• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
From the developer guide, force, ui and lightning namespaces are referring to:
force
Provides components for field- and record-specific implementations.

lightning
Provides components with Lightning Design System styling. For components in this namespace that are used in standalone Lightning apps, extend force:slds to implement Lightning Design System styling. In instances where there are matching ui and lightning namespace components, we recommend that you use the lightning namespace component. The lightning namespace components are optimized for common use cases. Event handling for lightning namespace components follows standard HTML practices and are simpler than that for the ui namespace components. For more information, see Event Handling in Base Lightning Components.

ui
Provides an older implementation of user interface components that don’t match the look and feel of Lightning Experience and the Salesforce mobile app. Components in this namespace support multiple styling mechanism, and are usually more complex.

(https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/aura_compref.htm)

I understand that lightning namespace is preferred when compared to ui namespace. But I am confused of the difference between force and lightning namespaces. For example, we can use force:inputField and lightning:input to show an input box.

Please suggest the possible use cases for these three namespaces.
Dear community,
I am trying to implement following scenario:
We use auth. provider to store user based credential, which is used to access external data from salesforce.
Now I need to implement a push communication from the external system. Therefore, I can define a publicly accessible on the external system, which will be called, in case new data should be transferred to salesforce. The data sent to salesforce has to run in the respective user session id, since I need to use the credential in Auth.Provider to access the data from the external system.
What would you suggest to solve this scenario?
Thank you very much.
  • April 11, 2020
Is it possible to define a customized action bar for salesforce mobile on a custom component.
Currently if we display a custom component in salesforce mobile, no action bar is shown. I want to show some buttons specific to this custom component
  • November 14, 2018
Currently, if you write an email in lightning experience, you have a button to open the composer in a sort of utility bar.
How can we programmatically do this in a custom component?
  • November 14, 2018
Hi,
What is actually happening to the email record in outlook, if an email is related to salesforce ? 
I need to implement this function but cannot use salesforce for outlook / lightning for outlook for this scenario. So I want to manually create the EmailMessage record in salesforce and mark the email in Outlook as related to salesforce.
Thanks.
  • October 20, 2018

Hi,
Are there any possibilities to use the the function behind the Reply and Reply to All on Lightning, which is currently available on EmailMessage in my own lightning component ?

My idea is, to create a lightning component which reads an email on the fly from the server and I want to use the standard reply function from salesforce.

Thanks.

• October 20, 2018
Hi,
I am building a custom lightning component to show a contact record based on its record id.
I want to also show the activity composer for that particular contact. Is it possible ?
If not, is it possible to show the event related list to that contact ?
  • February 14, 2018
Hi,
we created a managed package where we also deliver picklist values to a global picklist which is included in the package.
After we deployed this package on a subscriber org and on the subscriber org, we added new picklist values and disabled some values which came with the package in the mentioned global picklist.
On upgrading the manage package, all changes made on the subscribe for this global picklist is gone.

If I understand this description correctly: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.packagingGuide.meta/packagingGuide/packaging_component_behavior.htm

Picklist Values
Subscribers can rename or delete picklist field values. Carefully consider this when explicitly referencing a picklist field value in Apex.
Picklist field values can be added or deleted in the developer’s org. Upon upgrade, no new values are installed. Values deleted by the developer are still available in the subscriber’s org until the subscriber deletes them.

So this should not happen, right ?
  • January 11, 2018
Is there any possibility to get the transaction Id / Thread ID of the current running process in apex ?
Basically the same way how salesforce group the logs on the developer console.
  • December 20, 2017
Hi guys,
I am facing a problem with a lightning component.
Every time I call a specific method on an Apex controller, I get this ISE 2142730542-132340 (-405944075)
I have even remove everything from the function:
public static Boolean generateNodes(String recordId)
   {
       System.debug('yoooohoo');
       return true;
   }

But it still doesn't work 
  • December 18, 2017
Hi,
is it possible for waves to access external objects via salesforce connect ?
Thanks for the information
  • October 30, 2017
Hi,
Does anyone have any idea, how can I create a user with the Free Limited Access License for Dev Hub as described on https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.210.0.packagingGuide.meta/packagingGuide/dev_hub_license.htm?search_text=API ?
We are not an ISV Partner.
Thanks.
  • October 24, 2017
Hi guys,
I have an Apex class, which does logical operation on dependent picklist.
Since I cannot find any default dependent picklist fields, how can I create a test class, which can run on any org ?
THanks.
  • August 28, 2017
We have created a managed package and deployed it to some orgs.

