• 400 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
one more thing , if i have a stock object in one custom object and if stock is 0 then available checkbox should become false otherwise it should be true... How it can be done , whether by validation rules or workflow rules???
I want to trigger a WF if a lookup contact field is blank in a record. There are a few other conditions as well. THe start transaction (date field), buyer selling agent and listing agent (both lookup contact fields) must not be blank and it has to be broker represenation Seller or Double sided which are picklist values both, I get an Extra , error when checking the syntax 

AND( 
NOT(ISBLANK(Start_Transaction__c)), 
NOT(ISBLANK(Buyer_Selling_Agent__c)), 
NOT(ISBLANK(Listing_Agent__c )), 
ISBLANK(Title_Contact__c)),

OR(

ISPICKVAL( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c, "SELLER"),

ISPICKVAL( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c,  "Double sided"))
 The logic is when we create Customer Project(Custom obj) for an Opportunity(Standard obj) with the Status=Active(Picklist value), then Active Customer project check box on the Opportunity detail page is automatically checked.
wherein there is lookup between Customer Project and Opportunity..!

how to write avlidation rule for these ..please help

if book price is greater than 500 then Author name and his date of birth is mandatory
Hi Experts,
What will be the test class for following trigger?

trigger UpdateSADeclined on Task (before insert,before update) {

for(Task x: Trigger.new)

If (x.Declined_by__c!=null || x.Date_Time_Declined__c!=null || x.Declined_Reason__c!=null)
 { 

x.SA_Declined__c=true;

else
 { x.SA_Declined__c=false;

}
 }
 }

Please help.
Hi All,

In my org I have three object obj1, obj2, obj3 and obj2 is junction object between obj1 and obj3. My requirement is i want a rollup summary field on obj1 which will calculate the minimim value of related obj3 field. 

Please help me how shalll i proceed in this case. Thanks

BEst Regards,
Mohammad Yaseen
trigger UpdateSA on Task (before insert,before update)
 { for(Task t: Trigger.new)
    {  If (t.Date_Time_Denied__c == null ||    t.Declined_By__c == null)
        {
           t.SA_Denied__c = true;
        } else
            {            
               t.SA_Denied__c = false;  
      }  
    }
    Test class for this?
The challenge calls for adding a new section, but the module info above doesn't use the word "section" very much? 
How am I supposed to interpret the confusing challenge below?  I don't any button called something like "add new section".  Now what?

Add a new section to the contact layout.
To pass this challenge, add a new section 'Phone Numbers' to the default 'Contact Layout'. Add the Phone, Mobile, Home Phone, Other Phone, and Fax fields to this new section.

The 'Contact layout' Page Layout should have a new section named 'Phone Numbers'.
The 'Phone Numbers' section should include the 'Phone', 'Mobile', 'Home Phone', 'Other Phone', and 'Fax' fields.
Hello Developers....I have a task where Account amount field to be updated based on opportunity amount field. I have total value field in account and for its related opportunity, if we enter amount for those opportnities automatically the total value field in the account should be updated. I need to write a trigger for that. Can anyone help me with this task...
Thanks in advance
Sumanth kumar
Hello Team,
Greetings!! 
I am relatively new to salesforce. I am using a Developer edition.  I am trying to set the Permissions for Reports and Dashboards but I am  not able to locate the “Folder Sharing ” option .I searched through Quick Find box , looked through various options but still I am not able to find it.
Searched via Setup|Customize|reports and Dashboards & found only the below 4 options
Reports and Dashboards Settings
Historical Trending
Report Notifications
Access Policies
Tried to check the profile permissions but did not find any option to check regarding the sharing options

Could any one please suggest ?
Hello Developers

I am writing trigger in which it stops user to create a lead record if he/she enters more than 100 records per day.

trigger: currently i am doing it on two records since it's easy to test.:)  but however, trigger is not getting fired and it allows me to create more than 2 opportunities per day.

Trigger NoMoreThan100LeadsPerDayPerUser On Lead(Before Insert){
    // We need to write a trigger so there should be no more then 100 leads per day per user.
    // In other words one user can only create no more than 100 leads per day.
    Id userId;

If(Trigger.IsInsert){
        For(Lead Ld: Trigger.New)
        {
            userId = Ld.OwnerID;
            List<Lead> TodaysLead = [Select ID FROM Lead 
                                        WHERE CreatedDate = :Date.Today() AND OwnerID = :UserId LIMIT 3];

If(TodaysLead.size() > 2)
            {
                Ld.addError('You have rich the limit for creating a leads for today.');
            }
        }
    }
}

Thank you for the help!
Hi, I have 2 custom objects...

1. Renewal (Renewal__c)
2. Module (Module__c)

I have used Lookup relationship between the 2 objects - Module Custom object is listed as the Related lists under Renewal object. I'm unable to use Master Detail relationship as i do not want the Master record to be deleted when a child is deleted.

Module custom object (Module__c) has a field called Price_with_Tax__c and
Renewal object has a field called Total_Amount_Modules__c.

Module will have multiple records added. I need to sum the total of Price_with_Tax__c field and store it in the Total_Amount_Modules__c field.

I found few samples for Opportunity object. I tried but couldnt get it to work. Can anyone help me with a sample trigger for this case ?

