• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have a lightning:input base component inside a aura:iteration. This input has a onchange attribute. but the onchange event doesn't fire inside aura:iteration. Is this a bug?

Please see the code below.

Thanks.

<aura:iteration items="{!v.items}" var="item" indexVar="index">

<lightning:input class="slds-form-element slds-size_1-of-4" type="number" label="Current value" name="Current value" formatter="currency" value="{!item.CurrentValue__c}" onchange="{!c.updateTotal}"/>

</aura:iteration>
Hi,
I use the sample code from here
https://www.lightningdesignsystem.com/components/modals/

When trying to save it, I got an error: "Failed to save TestLC2.cmp: null: Source"

It is related to this line
<svg class="slds-button__icon slds-button__icon_large" aria-hidden="true"> <use xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="/assets/icons/utility-sprite/svg/symbols.svg#close" /> </svg>

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Thanks

MingUser-added image
Hi,
I am having some issue with the new lightning:fileUpload (Beta) (in Winter 18').

I created a test Lightning App and put a lightning:fileUpload on it. I used sample code from lightning documentation: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/aura_compref_lightning_fileUpload.htm

When uploading a file, I am getting an error: 
This page has an error. You might just need to refresh it. Access Check Failed! AuraComponentService.createComponentFromConfig(): 'markup://forceContent:fileUploadAction' is not visible to 'markup://c:TestHarnessApp {1:0}'. Failing descriptor: {c:TestHarnessApp}

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks.

Here is the code for
TestHarnessApp.app
<aura:application >
    <aura:attribute name="myRecordId" type="String" description="Record to which the files should be attached"/>
    <h1>Test File Upload</h1>
    <lightning:fileUpload label="Attach receipt" multiple="true" accept=".pdf, .png, .jpg" recordId="0030l000004KVpWAAW" onuploadfinished="{!c.handleUploadFinished}" />
</aura:application>

TestHarnessAppController.js
({
    handleUploadFinished: function (cmp, event) {
        // Get the list of uploaded files
        var uploadedFiles = event.getParam("files");
        alert("Files uploaded : " + uploadedFiles.length);
    }
})

Error

Hello,
I have a question regarding Q3 in Getting Started with the Lightning App Builder section (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/lightning_app_builder/lightning_app_builder_intro)

Q 3 Actions on a Lightning Page allow you to: 
A Send email, create a task, and create or update records.
B Send email and delete or clone records.
C Clone records, add users, and assign permissions.
D Send email, send outbound messages, and launch a flow.

I can't seem to find any documentation on this topic including the contents of this section. 
I created a test lightning page using the lightning app builder, and I can only see actions like: log a call, new account etc. 

Can anyone help me find documenation on this topic? Thanks.

User-added image

Hi, I have a question regarding quesiton 3 in unit: "Getting Started with Salesforce and Lightning Experience unit"
3 Salesforce Lightning Experience:
A Is available only on mobile devices.
B Is optimized with flexible, interactive tools that sales reps can use to visualize data on the fly.
C Never strikes in the same place twice.
D Is optimized to be a fast and lightweight tool for your sales reps.

I understand the correct answer is B. but what is wrong with D?
Salesforce document says that 'Lightning Experience is the name for the all new Salesforce desktop app, with over 25 new features, built with a modern user interface and optimized for speed.'
Doesn't this mean that it is optimized to be a fast tool? My understanding is that lighting means fast hence speed is important.
To me answser B emphasizes on visualization and answer D emphasizes on speed. 
Why B is correct?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, 
I spent hours on this challenge but keet getting the same error.

"Could not find a contact named "Edna Frank" or there are multiple contacts with the name "Edna Frank". Ensure that there is only one contact named "Edna Frank" in your org."

I am pretty sure that I only have one contact named "Edna Frank". 

Can Trailhead staff please verify if this challenge is still working? 

It looks like a bug to me.

Thanks.

User-added image

User-added image

Hi,

I have a lightning:input base component inside a aura:iteration. This input has a onchange attribute. but the onchange event doesn't fire inside aura:iteration. Is this a bug?

Please see the code below.

Thanks.

<aura:iteration items="{!v.items}" var="item" indexVar="index">

<lightning:input class="slds-form-element slds-size_1-of-4" type="number" label="Current value" name="Current value" formatter="currency" value="{!item.CurrentValue__c}" onchange="{!c.updateTotal}"/>

</aura:iteration>
Hi,
I use the sample code from here
https://www.lightningdesignsystem.com/components/modals/

When trying to save it, I got an error: "Failed to save TestLC2.cmp: null: Source"

It is related to this line
<svg class="slds-button__icon slds-button__icon_large" aria-hidden="true"> <use xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="/assets/icons/utility-sprite/svg/symbols.svg#close" /> </svg>

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Thanks

MingUser-added image
Hi,
I am having some issue with the new lightning:fileUpload (Beta) (in Winter 18').

I created a test Lightning App and put a lightning:fileUpload on it. I used sample code from lightning documentation: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/aura_compref_lightning_fileUpload.htm

When uploading a file, I am getting an error: 
This page has an error. You might just need to refresh it. Access Check Failed! AuraComponentService.createComponentFromConfig(): 'markup://forceContent:fileUploadAction' is not visible to 'markup://c:TestHarnessApp {1:0}'. Failing descriptor: {c:TestHarnessApp}

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks.

