• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, Dev Community

We intermittentlly get this error when inserting child records of some master/detal objects whose parent is a Case record.

We have reviewed the Force.com Record Locking Cheatsheet, but our data model is very complex and there is a lot of workflow/trigger code coming from multiple teams, not to mention managed package code and potentially batch operations too.

So tracing the actual root cause for UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW can be very difficult and time consuming.

What I'm asking for, is some way to programatically (or otherwise) determine some context of the operation and user id of the thread that was locking the record (and thus prevented our code from executing successfully). This would make diagnosing such issues much more straightforward!

Can anyone help?

Hi All
How can i update  parent based on related child.I have 2 object Contact and Boutique__c.
Contact is Parent and Boutique is child.
Chilld object has one picklist field with value HOT,COLD and Others.
Need to update this value in parent object.Means if i am creating one child with picklist value HOT then it will update the parent HOT
If i am creating another record with COLD vlaue it will update COLD.Like this....I have created a trigger but its working only one child record .
trigger UpdateContact on Boutique__c (after insert, after update) {
 List <contact> OppList = new List<contact>();
  for(Boutique__c DDL : Trigger.new){

contact oppty=new contact(id=DDL.Customer_Name__c,Contact_Type__c=DDL.Visit_Type__c);
    OppList.add(oppty);
  }
  try{
  update OppList;
  }catch(DmlException de ){
   System.debug(de);
  }
}

User-added image
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually, this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: PGHBFJOE

above error am getting while completing the "Session-Based Permission Sets and Security
Activate Session-Based Permission Sets Without Code"  challenge
On the App Launcher tab of my developer org, it's not showing the Dreamhouse App I installed even though I followed all the instructions in the Trailhead instructions in the Getting Started with SalesForce Platform module. I have since seen that there are two possible versions of DreamHouse to launch but I'm not sure how to proceed since the Trailhead instructions has lead to installing a version of of Dreamhouse I'm not seeing on my org. Does anyone know how to proceed so I can complete this Trailhead session?