If we publish this package to appexchange, would the subscriber who already have installed the package earlier via the url (not appexchange) be able to upgrade this package via appexchange ?
  • August 07, 2017
We use lightning experience and the activity composer.
Is it possible to set the location field of Event from the coresponding account / contact?

• August 02, 2017
On LEX, the address information you save into the billing address will be shown as a link on view mode of the record.

Is it possible:
1. Show the link of the address differently depends on the country ?
2. Add custom field, which should also be shown on this link ?

Thanks
  • August 02, 2017
Hi,
On refreshing a tab on the console navigation on lex, my lightning component is not refreshed.
I have tried to bind the reinitialization with
<aura:handler event="force:refreshView" action="{!c.jsLoaded}" />
but it doesnt seem to be triggered.
What is the correct way to also refresh my lightning component on refreshing the tab ?
Thanks

Hi,
i want to implement a process which is started by a lightning button which will create a document (conga) and then ideally I want to see the email composer with a predefined template and the document previously generated attached. Then the email should be sent via o365. 
Is it possible to implement this with apex?
my challenges are:
- create document via apex + conga (possible)
- show an RTE and predefine the text (possible)
- show a list of documents attached to this object to be selected which are going to be sent out (possible)
- send the email via o365 (how?)

Thanks for your help

Hi,
Are there any possibilities to use the the function behind the Reply and Reply to All on Lightning, which is currently available on EmailMessage in my own lightning component ?

My idea is, to create a lightning component which reads an email on the fly from the server and I want to use the standard reply function from salesforce.

Thanks.

• October 20, 2018
Hi,
I am building a custom lightning component to show a contact record based on its record id.
I want to also show the activity composer for that particular contact. Is it possible ?
If not, is it possible to show the event related list to that contact ?
  • February 14, 2018
Is there any possibility to get the transaction Id / Thread ID of the current running process in apex ?
Basically the same way how salesforce group the logs on the developer console.
  • December 20, 2017
Hi guys,
I am facing a problem with a lightning component.
Every time I call a specific method on an Apex controller, I get this ISE 2142730542-132340 (-405944075)
I have even remove everything from the function:
public static Boolean generateNodes(String recordId)
   {
       System.debug('yoooohoo');
       return true;
   }

But it still doesn't work 
  • December 18, 2017

Looking for some guidance regarding the following. When we try and access any Account records in Lightning Experience we get the following error-

Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, get in touch with your administrator with the error ID shown here and any other related details. Error ID: 1187424607-52643 (834406240)

We can access the Account records just fine in SF Classic. I have tried removing VF and related lists to see if those might be causing the issue, but the error persists. Any ideas what this error is referring to and how to resolve it? Thank you!

From the developer guide, force, ui and lightning namespaces are referring to:
force
Provides components for field- and record-specific implementations.

lightning
Provides components with Lightning Design System styling. For components in this namespace that are used in standalone Lightning apps, extend force:slds to implement Lightning Design System styling. In instances where there are matching ui and lightning namespace components, we recommend that you use the lightning namespace component. The lightning namespace components are optimized for common use cases. Event handling for lightning namespace components follows standard HTML practices and are simpler than that for the ui namespace components. For more information, see Event Handling in Base Lightning Components.

ui
Provides an older implementation of user interface components that don’t match the look and feel of Lightning Experience and the Salesforce mobile app. Components in this namespace support multiple styling mechanism, and are usually more complex.

(https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/aura_compref.htm)

I understand that lightning namespace is preferred when compared to ui namespace. But I am confused of the difference between force and lightning namespaces. For example, we can use force:inputField and lightning:input to show an input box.

Please suggest the possible use cases for these three namespaces.
Hi,

I  have created a new action (button in classic ) in lighteing expereince. And to that  new action i have  added my aura component. Now when i click on the new action iam getting a modal box in which iam  able to see my aura component.

But i want to  display my aura component in seperate tab or window when i click on the new action . 
please sugget  me how to open my aura component in seperate tab or window when i click on the new action.

