• 10 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,  this has wasted 7 hours of my life and I am no closer to a solution.  But I do now have quite a lot of info.

Here is my issue which should be simple!

I have a custom object called 'Check'.  This represents a check to be added to a shift on an external system.  I am using outbound messages to send data to that external system.

The workflows and outbound messages work perfectly.  So I can tick a checkbox called 'active' for example, and it triggers a 'create check' outbound message.  When I uncheck the 'active' checkbox, it triggers the 'delete check' outbound message.

No problems, all working, data in both directions.

But wait, when I use dataloader.io to update records, the workflow rules all trigger, but now the outbound messages just sit in a queue and get re-attempted but never leave. Hence my data and the external system is not updated.

Even if I use a list view to say check the 'active' checkbox to true for 4 records, it will send one outbound message, and then put 3 in the queue.  Which once again doesn't move.

I've been monitoring the outbound message logs and the failure message is shown as:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: div

I've spoken to my developer and he has no ideas.  It must be something to do with concurrent messages as one is fine but as soon as I do anymore it stops sending.

Please help developer peeps as I'm out of ideas and given i've got nearly 16,000 records to import, i'd rather not have to hire 10 staff to get it done in the next month :-/

If you solve my problem I will find you a reward (I'll admit it will most likely be in the form of kind words or stationary!)

Thanks all for reading
Trying to gather the ID of all related custom object records

Hi all, not an expert, but i've been using salesforce for a couple of years and this one really has me head scratching.  To the point where I now have no where left to go!

I am setting up an API which has been fine, but I need to parse certain record IDs to an object in order to achieve this.  Here is my requirement:

An account has 'Assets'
An account has a custom object called 'Service'.  This object represents a service visit to the site.
I want the user to be able to select which assets are due to be serviced.
So effectivly my ideal would be a multipick list on the custom object 'service' which was pre-populated with the 'assets' from the accounts page.

I don't actually need a related lookup, just a way of having the user select which ones, and then be able to hold the ID's and names of those records in a field on the 'Service' object so that when that object is sent via the API i know which related assets are being serviced.

Due to the fact that it has a many to many relationship (i.e. on service can do all or just one asset, and an asset can appear on just one or multiple services), i created a junction object.  Therefore my user could now select 'New Asset To Service', which puts it in a related list.  But I can't pull from this data, I need to get the record ID data onto the 'Service' object.

I'm happy using any methods, but I'm not much of a coder.  WFR's, process builder, no problems.

Any help would be massivly appreciated as I have no clue which direction to go next.

Many thanks,
Ok, so this has had me stumped for 2 hours now.

I have a series of interconnected workflows to build a larger business processes.  I have one on the following objects: Tasks, Cases, CustomObject1.

I have successfully got tasks auto generating, filtering information into my customObject1 but after building it I now have significant volumes of workflow errors for uers.

My task has 4 record types (including 'standard').  My workflow rule for tasks is triggered based on the record type.  I.e. If recordtype1 is marked as completed then...

My problem is there are already 35,000 tasks in the system which have no record type (created before I rolled out record types), and these flag up errors as the workflow cannot access myVariable_current.RecordType.Name.

I'm pretty sure this is just for records where this is no type.

I have 2 ideas:
1) I think the simplist thing is to add an If statement to the start of each workflow criteria so that if record type = null then it won't be triggered.  However after multiple attempts I can't get this code to work:

IF(
   ISBLANK([Task].RecordTypeId ) ,
   NULL,
   AND (
      $Setup.Administration_Settings__c.Deactivate_all_Processes__c =FALSE, 
      [Task].RecordType.Name  = 'TaskRecordType1',
      (ISPICKVAL([Task].Status, "Completed"))
   )
)

Note:  I have tried null, isblank and various formulas to try and exclude the tasks with no record type.

2) Add an extra criteria to my workflow rule that says:
   When task is marked as completed and task record type = null  >  Field update  >  change record type to 'standard'.

I don't know why i'm having so many problems with it.  Error from flow is here:
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.RecordType.Name because it hasn't been set or assigned.

Any help massivly appreciated as this will massivly slow me down developing the system.

Thanks all,

Tom

Hi All,

Wouldn't consider myself a developer but this seemingly simple bit of code I can't get working.

What i'm trying to do:  I want to enforce picklist values for the task 'subject' field.  That I can do.  However, that also stops email to salesforce working as that inputs in the subject.... "Email: [subject line from email]".  This doesn't work if my validation rule to enforce picklist is active.

Therefore I thought simple OR rule to say picklist or begins with 'Email: ' so it would still work but also enforce the rule.  Heres what I've tried with no success:

Or(
 Begins(Subject,”Email: “),
   and(
   Subject <> 'Email',
   Subject <> 'Call',
   Subject <> 'Letter',
   Subject <> 'Fax',
   Subject <> 'Other',
   Subject <> 'In Person',
)
)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi All,

Wouldn't consider myself a developer but this seemingly simple bit of code I can't get working.

What i'm trying to do:  I want to enforce picklist values for the task 'subject' field.  That I can do.  However, that also stops email to salesforce working as that inputs in the subject.... "Email: [subject line from email]".  This doesn't work if my validation rule to enforce picklist is active.

Therefore I thought simple OR rule to say picklist or begins with 'Email: ' so it would still work but also enforce the rule.  Heres what I've tried with no success:

Or(
 Begins(Subject,”Email: “),
   and(
   Subject <> 'Email',
   Subject <> 'Call',
   Subject <> 'Letter',
   Subject <> 'Fax',
   Subject <> 'Other',
   Subject <> 'In Person',
)
)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
I've got the following workflow rule on Opportunity and for some reason I'm getting the "Rule not evaluated" in the debug log whenever the triggering criteria is met.

Rule Criteria
(
Opportunity: Opportunity Record Type equals Online Marketing Opportunity RT)
or (Price Book: Price Book Name equals Online)

Evaluation Criteria
When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria

I created a brand-new opportunity, setting the record type to "Misc Sales" and then I chose the Online Pricebook, but did not add any products.  When this happened I got the following log entry, and note the prior workflow rule has exactly the same criteria, just "Media" instead.

Code:
Rule Name: Media Opportunity Closed
Trigger type: ON_CREATE_OR_TRIGGERING_UPDATE
Evaluating Workflow Entry Criteria: 
[Opportunity : Opportunity Record Type equals Alternative Media Opportunity RT] OR
 [Price Book : Price Book Name equals Media]
Value found: 01260000000DKSA
Value found: Online
Criteria evaluates to false
[Opportunity: TEST Online Opp 0066000000AX04d]
Rule Name: New Online Opportunity
Rule not evaluated

So then I switched the Pricebook to "Media" thinking I'd see if there was a problem with the Online rule, and I got this log entry:
Code:
Rule Name: Media Opportunity Closed
Rule not evaluated
[Opportunity: TEST Online Opp 0066000000AX04d]
Rule Name: New Online Opportunity
[Opportunity : Opportunity Record Type equals Online Marketing Opportunity RT] OR
 [Price Book : Price Book Name equals Online]
Value found: 01260000000DKSA
Value found: Media
Criteria evaluates to false

Basically if my "Pricebook Name" criteria is met, the rule isn't evaluated.  This causes a big problem because I need to notify people when these types of opportunities are created.  Why in the world isn't the rule being evaluated?  It seems like Salesforce is just being fickle.  :)

Mark