• 35 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Have a lookup field for states and want to create a workflow that if the lookup field is Maryland, then the workflow triggers. How can I write this formula? 
Hello, 

I have a couple of objects named Listing and Transaction. I have another object called Market. Each listing and transaction record belongs to the same Market. So for example, when we carete a listing we add the Market by using a lookup field in the listing object. When this listing becomes a transaction (listings and transactions are related), then the transaction needs to have the field for the Market that corresponds to the same as the listing. I can do a process builder or a simple formula. However, the fields limitation in SF won't allow me to use a lookup field or a formula field as we are maxed out. Any workarounds suggested for this? 

Thanks ,

Karla
Hello, 

Salesforce recently reduced the lookup and formula fields in custom objects. Therefore I'm unable to create any more lookups. I'm going to use child objects instead, however I cannot create the master lookup relationship because of the field limitation. Anyone know a workaround this? 

What I want to do is link two objects a Contact and a Location object together by having the location be a child object. Ideally, I wanted to have the location be a lookup field in the contact, but the fields limits of 15 won't let me. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks 

Hello, 

I have 2 child objects in two custom objects. Object A has Child object 1 and Object B has child object 2. Objects A and B are related to each other. 

I need to create a way to copy the info from child object 1 into child object 2 associated with objecct A and B. I also need the info on Child object 2 to override if we change the values. So it cannot be done thru formula fields. 

I tried using process builder, but I'm missing something because not sure how to link the 2 child objects together. 

Is this possible or do we need apex code? 

Thanks, 

Karla
Hello, 

How do I need to setup the conditions in process builder so that when I have two objects, Object A and Object B, the process copies the data from Object A into Object B. But if we need to change Object B, then the new value overrides whatever was copied over from Object A? 

Right now, everytime I hit save it reverts to the Object A's values. 

Thanks, 

Karla

Hello, 

We have 200 email alerts, some are immediate and some are time dependent. We have 20 locations that require about 30-40 of those email alerts to trigger at different time intervals or have different email templates. Therefoer only about 160 alerts are consistent across the 20 locations. We need to design a way to build these email alerts in a way that is scalable. We add locations each month and need to find a way to implement the consistent alerts and be able to create the ones that differ. 

We had them setup as workflows but we reached the limit quite fast. We then started using process builder but the system is super slow and it was really hard to recreate 200 workflows and then trouble shoot them,. Each time something conflicted it stopped our entire system. 

Any ideas on how to build a system that is scalable? Do we need to go the apex code route? 

Thanks, 

Hello, How can I export email templates that is not using data loader? I tried using data loader and the file was exported but I cannot open it, it came out not as a CSV file but a file that my computer cannot open, If I try opening with data loader, where it says open the file nothing happens, seems like there is a bug in the dataloader program because the button does not work. Any other ideas? I need all the email templates we have in SF. 
Hello, 

I created a joint report to allow for a child object to show in the parent object. I can see all the fields I need but the records from block 1, the parent block, do not correspond to the child records on block 2. How can I arrange them so they correspond? 

I created this formula, to calculate the total amount from a percentage and price fields. It seems pretty straight forward and a similar formula that I build is working fine. This one just spits out a 0, so a calculation is taking place but it is not calculating the total amount as needed. 

This is the form
Buyer_Agent_Commision_Total__c

IF( ISPICKVAL( Buyer_Side_Commission_Type__c , 'Percentage %') , Net_Price_After_Seller_Concessions__c * Buyer_Side_Commission__c /100, 
IF( ISPICKVAL( Buyer_Side_Commission_Type__c , 'Flat Fee') ,Buyer_Side_Commission__c, 0))

The other formula that works ok is this one. They are the same, the only thing that varies is the fields, what can be wrong with the one above???

LA_Commission_Total__c

IF( ISPICKVAL( Listing_Side_Commission_Type__c , 'Percentage %') , Net_Price_After_Seller_Concessions__c * Listing_Side_Commission__c /100, 
IF( ISPICKVAL( Listing_Side_Commission_Type__c , 'Flat Fee') ,Listing_Side_Commission__c, 0))

I want certain fields to be visible to some users, I tried using the permissions set, assigned those fields and then added users. But it seems like they are visible to everyone not just the user in the permission sets. How do I change it? 

