• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am getting different values in javascript on vfPage. When Manage Custom Permissions and Customized application checkbox is true, javascript returns value as per calculation and when that checkbox is not true javascript returns null.When Customize Application checkbox is trueWhen Customize Application checkbox is false
I am getting different values in javascript on vfPage. When Manage Custom Permissions and Customized application checkbox is true, javascript returns value as per calculation and when that checkbox is not true javascript returns null.When Customize Application checkbox is trueWhen Customize Application checkbox is false

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to FDC (so please correct me if I am wrong anywhere) . I have gone thorugh Apex REST API and found that we can create our custom web services in Apex and expose them as REST services using Apex REST. But in most of the references it is given that we can use any programming language of our choice ( i.e. from outside FDC) to invoke this custom WS via REST API. But I want to invoke the same using Apex code (i.e., from inside FDC) via REST API.

Any help is highly appreciated

• August 25, 2011

Hello, Forum:

I've read various posts around the forums concerning the defaulting in of values from a parent object into a newly created child object.  But I still don't see a solution out there.

I've created a VF page.  Using a topmost pageBlock, I've created a sort of boilerplate region where certain key information from the parent object is displayed.  This is a common technique, and it serves to orient the user in the child object with respect to the parent object.

But I'm having trouble implementing this technique.  It seems that newly created child objects do not have access to parent object values.  This is absolutely essential.  I need to fill in certain child fields based on values in the parent.  For example, in the boilerplate region, I need to display the project name of the parent object, not just its name.  The bid due date and time on the parent object needs to default in as the bid due date and time for the child object, etc.

Is there a way to accomplish this with JavaScript?  If we can't accomplish this, it would be a dealbreaker for us with SF.

Thank you.

• February 01, 2010