• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am on the Heroku trailhead: Change and Redeploy the Application

After updating the server.js and running npm start I get the error in the title:
User-added image

I am working on the 4th trailhead for Heroku ("Change and Redeploy the Application")

I restarted the nodejs app and tried doing an update to a record. In my command line I get the following error, not sure what I need to do because I downloaded NodeJs. Please help?:
npm
I am creating an Apex class for a REST Webservice.

I created one in a previous class (named 'ContactsManager') that has a createContact method and at the beginning has @RestResource(urlMapping='/Contacts/*')

This class is named 'ContactsCrud'

The Developer console is giving me the 'problem' : Duplicate urlMapping on @RestResource 

I'm not sure why I'm getting this as they are in 2 different classes. Can I change the urlMapping to any name I want but it still uses the Contacts class? What do I need to do here?
I am working on the 4th trailhead for Heroku ("Change and Redeploy the Application")

I restarted the nodejs app and tried doing an update to a record. In my command line I get the following error, not sure what I need to do because I downloaded NodeJs. Please help?:
User-added image
I wrote a apex REST webservice that takes in data to write 2 or more related objects. I need to do a Postman test of the service but I get the error: You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com. 

I have tried the POST URLs': https://na50.lightning.force.com/apexrest/contacts and https://na50.salesforce.com/apexrest/contacts :
User-added image

Here is a SS of my code from developer console:
User-added image

I am working on the challenge labeled: 
Create an approval process that validates when a Prospect Account becomes a Customer.

I'm relatively confident I got everything right as I added Prospect, Customer, and Pending, named things properly etc. For some reason it is giving me the error:
User-added image
However when I check, Test3 no longer exists under Workflow Field Updates:
User-added image
Why is it still giving me this error?
I am trying to create an integration in salesforce that will send contacts to Zoho CRM.

I see the trailhead (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/modules/apex_integration_services/units/apex_integration_rest_callouts) talks about REST Callouts, but not sure how to send contacts to Zoho CRM. I created an account on the site but the google searches, docs, and vids always seem to point to using a tool like BedrockData. 

Not sure really where to start. Do I use this to connect to zoho? request.setEndpoint('https://crm.zoho.com/crm/private/xml/Contacts/???');
and  request.setMethod('POST'); ?
and then in  request.setBody(  <--- I put the fields for the contact?
I don't see where to put the API key? [also is this where I get it in the first place ? https://crm.zoho.com/crm/ShowSetup.do?tab=webInteg&subTab=api&action=developerapi ]
I am doing the trailhead for Process Automation

The problem is I don't see the options to add Pending, and some of the others like Customer in the Field Value Picklist. This is what I see:
User-added image

I'm getting the following error on this trailhead: 
Account setup for challenge incomplete. Please add 'Prospect', 'Customer' and 'Pending' picklist values to the Account 'Type' field

This is for the challenge that says "Create an approval process that validates when a Prospect Account becomes a Customer."

Please help
I am working on a REST WebService that takes in 2 objects. I was able to create the 2 classes (one for Account, one for Contact). The test for Account gets 100% but for Contact only gets 50% and I'm not sure what I'm missing.

ContactsManager.apxc:
@RestResource(urlMapping='/Contacts/*')
global with sharing class ContactsManager {

@HttpPost
    global static ID createContact(String contactOwner, String department, String contactEmail) {
        Contact thisContact = new Contact(OwnerId=contactOwner, Department=department, Email=contactEmail);
        insert thisContact;
        return thisContact.Id;
    } 
}
(My Test class)  ContactsManagerTest.apxc:
@IsTest
public class ContactsManagerTest {

@isTest static void testCreateContact() {
        // Call the method to test
        ID thisContactId = ContactsManager.createContact(
            '1', 'CSIS', 'olmsted@cofc.edu');
        // Verify results
        System.assert(thisContactId != null);
        Contact thisContact = [SELECT Id,Department FROM Contact WHERE Id=:thisContactId];
        System.assert(thisContact != null);
        System.assertEquals(thisContact.Department, 'CSIS');
    }
}
When I click on the test area for the 2 lines that are failing, it points to:
insert thisContact;
        return thisContact.Id;

Not sure what's wrong with these?

I am trying to do the following:
Write a apex REST webservice that takes in data to write 2 or more related objects.  You can use the out of the box objects or create new ones.

I am getting the following errors:
User-added image
And:
User-added image

Please assist. With the first one I think part of my confusion is how the class attributes are formed. I tried going to what I thought was the proper documentation but still getting that error.

With the second one I'm not sure if it dislikes more than one class in a single apex file?
Here is my code:
@RestResource(urlMapping='/Accounts/*')
global with sharing class AccountsManager {

@HttpPost
    global static ID createAccount(String accountOwner, String accountName,
        String accountPhone, String accountWebsite) {
        Account thisAccount = new Account(
            Account Owner=accountOwner,
            Account Name=accountName,
            Phone=accountPhone,
            Website=accountWebsite);
        insert thisAccount;
        return thisAccount.Id;
    } 
}

@HttpPost
    global static ID createContact(String contactOwner, String contactFirstName,
        String contactLastName, String contactTitle, String contactEmail) {
        Contact thisContact = new Contact(
            Owner=contactOwner,
            First Name=contactName,
            Last Name=contactLastName
            Title=contactTitle,
            Email=contactEmail);
        insert thisContact;
        return thisContact.Id;
    } 
}

I am getting the following error on this trailhead: Account setup for challenge incomplete. Please add 'Prospect', 'Customer' and 'Pending' picklist values to the Account 'Type' field

This is for the challenge that says "Create an approval process that validates when a Prospect Account becomes a Customer."

