• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are migrating from a Partner Portal to a Community, and from legacy Gold Partner (GP) licenses to Customer Community Plus (CCP) licenses. User X is a CCP user attached to an Account with a bunch of other GP users.

When X logs into the Community, she can see the Contacts she is supposed to see in the list view, but when she clicks on any Contact, she gets an "Insufficient Privileges" error.

I loaded up one of the Contacts she is supposed to be able to access, and clicked Sharing -> Expand List. I verified that User X appears in the list of users who have access to the Contact. That is because User X is in a Group with the owner of the Contact, and a sharing rule was created that shares Contacts owned by anyone in the group with the rest of the group. Note that the owner of the Contact is a GP User.

External Sharing is enabled. Default Internal/External access on Contacts is set to Private. "Grant Access to Hierarchies" is also checked.

So: the Sharing list says that the Contact is visible to the user, but User X still gets Insufficient Privileges. The GP users see Contacts just fine, regardless of whether they are logged into the Community or the Portal. This might be related to this issue: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008YZgAAM but that issue is marked as Fixed, meaning that if permissions are correctly set up (as I believe they are in my case), the User should see Contacts just fine, so I'm stuck.

Thanks for your help.
We are migrating from a Partner Portal to a Community, and from legacy Gold Partner (GP) licenses to Customer Community Plus (CCP) licenses. User X is a CCP user attached to an Account with a bunch of other GP users.

When X logs into the Community, she can see the Contacts she is supposed to see in the list view, but when she clicks on any Contact, she gets an "Insufficient Privileges" error.

I loaded up one of the Contacts she is supposed to be able to access, and clicked Sharing -> Expand List. I verified that User X appears in the list of users who have access to the Contact. That is because User X is in a Group with the owner of the Contact, and a sharing rule was created that shares Contacts owned by anyone in the group with the rest of the group. Note that the owner of the Contact is a GP User.

External Sharing is enabled. Default Internal/External access on Contacts is set to Private. "Grant Access to Hierarchies" is also checked.

So: the Sharing list says that the Contact is visible to the user, but User X still gets Insufficient Privileges. The GP users see Contacts just fine, regardless of whether they are logged into the Community or the Portal. This might be related to this issue: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008YZgAAM but that issue is marked as Fixed, meaning that if permissions are correctly set up (as I believe they are in my case), the User should see Contacts just fine, so I'm stuck.

Thanks for your help.

Hi All,

I have created a Record Type for Opportunities. I have decided against using a Record Type so I now want to delete it.

I clicked Del and it lists the profiles that are using the RT. I have edited each profile, resetting the Record Type back to Master.

This works except for Standard Platform User. This profile does not have an option to set the RT for the Opportunities object. Opportunities is not listed at all for this profile.

I am now stuck with an unwanted RT. I can't delete it as SF says the profile is using it as the default.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

- Andy

<types>
        <members>*</members>
        <name>Profile</name>
    </types>
 <types>
        <members>*</members>
        <name>ConnectedApp</name>
    </types>
in package.xml just pulls the connected app configuration, the .profile files do not have a mention of the connected app even when the app is assigned to the profile, what tag to use to pull connected app profile permissions using package.xml 
  • January 18, 2016
Hi all,

I've been stuck on this for a while, so I'm finally asking for help - issue is similar to this one:
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F000000094yFIAQ

I have a Visualforce page that uses the standard Event controller.  I overrode the "New Event" button to direct to this Visualforce page.  I'm having trouble pre-populating certain fields on that page.

For example, {!Event.whoID} is passed in the button URL and pre-populates the appropriate field by default.  I want to pass the User ID too and populate the Assigned To field, but I can't get it to work.  The default New Event page (which uses the same standard Event controller) populates the Assigned To field automatically, and without any additions in the URL... what am I missing?  Does my VF page need a controller extension?  If so, can anyone give pointers on what that needs to look like?

I assume I need to A) include whatever IDs I want populated in a custom button URL, and simultaneously B) build a controller extension that tells my VF page to pull the values out of the URL and load them in my input fields.  But all my attempts to implement this setup so far have failed.

Any pointers will be greatly, greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your help!

VF page snippet:
<apex:page standardController="Event" showHeader="true" sidebar="true">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="Log A Call"/>
    <apex:form id="pageForm">
        <apex:pageBlock title="Call Edit" mode="edit">
            <apex:pageBlockButtons location="both">
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" id="saveButton"/>
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" />
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <br />
            <apex:pageBlockSection title="Owner" columns="2" collapsible="false">
                <apex:inputField value="{!Event.ownerID}" label="Who took the call?" style="width:200px;height:15px;" />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Event.StartDateTime}" label="Start" />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Event.Subject}" label="Subject" />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Event.EndDateTime}" label="End" />
                <apex:inputField label="Person" value="{!Event.whoID}" style="width:300px;height:20px;" />
                </apex:pageBlockSection>
                </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Current button URL (owner ID to be added):
https://c.cs8.visual.force.com/apex/NewLogCall?who_id=XXXX&retURL=%XXXX&sfdc.override=1

Assuming a controller extension that looks something like:
public class callExtension {
    public callExtension(ApexPages.StandardController stdController){
    public Event getEvent(){
        if(event == null) event = new Event();
        event.ownerid = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('ownerID');
        return event;
        }
    }
}

Thanks again!

Andrew