Thank you
  • April 14, 2017
Hi,

I have two custom fields on Lead Object. One is a lookup to Account and the other is a lookup to Contact. Whenever a user selects an Account on the account lookup field, the contact lookup field should only display the related contacts for the selected account. This is all done is Lightning. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Satya
 I am getting this error
Compile Error: Field is not writeable: Lead.Owner at line 7 column 16
I have a trigger that needs to fire on before insert, after insert, before update and after update conditions -
 - Each invokes a different class method.
 - The before triggers (insert and update) fire on the affected record(s)
 - The after triggers (insert and update) fire on record(s) of a different object

There is also workflows that perform field updates.  But only want the update triggers to fire for existing records. 

The solutions I've seen (thus far) would work for a "before insert" vs "before update" condition, and similarly work for an "after insert" vs "after update" condition.

How do I prevent the before update and after update triggers from firing on an insert record?
Keep in mind, if the before update trigger (correctly) fires, I DO want the after update trigger to also fire.

Thanks for any strategies / guidance.
Hi all,

unfortunately I couldn't find any possible workaround to this:

our client would like to get tracked every possible detail about the email sent to their students, that means, who was the recipient, who was the sender, body content of the email.

I know this can be done with the method singleMail.setSaveAsActivity(true) if you use apex.

As I would like to avoid to use too much code and send the emails via a workflow or process builder, I was wondering if what the setSaveAsActivity does, is possible with a workflow or a process via process builder.

I would appreciate your answers. This is pretty urgent as we have to finish this task soon and we don't have any developers as ressources at the moment :( (HELP NEEDED, GUYS).
one more thing , if i have a stock object in one custom object and if stock is 0 then available checkbox should become false otherwise it should be true... How it can be done , whether by validation rules or workflow rules???
I have a couple of processes to bring over info from one object to another and then from that object to a last one. Object 1, 2 and 3

First process is set that if Object 1 is not null, then certain fields are brough over thru a Reference to object 2. Then Object 3 has another process to bring that info from object 2 to 3. 

I tried editing object 2 and it won't let me, after saving the info reverts to whatever was on object 1. I thought that process allowed you to make changes to the fields. Second, the changes to object 2 DO reflect in object 3. So for example

Object 1 - Field value is set to 32
Object 2 - Field Value is set to 32
Object 3 - Field value is set to 32

Then I make a change in objectg 2 the new value is 55
Object 2 does not  change, after saving it still shows 32

However object 3 is now showing a value of 55

If I change object 1 to 55 - then all 3 change

What I want to do is be able to change object 2 and have the value that we want there. How can I edit the process so that it shows that? 

I am trying to get text value from a custom object to appear on the Opportunity record.  I have created a look-up relationship on the Opportunity that relates to the Custom Object below...

Lookup- Relationship:

Look-up on Opportunity to Custom Object "Search Name"

Custom Object:

Search Name Custom Object

Then I created a formula on the Opportunity that relates to the Custom Object's field "Name" below...

Formula for Name on Opportunity

Any idea why the formula field shows as blank?  I have verified the field is populated with data.

Thank you!

- Jason

Hi everyone, so I am developing an application in a developer organization which sends emails through POST requests to an external API. Back in February or so I was able to send Salesforce Documents as attachments in my requests which would arrive at a recipient's inbox as an attachment which was expected. Now however whenever I send a Document as an attachment in my requests the Document seems to drop off of the request even though in Debug logs it shows all of the necessary content, image below:

Salesforce Debug Request Log

I checked the Base64 conversion string and it does convert back into a pdf with the expected content. I am at a loss at this point as to why the Documents no longer send out in the email POST requests and was wondering if anything has been changed to Developer Organizations that limit this type of functionality or if something else could be wrong.
Hello Everyone,

I would kike to know few of the answers to the below questions, 
1. There are two fields, if the user populate two field values if we combine those values uniqueness should be maintained, how to achieve this without coding?

2.There are two workflow rules on the same object say namely wf1 and wf2. If wf1 fires then a field will be updated on the same object, if the field updated and due to this wf2 criteria meets then what will happen, wf2 will fire or not?

3. How many maximum groupings we can do for summary, matrix and join reports?

Thanks in advance!!
I want to trigger a WF if a lookup contact field is blank in a record. There are a few other conditions as well. THe start transaction (date field), buyer selling agent and listing agent (both lookup contact fields) must not be blank and it has to be broker represenation Seller or Double sided which are picklist values both, I get an Extra , error when checking the syntax 

AND( 
NOT(ISBLANK(Start_Transaction__c)), 
ISBLANK(Title_Contact__c)),

OR(

ISPICKVAL( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c, "SELLER"),

ISPICKVAL( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c,  "Double sided"))
Hello,
I need a help on having a conga custom button on Opportunity that would grab only quotelineitems from PRIMARY quote and put them in a pdf. I have query to pull the quote line items but need help on writing that soql query in the button.

Thanks,
GR
Hello, 

I want to setup a rule that if a picklist value has not been selected that the WF triggers. I can't get it to work as I'm not sure how to add the picklist value = blank to the formula, used isnull, isblank and they came with errors. The picklist is called buyer using grants in bold below

AND( 
NOT(ISBLANK(Lender_Company_Contact__c )), 
NOT(ISBLANK( Appraisal_Date_Time__c )), 
OR( 
TEXT (isnull (Buyer_Using_Grants__c) 

OR( 

TEXT ( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c ) = "SELLER", 

TEXT( rethink3__Broker_Representation__c ) = "Double sided"))

Dear All,
In my Quote object, i have a related list called " Named Driver" , as per below,
I want to create a field in Quote, which will show me the youngest driver i.e in this case 21. If less one say 18 added later, it will change to 18.  Can you plz suggest how to create such field, It would be a look up or text ( if text should be a hyperlink) to go inside the record.
Or if apex trigger needed, any sample code writing suggestions.
Thnx

User-added image