• 10 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm new to apex trigger so bear with me. I have Account and a custom object (InvsetigationContact). On the custom object I created a text field call CheckID that I want to use it for duplicate checking. I want to create the Before Trigger to filling in with combine of First+last Name + ContactID from the Account. 

Not sure how to get started. Please help. 

I created a custom button to launch a url, however the browser's popup blocker url from launching. 
How do I get around this? I don't want to disable popup blocker for other safety. 

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/32.0/connection.js")};

var p;
p = "You've been logged in to Accurint 1.  Please remember to log out when you're finished.";
alert(p);

var updateRecords= [];

var o = new sforce.SObject("Research_Tools__c");
o.id = "{!Research_Tools__c.Id}";
o.User_1__c ="{!User.Name}";
o.Logged_in_1__c = "{!Today}";

updateRecords.push(o);
result = sforce.connection.update(updateRecords);

window.location.reload();
window.open("https://secure.accurint.com/app/bps/main/");
When users click on button, I want to it to launch an url in a new tab and populate the user's name on the a field call User_1__c and the current datetime on Logged_in_1__c. Object call Research_tools__c.

Please help!
I have two fields I want to reset the value when user click on it. Object api: Research_Tools__c

User_1__c
Logged_in_1__c

I have two date fields called Date Sued. One in Opportunity and one in a Custon Object called Case. All I need is to show the Date Sued on the Opportunity page if someone enter Date Sued on the Case page. I would like to be able to edit the date on the case page. I tried a formula on the Opportunity page but it's blank. Looks like Workflow would work. Please someone help. Thanks! 

I'm new to apex trigger so bear with me. I have Account and a custom object (InvsetigationContact). On the custom object I created a text field call CheckID that I want to use it for duplicate checking. I want to create the Before Trigger to filling in with combine of First+last Name + ContactID from the Account. 

Not sure how to get started. Please help. 

I created a custom button to launch a url, however the browser's popup blocker url from launching. 
How do I get around this? I don't want to disable popup blocker for other safety. 

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/32.0/connection.js")};

var p;
p = "You've been logged in to Accurint 1.  Please remember to log out when you're finished.";
alert(p);

var updateRecords= [];

var o = new sforce.SObject("Research_Tools__c");
o.id = "{!Research_Tools__c.Id}";
o.User_1__c ="{!User.Name}";
o.Logged_in_1__c = "{!Today}";

updateRecords.push(o);
result = sforce.connection.update(updateRecords);

window.location.reload();
window.open("https://secure.accurint.com/app/bps/main/");
When users click on button, I want to it to launch an url in a new tab and populate the user's name on the a field call User_1__c and the current datetime on Logged_in_1__c. Object call Research_tools__c.

Please help!
I have two fields I want to reset the value when user click on it. Object api: Research_Tools__c

User_1__c
Logged_in_1__c

Hey,

I need to restrict the user from entrying any duplicate values in the database. I have a Members Object. It has an auto text field and and a member name lookup field which is related to User Object. I don't want any one to pick and add any user from the look field which is already there in my Members list. 

So I have not been able to add this rule to my object. I don't want to use any triggeers for this. Validation rules had not enabled to me do this so far. I also tried to add a filter criteria to the lookup filter. It is not letting me compare the values of Current Lookup Member Name field to Current Record Member Name field. 

Could anyone please suggest any workaround for this ?