Also, the notes object that is supposed to go at the bottom of the layout page of any object is missing from the layout, how can I add it if not in the related lists when I edit the layout for that object? 
I want to add the Account field to the visual force page for contacts. When I add it 

<apex:inputField value="{!contact.Account}" required="false"/>

Whenever you want to create a new contact, you get this error 

Expression value does not resolve to a field
Error is in expression '{!contact.Account}' in component <apex:inputField> in page quick_create_contact

I have a developer who wants to create apex code to allow some validation rules to take place in an object that is related to another. Right now we have a process builder that is conflicting somehow with the validation rules. He's saying that in order for the rules to work he wants to build apex code to put the process builder into it and avoid this conflict. Does anyone have any info on what he's talking about? Not an apex expert and I'm trying to understand why he needs it to avoid the conflicts with process... he said it has something to do with the calculations that are not right to be used with process and need to be done with coding. 

Hello, 

I'm doing a change set from Sandbox to production of an active workflow in Production. 

This workflow has pending actions. When I deploy the change set it fails because of the active actions. I do not want to deactivate the workflow because I do need those pending actions to trigger as the changes to the workflow are not with the pending actions but with templates and one of the criteria. If I were making the changes in the production env then I would not deactivate the workflow. But if I'm using change sets it seems like I need to deactivate or remove the pending actions. 

Is there a work around that? Or is it acceptable to make the changes in production so as not to affect the pending actions? 
Thanks, 

Hello, 

Can a custom report be built to be able to track 3 different object fields or tasks at the same time? 

I have an object that has a relationship with 2 other objects, need a report that can show me activities (task) associated with the object as well as see logged calls and notes. 

I was told by SF that I would have to run 3 separate reports and export an excel spreadsheet and use v-lookup to do this. Is that for real? 

Thanks, 
Hello, 

I have the following formula. I want to add the condition that the email only triggers after transaction start (a picklist value) equals = Yes

How do I add this to this formula? 

AND( 
NOT(ISBLANK(Lender_Company_Contact__c )), 
NOT(ISBLANK(Buyer_Selling_Agent__c)), 
NOT(ISBLANK(Listing_Agent__c )), 
ISBLANK (Transaction_Closed_Date__c), 
ISBLANK( TEXT(Buyer_Using_Grants__c )) 

OR( TEXT ( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c ) = "SELLER", 
TEXT( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c ) = "Double sided") 

OR( TEXT(Loan_Type__c) = "FHA", 
TEXT(Loan_Type__c) = "VA", 
TEXT(Loan_Type__c) = "Conventional"))

I have the following formula. The idea is that if the Loan time is VA, FHA or Conventioanl AND the lender contact is blank for a record  type Seller or Double side, for an emiail to trigger to them. This seems to be triggering for other record types and even if the lender info is not blank. What do I need to change to make this work? 
or( 
ISPICKVAL(Loan_Type__c, "VA"), 
ISPICKVAL(Loan_Type__c, "fha"), 
ISPICKVAL(Loan_Type__c, "conventional"), 
(ISBLANK(Lender_Company_Contact__c )), 
OR( 

ISPICKVAL( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c, "SELLER"), 

ISPICKVAL( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c, "Double sided")))

Hello, 
I'm trying to create a formula where if a value is changed (the commision side amount), then the WF will trigger. The listing commission will always have a value, I want to WF to trigger if the value changes at any given time. Not when it's blank, not when its null or when it's filled, only if it changes from one value to another. 

I also need this only to trigger if the Broker representation field is SELLER or Double side. 

These are the api values: 

Listing Commission that changes: Listing_Side_Commission__c
Broker represenation: rethink3__Broker_Representation__c

This is what I wrote and got errors: 

AND(
ISCHANGED( Listing_Side_Commission__c ),

OR(

I started writing the formula and got an error message that ISCHANGE cannot be used, any ideas on how I can build this? 

We have an email alert that needs to go out X days after a certain date. We currenty have a date field for that certain date and a box where we put how many days after that date we need that email to go out. However, I need this to be automated. I need a formula, workflow rule or process that allows me to calculate what date should the email trigger. and then trigger the email For example, if the days are 5 then the new date based on today's date would be April 30th.  On April 30th the email should trigger. So I either need a fomula that adds the 5 days to my date and gets me a new date from where the email alert triggers or something else that achieves the same. How do I create a formula that does this? 
Hello, I have the folloiwng formua, but want to add that it only triggers if a date field named Transaction closed out date is blank (Transaction_Closed_Date__c). How do I incorporate that into this formula? 

