• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have been trying to add topics in knowledge articles using SF Classic 

User-added image
But when I look at Topics in Artilce Management for Communities, it's not connected, it's almost like they are entirely different even if the topics on both areas are the same. 

User-added image
It's a little frustraiting because I was referring to this article to add the topics for Community management but instead, it added it for the classic layout.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000338350&type=1&mode=1

I need a way to mass import topics into the second scenario and would need some guidane! Thanks in advance!
So the team is looking for a simple way to view and report on Office hours for Accounts that the field reps are visiting. 

I have exprimented with multiple methods such as creating custom Objects or custom fields but niether were easy to read/ report on/ add to a list view.

I have a method that would be the simplest to view and for the reps to see on their list views and reports.

I will have picklist items for each day of the week for a start time and end time for their office hour (I will give an example for three days to make the formula simple):
Monday From: 1:00pm 
Monday to: 8:00pm
Tueday From: CLOSED
Tuesday To: CLOSED
Wednesday: 8:00am
Wednesday: 3:00pm

The issue with this is that it's four fields, so reporitng and simply vewing is still not ideal.

So what I want to do is to create a formula field that will display the text items just for the open hours.

So the formula field will show this:

"Monday from: 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Wednesday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm"

You see how every day is a separate line and how Tuesday is not included because it's CLOSED? 

One more addition is that I want to add a special note field which is a text field - Here's an example
Special Note: "Open on xmas and new years eve"

So it will be:

"Monday from: 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Wednesday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm

Open on xmas and new years eve"

Is this possible to do?

Thank you. 

So I am a novice when it comes to coding and formulas. 

I need to edit this Validation Rule in the opportunity Object with two new business requirements:
  • This Validation Rule shoud ONLY apply to three record types: eHealth, Hospital, and LTC
  • The Validation rule should also apply ONLY when field "Revenue_Type__c" is equal to "New Business" 
The Validation Rule is below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND( 
NOT(Old_Org_Archive__c), 
Probability >= 0.5, 
OR( 
Numof_Engagement_Ready_Buying_Influences__c = 0, 
of_Strengths__c = 0, 
Num_of_Red_Flags__c = 0 

)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you!

I am working with an organization that would like to track what products are being mentioned during client calls/ visit. Let's say we have four products. 

Product A, Product B, Product C, and Product D.

In the Task Object, I added four checkboxes, A, B, C, D.

IF the rep mentions Product A in the subject line OR the Comment section, THEN checkmark Product A.

IF the rep mentions Product B AND Product C, AND Product D in the Subject OR the Comment THEN checkmark all three.

IF  the rep mentions Product A AND Product C in the Subject OR the Comment THEN checkmark Product A and Product C.

And so forth.

My question:
Is a rule like this doable in workflow rule or process builder? Or should I take a different approach to it?

Thank you in advance!

I need to add a report to a lightning home page, but that option doesn't seem to be available.

What would be the best way to approach this? Will I have to create a custom component? What would the code look like?

Thank you in advance.
There is a custom Field created in Marketo through another tool called Infer, let's call the API name InferMarketoFitScore. I want to take that field and create a custom field in Salesforce that Syncs the data from Marketo (one way Sync). There isn't a clear way to Sync this.

Creating a custom field in Salesforce and Syncinc to Marketo is simple but Syncing Marketo to SF custom fields is not straigh forward.

Below are details of the Marketo field.
User-added image

My question is, how do I create a SF field that will automatically take data from this Marketo field?

Thanks in advance!

I am trying to track Opportunity field history in Opportunity Products but I am experiencing limitations in Salesforce Professional Edition. Let's say I want to track the Schedule Amount in the Opportunity Product and report changes in the change in Revenue is > $1 mil over the past week.

I'd want to track the current value, the previous value and the date changed. 

I have read that you can create a custom object that can have all this info, but I need some guidance in creating this. Do I need to create triggers as well? I am not sure if this is possible in PE.

Thanks. 
I need to add a report to a lightning home page, but that option doesn't seem to be available.

What would be the best way to approach this? Will I have to create a custom component? What would the code look like?

Thank you in advance.
I am trying to track Opportunity field history in Opportunity Products but I am experiencing limitations in Salesforce Professional Edition. Let's say I want to track the Schedule Amount in the Opportunity Product and report changes in the change in Revenue is > $1 mil over the past week.

I'd want to track the current value, the previous value and the date changed. 

I have read that you can create a custom object that can have all this info, but I need some guidance in creating this. Do I need to create triggers as well? I am not sure if this is possible in PE.

Thanks. 
Is there any way to track the field history in Opportunity line item through a custom code? since there is no standard feature enabled for this object to track field history.

Thanks

• March 18, 2016