• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi!

We have a few fields on the Opportunity-Product layout (when adding and editing products on opportunities).
The layout in Lightning is very time consuming for us as we always have to scroll to fill out all fields and never get to see the big picture (all fields at the same time).
Is there a way to play with that pop-up layout? I'm thinking if we could play with the colomns width, we could shrick Quantity and Discount to make it fit on a single page view.

User-added image
Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Hi,

We have a button on the Opportunity object (Opportunity Action) to create a new proposal.
I need the fields on this proposal creation from the prepopulate (values taken from the opportunity values).
Ex: Proposal language is entered by the sales guys on the opportunity, and should be prepopulate when creating new proposal with that button.

I used the "Predefined Field Values" for some fields... but really need some other field to be the same as what is on the OP (not predefined).

Any work around? If it involves coding please give as much details as you can on the stpes to take, as I'm not a developer. 
Thanks!!
Hi,

We currently have a VF email template that goes out based on a Apex trigger that is working fine.
I cloned that email template and removed some unecessary fields to create a new email alert that would be released as part of a Proposal Acceptance Process.
When I test the e-mail template "send test to verify merged files" it works perfectly. When the e-mail is sent through the Approval process, no field at all is beeing merged.

The e-mail is currently being send only to me (no field view restriction) and also it is not calling any fields that have a field update action as part of this aproval process.

Fields are related to the OP and Proposal.

Any thoughts on that? 

Thanks!

E-mail Template:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proposal Release Full Info

<messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="user"
    relatedToType="Opportunity"
    subject="Proposal released for Opportunity {!relatedTo.Opportunity_number__c} {!relatedTo.name}">

<messaging:htmlEmailBody >        
    <html>
        <body>

<font face="arial">

<p>The following Proposal has been released.</p>

<br/>Opportunity Name: <b><a href="https://na13.salesforce.com/{!relatedTo.Id}">{!relatedTo.Name}</a></b>
            <br/>Account Name: <b><a href="https://na13.salesforce.com/{!relatedTo.Account.Id}">{!relatedTo.Account.name}</a></b>
            <br/>Opportunity Owner: <b>{!relatedTo.owner.name}</b>
            <br/>Territory: <b>{!relatedTo.Territory_Label__c}</b>
            <br/>
            <br/>Opportunity Amount: <b>{!relatedTo.Currency_Sign__c} <apex:outputText value="{0, number, ###,###.00}"><apex:param value="{!ROUND(relatedTo.Amount,0)}" /></apex:outputText> {!relatedTo.CurrencyIsoCode}</b>
            <br/>Opportunity Number: <b>{!relatedTo.Opportunity_number__c}</b>
            <br/>Proposal Number: <b>{!relatedTo.Proposal_Number__r.Name}</b>

<br/>
            <br/>

<p/>                  

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" >

<tr style=""> 
                    <th style="font-family:arial, sans-serif; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; color: #FFF; border-color: black;background-color: black;">Product Name</th>
                    <th style="font-family:arial, sans-serif; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; color: #FFF; border-color: black;background-color: black;">Description</th>
                    <th style="font-family:arial, sans-serif; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; color: #FFF; border-color: black;background-color: black;">Engagement Type</th>
                    <th style="font-family:arial, sans-serif; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; color: #FFF; border-color: black;background-color: black;">Total Price</th>
                    <th style="font-family:arial, sans-serif; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; color: #FFF; border-color: black;background-color: black;">Internal Price</th>
                    <th style="font-family:arial, sans-serif; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; color: #FFF; border-color: black;background-color: black;">Product Line</th>
                </tr>

<apex:repeat var="opp" value="{!relatedTo.OpportunityLineItems}">
                   <tr>
                       <!-- <td><a href="https://na1-blitz01.soma.salesforce.com/{!opp.id}">View</a> |   -->
                       <!-- <a href="https://na1-blitz01.soma.salesforce.com/{!opp.id}/e">Edit</a></td> -->
                       <td style= "font-family:arial, sans-serif; border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;border-color: black;">{!opp.PricebookEntry.Product2.Name}</td>
                       <td style= "font-family:arial, sans-serif; border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;border-color: black;">{!opp.Description}</td>
                       <td style= "font-family:arial, sans-serif; border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;border-color: black;">{!opp.Engagement_type__c}</td>
                       <td style= "font-family:arial, sans-serif; border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;border-color: black;">{!relatedTo.Currency_Sign__c}<apex:outputText value="{0, number, ###,###}"><apex:param value="{!ROUND(opp.TotalPrice,0)}" /></apex:outputText></td>
                       <td style= "font-family:arial, sans-serif; border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;border-color: black;">{!relatedTo.Currency_Sign__c}<apex:outputText value="{0, number, ###,###}"><apex:param value="{!ROUND(opp.Internal_Price__c,0)}" /></apex:outputText></td>
                       <td style= "font-family:arial, sans-serif; border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;border-color: black;">{!opp.PricebookEntry.Product2.Product_Line__c}</td>
                   </tr>
                </apex:repeat>                 

</table>
           <p/>
    </font>

</body>
    </html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody> 
</messaging:emailTemplate>
Hi,

I have an e-mail template made from VF (which I'm not familiar with).
Email is calling out a few field in Account and OP, and I wnat to add the Territory (we use Territory management)
- Territory shows under Account and as a look-up field under OP.

Example of working piece of code:
<br/>Account Name: <b><a href="https://na13.salesforce.com/{!relatedTo.Account.Id}">{!relatedTo.Account.name}</a></b>

Not working:
 <br/>OP Territory: <b><a href="https://na13.salesforce.com/{!relatedTo.Account.Id}">{!relatedTo.Territory}</a></b>

I guess it is not working because it is not a normal field... but how could I call it out?
I tried to call it from the OP too, but not better.

The error I get is: Error: Invalid field Territory for SObject Opportunity

Thanks!
Hi,

We have a button on the Opportunity object (Opportunity Action) to create a new proposal.
I need the fields on this proposal creation from the prepopulate (values taken from the opportunity values).
Ex: Proposal language is entered by the sales guys on the opportunity, and should be prepopulate when creating new proposal with that button.

I used the "Predefined Field Values" for some fields... but really need some other field to be the same as what is on the OP (not predefined).

Any work around? If it involves coding please give as much details as you can on the stpes to take, as I'm not a developer. 
Thanks!!
Hi I am looking for a easy way to print or export a large Field Dependency matrix in excel. I am new to saleforce please guide me with complete details.
  • January 30, 2014