• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm getting the same error as Arielle:

User-added image

As far as I can tell I've created the button correctly and added it to the correct existing Contacts page (see below).  However, I noticed there is a standard button called 'Change Record Type' which I don't see on the other related posts.  Does this mean that I'm running into the this challenge will not work with record types issue?  If so, where are the instructions on how to set up another new DE account?  I don't remember having any option not to use record types when I set up this account.  Can I use the same email in the new account as this one?

TIA for any help on this.

User-added image
I'm getting the same error as Arielle:

User-added image

As far as I can tell I've created the button correctly and added it to the correct existing Contacts page (see below).  However, I noticed there is a standard button called 'Change Record Type' which I don't see on the other related posts.  Does this mean that I'm running into the this challenge will not work with record types issue?  If so, where are the instructions on how to set up another new DE account?  I don't remember having any option not to use record types when I set up this account.  Can I use the same email in the new account as this one?

TIA for any help on this.

User-added image

Simply put the following formula into a formula field of type "Text":

Id
& MID("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ012345",(
    IF(FIND(MID(Id,1,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,1,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,2,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,2,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,3,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,4,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,4,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,8,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,5,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,16,0)
    )+1,1)
    IF(FIND(MID(Id,6,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,1,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,7,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,2,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,8,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,4,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,9,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,8,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,10,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,16,0)
    )+1,1)
    IF(FIND(MID(Id,11,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,1,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,12,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,2,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,13,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,4,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,14,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,8,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,15,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,16,0)
    )+1,1)

This is an optimized version of the code example "BPS: 18 digit external ID within the UI" you can find on the Online Help, but unlike the example provided there, it is small enough to fit into a formula field. Also, this code doesn't contain the error found in the online help example, where the second character byte equivalent of the first 5-character chunk was "4" instead of "2". I'd be more than happy if someone could come up with an even shorter version of this formula...Still, I hope you can use this.

Cheers,

Erik Mittmeyer