AND(
NOT(ISNULL(  Contract_Acceptance_Date__c  )),

OR(
ISNULL(  Appraisal_Ordered_Date__c  ),
ISNULL( Appraisal_Date_Time__c )),

OR(

TEXT ( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c ) = "buyer",

TEXT( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c ) = "Double sided"))
I am unable to figure out how to build formulas for picklist values. For the following formula I want that if Loan type equals any of the following statuses VA, FHA and Conventional, and broker representation is SELLER or double sided and Lender company contact is blank, then the WF triggers. I've tried numerous combinations of the below, but it does not trigger. No errors in syntax, just does not work when the conditons are met. 

or( 
OR( 

Hello, 

I'm doing a change set from Sandbox to production of an active workflow in Production. 

This workflow has pending actions. When I deploy the change set it fails because of the active actions. I do not want to deactivate the workflow because I do need those pending actions to trigger as the changes to the workflow are not with the pending actions but with templates and one of the criteria. If I were making the changes in the production env then I would not deactivate the workflow. But if I'm using change sets it seems like I need to deactivate or remove the pending actions. 

Is there a work around that? Or is it acceptable to make the changes in production so as not to affect the pending actions? 
Thanks, 

Have a lookup field for states and want to create a workflow that if the lookup field is Maryland, then the workflow triggers. How can I write this formula? 
Hello, 

I have a couple of objects named Listing and Transaction. I have another object called Market. Each listing and transaction record belongs to the same Market. So for example, when we carete a listing we add the Market by using a lookup field in the listing object. When this listing becomes a transaction (listings and transactions are related), then the transaction needs to have the field for the Market that corresponds to the same as the listing. I can do a process builder or a simple formula. However, the fields limitation in SF won't allow me to use a lookup field or a formula field as we are maxed out. Any workarounds suggested for this? 

Thanks ,

Karla
I created this formula, to calculate the total amount from a percentage and price fields. It seems pretty straight forward and a similar formula that I build is working fine. This one just spits out a 0, so a calculation is taking place but it is not calculating the total amount as needed. 

This is the form
Buyer_Agent_Commision_Total__c

IF( ISPICKVAL( Buyer_Side_Commission_Type__c , 'Percentage %') , Net_Price_After_Seller_Concessions__c * Buyer_Side_Commission__c /100, 
IF( ISPICKVAL( Buyer_Side_Commission_Type__c , 'Flat Fee') ,Buyer_Side_Commission__c, 0))

The other formula that works ok is this one. They are the same, the only thing that varies is the fields, what can be wrong with the one above???

LA_Commission_Total__c

IF( ISPICKVAL( Listing_Side_Commission_Type__c , 'Percentage %') , Net_Price_After_Seller_Concessions__c * Listing_Side_Commission__c /100, 
IF( ISPICKVAL( Listing_Side_Commission_Type__c , 'Flat Fee') ,Listing_Side_Commission__c, 0))

Hello, 
I'm trying to create a formula where if a value is changed (the commision side amount), then the WF will trigger. The listing commission will always have a value, I want to WF to trigger if the value changes at any given time. Not when it's blank, not when its null or when it's filled, only if it changes from one value to another. 

I also need this only to trigger if the Broker representation field is SELLER or Double side. 

These are the api values: 

Listing Commission that changes: Listing_Side_Commission__c
Broker represenation: rethink3__Broker_Representation__c

This is what I wrote and got errors: 

AND(
ISCHANGED( Listing_Side_Commission__c ),

OR(

I started writing the formula and got an error message that ISCHANGE cannot be used, any ideas on how I can build this? 

I am unable to figure out how to build formulas for picklist values. For the following formula I want that if Loan type equals any of the following statuses VA, FHA and Conventional, and broker representation is SELLER or double sided and Lender company contact is blank, then the WF triggers. I've tried numerous combinations of the below, but it does not trigger. No errors in syntax, just does not work when the conditons are met. 

or( 
OR( 

I have a couple of processes to bring over info from one object to another and then from that object to a last one. Object 1, 2 and 3

First process is set that if Object 1 is not null, then certain fields are brough over thru a Reference to object 2. Then Object 3 has another process to bring that info from object 2 to 3. 

