• Software Engineer
  • Animals-Now NGO

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I wrote an integration with a 3rd party vendor, in apex.
The 3rd party vendor supplies me with a WSDL, which I use to generate apex classes ("generate from WSDL" button in "apex class").
I use the generated class to call the 3rd party web-service. It works perfect.
In practice, the code eventually calls "WebServiceCallout.invoke()".

Here's the problem -
Every now and then, the 3rd party vendor adds a field to one of their response objects. When that happens - my integration with them breaks.
I get a message like this:
"System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unable to parse callout response. Apex type not found for element CardName"
Now, I don't care at all about their new field ("CardName" in this case) - I'm happy to ignore it!
But WebServiceCallout.invoke() won't ignore it. It fails the entire flow over that unfamiliar field.

The consequence is that every time this happens, I need to update the WSDL (which is easy), and then replay all the the flows that failed, and there may be hundreds of them.

I've tried to search for a way to make WebServiceCallout.invoke() more lenient, but couldn't find anything useful.
I wrote an integration with a 3rd party vendor, in apex.
The 3rd party vendor supplies me with a WSDL, which I use to generate apex classes ("generate from WSDL" button in "apex class").
I use the generated class to call the 3rd party web-service. It works perfect.
In practice, the code eventually calls "WebServiceCallout.invoke()".

Here's the problem -
Every now and then, the 3rd party vendor adds a field to one of their response objects. When that happens - my integration with them breaks.
I get a message like this:
"System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unable to parse callout response. Apex type not found for element CardName"
Now, I don't care at all about their new field ("CardName" in this case) - I'm happy to ignore it!
But WebServiceCallout.invoke() won't ignore it. It fails the entire flow over that unfamiliar field.

The consequence is that every time this happens, I need to update the WSDL (which is easy), and then replay all the the flows that failed, and there may be hundreds of them.

I've tried to search for a way to make WebServiceCallout.invoke() more lenient, but couldn't find anything useful.
I love the weekly export service and how it can generates a full zip snapshot of your org.

While they're nice, what can yo do with them?  Specifically, is there a way to populate a sandbox by uploading zip file into the test org?

Thanks,
I love the weekly export service and how it can generates a full zip snapshot of your org.

While they're nice, what can yo do with them?  Specifically, is there a way to populate a sandbox by uploading zip file into the test org?

Thanks,