Regards,
Shiva.
I created a custom junction object (PS_Relationship__c) with  2 lookup fields  (Advisor__c and Private_Staff__c) to the User object.

If I run a query, I'm able to get th advisors name related to a specific private staff like: 

SELECT Advisor__r.Name FROM PS_Relationship__c WHERE Private_Staff__c != null

What I want is to create a component to list all the advisors the private staff is related to. So if I'm looking into a record within this custom object, for the private staff listed on the record, I want to be able to return all the other advisors related to the same Private Staff (Private_Staff__c) in the same page.

How do I get the field (component) ID for the private staff?
Hi guys,
I have an Apex class, which does logical operation on dependent picklist.
Since I cannot find any default dependent picklist fields, how can I create a test class, which can run on any org ?
THanks.
  • August 28, 2017
On LEX, the address information you save into the billing address will be shown as a link on view mode of the record.

Is it possible:
1. Show the link of the address differently depends on the country ?
2. Add custom field, which should also be shown on this link ?

Thanks
  • August 02, 2017
Hi,
On refreshing a tab on the console navigation on lex, my lightning component is not refreshed.
I have tried to bind the reinitialization with
<aura:handler event="force:refreshView" action="{!c.jsLoaded}" />
but it doesnt seem to be triggered.
What is the correct way to also refresh my lightning component on refreshing the tab ?
Thanks

Dear Sir and Madam,

we have setup "Custom Metadata Types" for configuration in our program.

Custom Metadata Type called:
Bauobjekt Field Mapping

SELECT ibszpbaucore__Bauobjekt_Entity__c,ibszpbaucore__Bauobjekt_Feld__c,ibszpbaucore__Bauobjekt_Lead_Entity__c,ibszpbaucore__Bauobjekt_Lead_Feld__c,Id FROM ibszpbaucore__Bauobjekt_Field_Mapping__mdt

when I check the data in this table I see that the following view:

ibszpbaucore__Bauobjekt_Entity__c ibszpbaucore__Bauobjekt_Feld__c ibszpbaucore__Bauobjekt_Lead_Entity__c ibszpbaucore__Bauobjekt_Lead_Feld__c Id
1 01I0Y000000bG6s 01I0Y000000bG6s.00N0Y00000EpS1x 01I0Y000000bG64 01I0Y000000bG64.00N0Y00000GGgWW m000Y000000DlJfQAK
2 01I0Y000000bG6s 01I0Y000000bG6s.00N0Y00000EpS27 01I0Y000000bG64 01I0Y000000bG64.00N0Y00000GGgWg m000Y000000DlMZQA0
3 01I0Y000000bG6s 01I0Y000000bG6s.00N0Y00000EpSDf 01I0Y000000bG64 01I0Y000000bG64.00N0Y00000GGgaE m000Y000000DlMoQAK
4 01I0Y000000bG6s 01I0Y000000bG6s.00N0Y00000EpSCm 01I0Y000000bG64 01I0Y000000bG64.00N0Y00000GGgWq m000Y000000DlJkQAK
5 01I0Y000000bG6s 01I0Y000000bG6s.00N0Y00000EpSIH 01I0Y000000bG64 01I0Y000000bG64.00N0Y00000GGgaJ m000Y000000DlMtQAK
6 01I0Y000000bG6s 01I0Y000000bG6s.00N0Y00000EpSCr 01I0Y000000bG64 01I0Y000000bG64.00N0Y00000GGgWv m000Y000000DlJpQAK

Result in Documentation:
https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/developer-relations/2017/04/simplify-salesforce-data-custom-metadata-type-relationships.html

all Fieldnames are reflected by ID instead by name.
How can I convert them by apex to real names?
Are these Ids stored while packaging and how will this info be available on other Systems,
if transfered, or do I have to customize again?
thank you for your help

I'm having issues with adding a Menu Item to the Navigation Menu within Community Builder.

User-added image
User-added image

This is what I want: Add a menu item called "My Profile" and have it go directly to the User Profile page.
What's happening: The URL for My Profile requires one or more parameters. Please replace each parameter with the appropriate value.

Name: My Profile

Type: Community Page
Page: User Profile
URL: /profile/:recordId