial__c, Website FROM Lead WHERE ( ((OwnerId = '005E0000007aJhC') and (IsConverted = FALSE)) ) ORDER BY CountryCode ASC LIMIT 10000' 

The problem seems to rest with the fact that I have Country and State/Providence in the listview. There is a text only version of each of those fields and when I use those instead I am able to do a mass edit. So I am guessing the problem is with those specific type of fields. I have State and Country/Territory Picklists enabled. If I can use the text only version it's not really an issue, but I would like to know why that version of the field is not working but the other one is. (In case an issue related to this pops up later and there is a resolve for it).

Thanks,

Esther
I am trying to convert a Lead, but it is coming up with this error. When I have gotten the error in the past I was able to resolve it pretty easily because it was due to an inactive user that was tied to the account and all I had to do was change the user to someone who was active.
User-added image
But this time, when I looked up the user Id that was inactive that was tied to the account it was the user that created the Lead. I can't, according to my knowledge, change who it was that created the Lead. So why is it erroring? Am I missing something and it's actually something else that is causing this conversion problem? What should I do if it is the inactive user that is causing the error since I can't change who created the Lead?

Thanks,

Esther
I have a human resources user on my org that only needs access to Contacts, Reports, and Documents. So I figured that the Salesforce Platform license would be sufficient for her user role. I set her up with all the user permissions and such necessary for her role, but it won't let her access the reports that she needs to access. It is literally just one report so she can determine how much to pay the sales people according to opportunities they have closed won. It says she has insufficient privileges. I am guessing it's because a Salesforce Platform User doesn't have access to Opportunities and the report she needs to access has opportunities in it. Is there no way around this? I really don't want to give her a full user license when she really only needs access to that one report, but it's starting to look like that will have to be the case with how Salesforce is set up... I have looked at the other licenses and Salesforce Platform is the closest to our HR user's needs accept for not having access to Opportunities in a report. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do?
Hello,

I am creating code that allows me to store the information of my products, such as name, description, price and their relationship in one place on a Visualforce Page. To gather it I am using queries to get all the information I need regarding the products and their relationships. So far the code that I have exceeds the SOQL governor limits. I took out some of the relationships but still having the products and their first relationship causes the limit to be 29 which is too big if I want to add the rest of the relationships and information like I need to do. Since I am new to Apex coding, would anyone be able to look at my code and determine why the queries are running so much? I have looked at the forums and the suggestions that Salesforce has on governor limits and tried my best to follow the advice, but I am not sure I am implementing it properly since I am fairly new to using Apex and programming.

Here is my code:

public class CCQueries9 {

List<DisplayProduct> productsParent; 

//Queries the Product Information
    public List<DisplayProduct> getProducts() {
        if(productsParent == null) {
            productsParent = new List<DisplayProduct>();
            List<Product2> item = [SELECT Id, Name, HTML_Description__c FROM Product2 WHERE Account_Relatable__c = true ORDER BY Order__c];
            for(Product2 prod : item ) {
                productsParent.add(new DisplayProduct(prod));            
            }        
        }
        return productsParent; 
    }//End of Query Code

public class DisplayProduct {

public DisplayProduct(Product2 item) {

this.product = item;

}

public String name {
        }

}
        }

//Query for the Childrens of Products 
        public List<DisplaySuite> getProductsChildren() {

if(productsChildren == null) {

List<Product_Relationship__c> relationships = new List<Product_Relationship__c>(); 

relationships = [SELECT Master_Product__c, Child_Product__c, CalculatorOrder__c, Child_Product__r.Name 
            				 FROM Product_Relationship__c 
            				 WHERE Master_Product__c IN : productParentId   
            				 ORDER BY CalculatorOrder__c,Child_Product__r.Name]; 

for(Product_Relationship__c c:relationships){
               ChildrenProductIds.add(c.Child_Product__c);
            }

if(ChildrenProductIds != null) {
			// query the product2 table for those products in the relationship, store in the final list        
                productsChildren = new List<DisplaySuite>();
                List<Product2> item = [SELECT Id, Name, HTML_Description__c FROM Product2 WHERE Id IN :ChildrenProductIds ORDER BY Order__c]; 
                for(Product2 children : item ) { 
                    productsChildren.add(new DisplaySuite(children));            
                }
            }        
            }
            return productsChildren;
        }

}

public class DisplaySuite {

public DisplaySuite(Product2 item) {
            this.product = item;
        }
        public String name {
        }
        }
        }

}

}

And here is the page that I am calling the information on.

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false" Controller="CCQueries9" standardStylesheets="false">

<apex:repeat value="{!products}" var="pitem"> <!-- Repeat for Product Information -->

<apex:outputText escape="false" value="{!pitem.Name}"/><br/>
          		{! pitem.getCharlie } <br/>
            <div style="margin-left: 30px;">

<apex:repeat value="{!pitem.productsChildren}" var="sitem"> <!-- Repeat for Suite Information -->

<apex:outputText escape="false" value="{!sitem.Name}"/><br/>
                    	{! sitem.getCharlie } <br/>

</div>

</apex:page>

Thanks for any advice in advance!