I tried editing object 2 and it won't let me, after saving the info reverts to whatever was on object 1. I thought that process allowed you to make changes to the fields. Second, the changes to object 2 DO reflect in object 3. So for example

Object 1 - Field value is set to 32
Object 2 - Field Value is set to 32
Object 3 - Field value is set to 32

Then I make a change in objectg 2 the new value is 55
Object 2 does not  change, after saving it still shows 32

However object 3 is now showing a value of 55

If I change object 1 to 55 - then all 3 change

What I want to do is be able to change object 2 and have the value that we want there. How can I edit the process so that it shows that? 

I want to trigger a WF if a lookup contact field is blank in a record. There are a few other conditions as well. THe start transaction (date field), buyer selling agent and listing agent (both lookup contact fields) must not be blank and it has to be broker represenation Seller or Double sided which are picklist values both, I get an Extra , error when checking the syntax 

AND( 
NOT(ISBLANK(Start_Transaction__c)), 
ISBLANK(Title_Contact__c)),

OR(

ISPICKVAL( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c,  "Double sided"))
Hello, 

I want to setup a rule that if a picklist value has not been selected that the WF triggers. I can't get it to work as I'm not sure how to add the picklist value = blank to the formula, used isnull, isblank and they came with errors. The picklist is called buyer using grants in bold below

AND( 
NOT(ISBLANK( Appraisal_Date_Time__c )), 
OR( 
TEXT (isnull (Buyer_Using_Grants__c) 

OR( 

TEXT ( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c ) = "SELLER", 

TEXT( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c ) = "Double sided"))

Hello I created a permission set for 4 users in my org. They are supposed to be the only ones with access to certain fields within an object. I went and created a persmission set, assigned the object fields and then assinged the set to the users. When I login using another user that is not in the permissions set I still am able to see and edit the fields. What am I doing wrong? I did the tutorial that SF offers to set this up, so I didn't miss any steps as this was a guided tour that pointed you where to click. It's called a walk thru: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=perm_sets_overview.htm&type=0
I have the following formula for a workflow rule that, one of the formula items is that from a picklist either 2 of several items are part of the conditions. This picklist field is Broker Representation, I want the WF to trigger if broker reprensentation equals Seller OR Double Side. How can I change the below formula to reflect this? I tried playing around but it seems I'm always missing a ) or , 

AND(
TEXT(Loan_Type__c)= "VA",
NOT(ISBLANK( Appraisal_Ordered_Date__c )),
ISBLANK( Appraisal_Date_Time__c ),
Text ( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c ) = ("SELLER" "Double sided")
)

Hi, I have the following VF page and it is displaying the fields in 2 colums. How do I make it so that it only shows 1 column. What code Do I need to enter? 

Alternatively, how can I modify the order the fields are displayed, what code do I need to enter? 

<apex:page standardController="Contact">
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="New Contact" mode="edit">
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection  rendered="{!contact.RecordTypeId == '01241000000A7Ud'}" title="buyer and seller"> 
                <apex:inputField value="{!contact.FirstName}" required="true"/>

<apex:inputField value="{!contact.LastName}" required="true"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!contact.rethink3__Nickname__c}" required="true"/>

<apex:inputField value="{!contact.MobilePhone}" required="false"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!contact.Phone}" required="false"/>

<apex:inputField value="{!contact.Email}" required="false"/>

<apex:inputField value="{!contact.Preferred_Method_Of_Contact__c}" required="true"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!contact.rethink3__Contact_Status__c}" required="false"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!contact.rethink3__Contact_Type__c}" required="true"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!contact.LeadSource}" required="false"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!contact.Lead_Source_Explanation__c}" required="false"/>
                <apex:inputField value="{!contact.Contact_For_Lead_Source__c}" required="false"/>
             </apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:pageBlockSection rendered="{!contact.RecordTypeId == '01241000000bfrc'}" title="company contact">
                    <apex:inputField value="{!contact.FirstName}" required="true"/>
                    <apex:inputField value="{!contact.LastName}" required="true"/>
                    <apex:inputField value="{!contact.Phone}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputField value="{!contact.MobilePhone}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputField value="{!contact.Email}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputField value="{!contact.rethink3__Contact_Type__c}" required="true"/>
            </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>