The problem is I don't see the options to add Pending and some of the others like Customer. This is what I see, please help:
User-added image

I am stuck on the Process Automation Trailhead - Customize How Records get Approved with Approvals:
"Create an approval process that validates when a Prospect Account becomes a Customer."

I did everything in the notes before trying the challenge.
I started a new Approval Process under Account as I believe the instructions mention. I am not sure what is wanted for the "Specify Criteria" section as I don't see it being asked for in the Challenge, but it seems to be a field that wants to be filled out? Please help!User-added image

Hello all,

I am trying to do the following but I have no clue where to start, is there an article I can read or a video to watch on this topic?

Write a SOAPUI script to do the following:
1.) Login to your salesforce application
2.) Retrieve the ids of some contacts
3.) Retrieve the names of some ids retrieved earlier

Do not need to worry about parsing the variables from responses.  Can had place them into the next request.

Thanks
I am trying to create an integration in salesforce that will send contacts to Zoho CRM.

I see the trailhead (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/modules/apex_integration_services/units/apex_integration_rest_callouts) talks about REST Callouts, but not sure how to send contacts to Zoho CRM. I created an account on the site but the google searches, docs, and vids always seem to point to using a tool like BedrockData. 

Not sure really where to start. Do I use this to connect to zoho? request.setEndpoint('https://crm.zoho.com/crm/private/xml/Contacts/???');
and  request.setMethod('POST'); ?
and then in  request.setBody(  <--- I put the fields for the contact?
I don't see where to put the API key? [also is this where I get it in the first place ? https://crm.zoho.com/crm/ShowSetup.do?tab=webInteg&subTab=api&action=developerapi ]

npm
I am creating an Apex class for a REST Webservice.

I created one in a previous class (named 'ContactsManager') that has a createContact method and at the beginning has @RestResource(urlMapping='/Contacts/*')

This class is named 'ContactsCrud'

The Developer console is giving me the 'problem' : Duplicate urlMapping on @RestResource 

I'm not sure why I'm getting this as they are in 2 different classes. Can I change the urlMapping to any name I want but it still uses the Contacts class? What do I need to do here?
I am working on the challenge labeled: 
Create an approval process that validates when a Prospect Account becomes a Customer.

I'm relatively confident I got everything right as I added Prospect, Customer, and Pending, named things properly etc. For some reason it is giving me the error:
User-added image
However when I check, Test3 no longer exists under Workflow Field Updates:
User-added image
Why is it still giving me this error?
I am doing the trailhead for Process Automation

The problem is I don't see the options to add Pending, and some of the others like Customer in the Field Value Picklist. This is what I see:
User-added image

I'm getting the following error on this trailhead: 
Account setup for challenge incomplete. Please add 'Prospect', 'Customer' and 'Pending' picklist values to the Account 'Type' field

Please help
I am working on a REST WebService that takes in 2 objects. I was able to create the 2 classes (one for Account, one for Contact). The test for Account gets 100% but for Contact only gets 50% and I'm not sure what I'm missing.

ContactsManager.apxc:

@HttpPost
    global static ID createContact(String contactOwner, String department, String contactEmail) {
        Contact thisContact = new Contact(OwnerId=contactOwner, Department=department, Email=contactEmail);
        insert thisContact;
        return thisContact.Id;
    } 
}
(My Test class)  ContactsManagerTest.apxc:
@IsTest
public class ContactsManagerTest {

@isTest static void testCreateContact() {
        // Call the method to test
        ID thisContactId = ContactsManager.createContact(
            '1', 'CSIS', 'olmsted@cofc.edu');
        // Verify results
        System.assert(thisContactId != null);
        Contact thisContact = [SELECT Id,Department FROM Contact WHERE Id=:thisContactId];
        System.assert(thisContact != null);
        System.assertEquals(thisContact.Department, 'CSIS');
    }
}
When I click on the test area for the 2 lines that are failing, it points to:
insert thisContact;
        return thisContact.Id;

Not sure what's wrong with these?

I am stuck on the Process Automation Trailhead - Customize How Records get Approved with Approvals:
"Create an approval process that validates when a Prospect Account becomes a Customer."

I did everything in the notes before trying the challenge.
I started a new Approval Process under Account as I believe the instructions mention. I am not sure what is wanted for the "Specify Criteria" section as I don't see it being asked for in the Challenge, but it seems to be a field that wants to be filled out? Please help!User-added image

Hello all,

I am trying to do the following but I have no clue where to start, is there an article I can read or a video to watch on this topic?

Write a SOAPUI script to do the following:
1.) Login to your salesforce application
2.) Retrieve the ids of some contacts
3.) Retrieve the names of some ids retrieved earlier

Do not need to worry about parsing the variables from responses.  Can had place them into the next request.

Thanks