• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

Would like to get some basic guidance on when to use client side controllers and when to use server side controllers. For example - lets say there is a form and I am collecting input data into to insert into an Account object. And lets say I have to set some default values for few fields along with it. So it is better to set this value in client side controller or handle this in apex?
Also please do share any other links/docs on the best practises in general. Thanks
Hi,
Am trying to create a simple Bot from Einstein Bot Builder,As per the instructions created and configured but 
1. When i click on Train Bot getting below error "Looks like your training job didn’t complete. Try again."
2. Status should be success to connect Bot ?
3. Getting below error when we do preview from builder.
Please share your thoughts/ Links if any one configured successfully.
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

Reference :
https://www.salesforce.com/video/1756700/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9TbAkRNNa0

Thanks
Deepika

Lets say that on a page there are multiple custom components. Some of them bear a parent-child relationship, while some are placed directly on the page. So how should I use the spinner component? Do I need to have the markup of spinner component on every component?

I feel there should be only one spinner component, and that all the components should be able to call it in its controller. Might be inheritance concepts can be used.Please suggest, or provide a link for the sample code. 

Also how can I display a spinner component when the page loads for the first time?

As per Lightning developer guide, they recommend using the legacy aura:waiting, aura:doneWaiting, and aura:doneRendering
application events.
  • July 15, 2017
Hello Experts,

I want someone to put some light to teh new feature introduced by salesforce Named credential

My scenario is somethign like this:
1.I have a rest based webservice in target org which i am invoking through source org
2.I have created named credential in source org as shown below
User-added image
3. Further in my code that invokes the webservice i have written the below satatements:
HttpRequest req= new HttpRequest();

String reqBody='{"vEmail":"'+email+'",'+'"vSubject":"'+subject+'",'+'"vDate":"'+dt+'"}';
		req.setEndpoint('callout:ExternalPortalCreds');
		req.setMethod('POST');
		req.setBody(reqBody);
		Http http=new Http();
		HttpResponse res= http.send(req);

However this gives error as Session expired or invalid session id. How do i get the session id if i want to use named credential in my code?
Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Neha
Hi all, I am stuck on the prevent SOQL injection trailhead, where I am looking to determine which portions of the code I would need to invoke escapeSingleQuotes or whitelist to enable. I've made several attempts at investigation to little avail. I have appended my code are there any steps I would need to take. My goal is to assess the code to see how it works and what I would need to do.

Hope it helps.

public class Prevent_SOQL_Injection_Challenge {

public string textOne {get; set;}
    public string textTwo {get; set;}
    public string comparator {get; set;}
    public string numberOne {get; set;}

public List<Supply__c> whereclause_records {get; set;}

public PageReference stringSearchOne(){
        string query = 'SELECT Id,Name,Quantity__c,Storage_Location__c,Storage_Location__r.Castle__c,Type__c FROM Supply__c';
        string whereClause = '';

if(textOne != null && textOne!=''){
                whereClause += 'name like  \'%'+textOne+'%\' ';
        }

if(whereClause != ''){
            whereclause_records = database.query(query+' where '+whereClause+' Limit 10');
        }

return null;
    }

public PageReference stringSearchTwo(){
        string query = 'SELECT Id,Name,Quantity__c,Storage_Location__c,Storage_Location__r.Castle__c,Type__c FROM Supply__c';
        string whereClause = '';

if(textTwo != null && textTwo!=''){
                whereClause += 'Storage_Location__r.name like  \'%'+textTwo+'%\' ';
        }

if(whereClause != ''){
        }

return null;
    }

public PageReference numberSearchOne(){
        string whereClause = '';

if(numberOne != null && comparator != null){
            whereClause += 'Quantity__c '+comparator+' '+numberOne+' ';
        }

if(whereClause != ''){
        }

return null;
    }

}

Can anyone suggest where can I get scenario based questions for interviews of different SFDC concepts ?
Hi All
can you please share interview questions and different senarios which ask for experienced sfdc developers

Hello,

After following the below steps and clicking save, the action "send an email" in the Publisher section doesn't show in the case feed of one of the support process. Any suggestions? Thanks

From Setup, click Customize | Cases | Page Layouts.
How you access the Case Feed Settings page depends on what kind of page layout you’re working with.

For a layout in the Case Page Layouts section, click Edit, and then click Feed View in the page layout editor.
For a layout in the Page Layouts for Case Feed Users section, click  [Case feed layout expand button]  and choose  Edit feed view. (This section appears only for organizations created before Spring ’14.)

Select Use Page Layout Editor to Configure Actions.
Click Save.
To access the page layout editor:

For a layout in the Case Page Layouts section, click Edit.
For a layout in the Page Layouts for Case Feed Users section, click  [Case feed layout expand button]  and choose Edit detail view. (This section appears only for organizations created before Spring ’14.)

In the page layout editor, click  [page layout editor change tool]  in the Actions in the Publisher section.
In the palette, click Actions.
Drag the actions you want to the Actions in the Publisher section. You can also drag actions to change the order in which they appear, and can drag off actions you don’t want. 
On the Case Feed page, up to approximately five or six actions are displayed in the publisher; the rest are included in the More drop-down list.
Click Save.

i am trying to fetch fields from a aggregteresult but it is giving me error :Invalid field Time_Account_Mapping__c for SObject AggregateResult

Time__c tes = [select Time_Account_Mapping__c from Time__c order by LastModifiedById desc limit 1];

AggregateResult obj = [Select Time_Account_Mapping__c,sum(Hours__c) from time__c group by Time_Account_Mapping__c having Time_Account_Mapping__c in (:tes.Time_Account_Mapping__c)];

Account ppla = new Account();
        ppla.id = obj.Time_Account_Mapping__c;
        ppla.Total_Client_Hour__c=obj.sum(Hours__c);
    //    ppla.Total_Client_Hour__c = test.Unknown_Field__1;
        update ppla;
Help me out here.
Thanks
Hi Experts,

Im learning salesforce admin, i would like to expertise my self as well for preparing the interveriew for configuration ,so im looking for the scenario based questions on admin part, kindly help me out.Thanks in advance 

Regars,
Aditya

Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone had run into a need to programmatically accept a shared record ( via Salesforce to Salesforce ), avoiding the manual accept. Example of this is when I need to share an account with related opportunities, but opportunities have multiple lookups and are not auto accepted on the receiving org. I need to be able to auto-accept these programmatically and then re-map the lookups ( the re-mapping is a different matter which I am not concerned about ). The bottom line is: can records forwarded from a source org, which are not auto-accepted on target org, be programmatically accepted?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• July 24, 2013

Hi all,

Im newbie in force.com, and i have a question, my question is that: i want to export list of object into CSV file using Apex. So please help me how to do this?

Thanks,