Here is the code for
TestHarnessApp.app
<aura:application >
    <aura:attribute name="myRecordId" type="String" description="Record to which the files should be attached"/>
    <h1>Test File Upload</h1>
    <lightning:fileUpload label="Attach receipt" multiple="true" accept=".pdf, .png, .jpg" recordId="0030l000004KVpWAAW" onuploadfinished="{!c.handleUploadFinished}" />
</aura:application>

TestHarnessAppController.js
({
    handleUploadFinished: function (cmp, event) {
        // Get the list of uploaded files
        var uploadedFiles = event.getParam("files");
        alert("Files uploaded : " + uploadedFiles.length);
    }
})

Error

Hi, I have a question regarding quesiton 3 in unit: "Getting Started with Salesforce and Lightning Experience unit"
3 Salesforce Lightning Experience:
A Is available only on mobile devices.
B Is optimized with flexible, interactive tools that sales reps can use to visualize data on the fly.
C Never strikes in the same place twice.
D Is optimized to be a fast and lightweight tool for your sales reps.

I understand the correct answer is B. but what is wrong with D?
Salesforce document says that 'Lightning Experience is the name for the all new Salesforce desktop app, with over 25 new features, built with a modern user interface and optimized for speed.'
Doesn't this mean that it is optimized to be a fast tool? My understanding is that lighting means fast hence speed is important.
To me answser B emphasizes on visualization and answer D emphasizes on speed. 
Why B is correct?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, 
I spent hours on this challenge but keet getting the same error.

"Could not find a contact named "Edna Frank" or there are multiple contacts with the name "Edna Frank". Ensure that there is only one contact named "Edna Frank" in your org."

I am pretty sure that I only have one contact named "Edna Frank". 

Can Trailhead staff please verify if this challenge is still working? 

It looks like a bug to me.

Thanks.

User-added image

User-added image

Task is
"In this challenge, you set up the external sharing model, create a sharing set, and create a customer community user. First, set up the external sharing model with Case set to private. Then, enable Customer Portal settings, and create a sharing set titled Share cases with customers for the Customer Community User Profile. In this sharing set, grant customer community users read and write access to the case object for all cases associated with their account.

Ensure that your DE org user has a role assigned.
Create a customer community user from Edna Frank's contact record. (Your DE org should already have a contact record for Edna Frank. If it doesn't, create a new contact with first name Edna and last name Frank.)
Ensure that the account associated with Edna Frank has cases associated with it.
Ensure that sharing set mapping is set to User:Account = Case:Account."

I enabled the community, created a community user of edna frank but i'm not able to understand how to set role.
The role picklist is grayed out.
Pleae assist.
Hello,

Here is my issue, I am receiveing the following error...

"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Could not find a contact named "Edna Frank" or there are multiple contacts with the name "Edna Frank". Ensure that there is only one contact named "Edna Frank" in your org."

But, I have only one User with the name Edna Frank.

However, this is what has happened...

1. Created a USER with the name Edna Frank
2. Realizing that in order to follow the challenge correctly, I was suppost to first create a CONTACT named 'Edna Frank', and seeing that I am not able to delete or remove the incorrectly created USER 'Edna Frank', I edited the USER 'Edna Frank' to a new name and user name, 'Porky Pig'.
3. Created a CONTACT 'Edna Frank' and proceeded with the CONTACT 'Edna Frank' properly turning her into a Customer Community User USER through the challenge.
4. Everthing else is set up correctly throug the challenge, and I click the [Check Challenge] button.

Receiving the error above.

Can anyone understand why the system sees two 'Edna Franks' whene there is only 1?

User-added image
User-added image

Hi,

trying to complete the challenge, I have the following error:
The "Customer Community User" for the contact "Edna Frank" is not created properly.

More info, hope this helps finding the problem:
The contact exist, in Admin > Users> User license is "Customer Portal Manager Standard", when I try to change it to "Customer community" i'm getting the error "cannot upgrade from or downgrade to LPU"
The contact is assigned to the account "Customers", there is a case associated to it, with Contact Name = Edna Frank
I created the Sharing Set Settings and configured the access (User:Account = Case:Account, Read/Write). The community is active.
Oddly enough, I cannot log in as Edna Frank.
If I'm trying to create a new user, I receive the following error: "Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
The account associated with this portal has no owner". The created account is "Customers" and I double checked, i'm the owner of this account.
I've received a message "Customers registration accountId parameter value is not valid."

Any idea or clues on how to solve this ?
Hello,

Here is my issue, I am receiveing the following error...

"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Could not find a contact named "Edna Frank" or there are multiple contacts with the name "Edna Frank". Ensure that there is only one contact named "Edna Frank" in your org."

But, I have only one User with the name Edna Frank.

However, this is what has happened...

1. Created a USER with the name Edna Frank
2. Realizing that in order to follow the challenge correctly, I was suppost to first create a CONTACT named 'Edna Frank', and seeing that I am not able to delete or remove the incorrectly created USER 'Edna Frank', I edited the USER 'Edna Frank' to a new name and user name, 'Porky Pig'.
3. Created a CONTACT 'Edna Frank' and proceeded with the CONTACT 'Edna Frank' properly turning her into a Customer Community User USER through the challenge.
4. Everthing else is set up correctly throug the challenge, and I click the [Check Challenge] button.

Receiving the error above.

Can anyone understand why the system sees two 'Edna Franks' whene there is only 1?

User-added image
User-added image