• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello - In the below image Account.Name populates to my vf page just fine when the id is entered into the URL.  The controller from the other image below uses the fields in the vf page to do an insert to a custom object called customerFeedback.  The input text fields insert just fine but how can I rework my controller to pass the value of Account.Name to objcfb.Account__c.  The account name is a required field for customerFeedback records.  Please help.
User-added image
Hi There,

I have situation where i need to override the "New" button with visualforce page  and again on the visulaforce when i click button it should do some business logic and open the record type selection page of overridden  object.

I have done the overriding the "New" button New button Override

if will open a visulaforce that is fine , when i click a button on visualforce page it is opening the record type selection page 
below is the URL which will take to record type selection page 
/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=01Ie0000000DXBY&retURL=%2Fa1Z%2Fo&save_new_url=%2Fa1Z%2Fe%3FretURL%3D%252Fa1Z%252Fo

User-added image

once i click on the continue button again it is taking me to visualforce page.
below is the url which is taking me to vf page 

https://c.cs15.visual.force.com/apex/OverrideQuoteNewButton?retURL=%2Fa1Z%2Fo&RecordType=012e0000000D2XZ&ent=01Ie0000000DXBY&inline=1&save_new=1&sfdc.override=1

but what i was expect is standard page layout of quote.
can any one tell me what is url parameter i need to pass to go to standard quote edit page.

is it possible to get after overriding to get standard page layout.

• October 17, 2014

Hi All, I am thinking is it possible to use portal user credentials to authenticate to SF SOAP API? If yes, how?

Basically, I have done a bit of research and coding for that, and it seems the answer to this question is no. As to use SOAP API, I need to provide user name and password+security token for the authentication. But the situation for portal users is that there is no such a way to retrieve their security token.

Woule be very appreciated if anyone can confirm my answer or point me to a right way if I am wrong.