• Member since 2017
  • Mr.

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
So maybe I'm missing something here, but I was working through the Create and Customize List Views section of the Lightning Experience Customization and the Challenge section is missing. I tried logging out, then back in and checked several browsers with no luck. Anyone else experience this problem. Here's a screenshot:
User-added image
Hello:

I am going through the trailhead in the following area:
  • Admin Intermediate
  • Formulas and Validations
  • Creating Validation Rules
I have completed the reading and created the validation rule.  

Formulas can be created in many different ways.  However based on the work instructions, I created the formula as this:

Challenge Exercise Question:

To complete this challenge, add a validation rule which will block the insertion of a contact if the contact is related to an account and has a mailing postal code (which has the API Name MailingPostalCode) different from the account's shipping postal code (which has the API Name ShippingPostalCode).
  • Name the validation rule 'Contact must be in Account ZIP Code'.
  • A contact with a MailingPostalCode that has an account and does not match the associated Account ShippingPostalCode should return with a validation error and not be inserted.
  • The validation rule should ONLY apply to contact records with an associated account. Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MailingPostalCode value. (Hint: you can use the ISBLANK function for this check)
My Answer

AND( 
ISBLANK(MailingPostalCode) = FALSE, 
ISBLANK(Account.Name) = FALSE, 
Account.ShippingPostalCode <> MailingPostalCode 
)

User-added image
I tested it using the following cases:
  • Created a contact, linked it to an account (with a postal code), duplicated the postal code value in the required field in the contact object
    • The result:  The contact record was not allowed to be added and the message error appeared
  • Created a contact, did not link it to an account, created the contact and added a postal value in the required field
    • The result: The contact record was allowed to be created
Based on the testng, the formula works as indicated.  Can someone validate this or can I be pointed out what I did incorrectly.

Regards,

- Mike
Hello,

In the Admin Advanced --> Advanced Formulas --> Using Picklists in Formulas module, the challenge requirment is as follows:

"Create a validation rule formula that does not allow a user to mark a case as escalated unless the priority is set to 'High', the case was not Closed when Created, and the case isn’t closed."

I am setting up a valid formula (did a bunch of tests on Case object so I'm sure it is valid and I'm not going to post it here to let this remain as a challenge). I am using four fields, which are IsClosed, IsClosedOnCreate, Priority and Status, as understood from the challenge description.

However, checking the challenge gives me this error. Apparently, despite the description, we gotta use IsEscalated field instead of IsClosed:
User-added image

After I change IsClosed field with IsEscalated in the formula, I get this error:
User-added image

I am reproducing this scenario in a Case record and validation rule triggers.

Did anyone manage to pass this challenge? If not, could the Trailhead Dev Team have a look at wording of this challenge please? 

Thanks in advance.