• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
i All,

How can I retrieve this variable via soql?
CreatedBy.Profile.Name  

// we code the profile name as createBy.ProfileName

IF(CONTAINS(CreatedBy.Profile.Name, "Community"),"Community Programs",IF(CONTAINS(CreatedBy.Profile.Name, "Admissions"),"Admissions",IF(CONTAINS(CreatedBy.Profile.Name, "Transition"),"Transitions",IF(CONTAINS(CreatedBy.Profile.Name, "Marketing"),"Marketing",IF(CONTAINS(CreatedBy.Profile.Name, "Admin"),"Technology","Other")))))
i used
soql (select description from recordtype)

result should be (1. a family member of a student 2. a student and potential studens 3. not a student account,)  but instead in developer console it gives me result of credit card names, banks names, do you know i need to edit some editing on this query?

Thx  
Hi All,

I am trying to query through this topic:  trying to get  student names (contact ),  students' parent name (related contact), and the student's parent's mailing state (related contact).

I have difficulties find the relationship between contact, and related contact,  may I get some helps on this query?
When I click a contact,  There is a relationship field (see picture) , has relationship number , related contact, when I clicked on the related contact's name, for instance 'Paul',  'Paul''s contact information will show up, and I can see his mailing information.

Please help!

Thank you so much

TUser-added image

i am trying to do soql on task table:

according to the task from salesforce, according to the picture i posted, how can I retrieve 

attribute "name" and "related to" >?

thank you!User-added image

hi all,

where can i find each  attribute/variables for every table for soql queries?

Thx

when i  do this query
SELECT  campaign.name, FirstNaUser-added imageme,   LastName, HasResponded , contact.owner.name FROM CampaignMember 

//
the result  on  contact.owner.name    's value   shows     [object object]   , how to retrieve the information of  [object object]  ?

1.   I was trying to do the soql code for 

select contact.name from task
or select contact__r.name from  Task__C

both do not work

contact and task are having relatinoship of parent to child
-----------------------

2.   I am trying to code soql in order to get the information that:

get name for each task : (task1. name= John, Smith   ,  Task2.name = John, Smith)   --Name in the Task can appear more than once since there are many task of same person

may I get help from You?
Thanks

Tim
Hi ,

How to custimize/define  parent / child relationship tables  for ones that or not  defined by salesforce?

How to utilize  __c  and __r?

Thanks

I was trying to do the join statment (on task,contact) , but it is not working, do you know how to fix it?
SELECT   Owner.Name, Task.WhoId FROM Task, contact where task.id = contact.id
Sorry I am new to SOSQL, does SOSQL let us do  join statement like  ... from x,y where x.id = y.id?

Also i can not do select statement from nested select like : select x  from (select x, y from z) as table1, does sosql allow this kind of query?

Thank you!
HI All,  I am trying to figure out how to query via
contact, and contact, accoun table.

I am guessing that task is a child of account ?
SELECT  account.id, Task.whoid FROM Task    - it works

SELECT  account.id, (select task.whoid from Account.task) from account   -why does this not work?

i am trying to do soql on task table:

according to the task from salesforce, according to the picture i posted, how can I retrieve 

attribute "name" and "related to" >?

thank you!User-added image

hi all,

where can i find each  attribute/variables for every table for soql queries?

Thx

I was trying to do the join statment (on task,contact) , but it is not working, do you know how to fix it?
SELECT   Owner.Name, Task.WhoId FROM Task, contact where task.id = contact.id
Sorry I am new to SOSQL, does SOSQL let us do  join statement like  ... from x,y where x.id = y.id?

Also i can not do select statement from nested select like : select x  from (select x, y from z) as table1, does sosql allow this kind of query?

Thank you!