• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello Trailhead Community, 

I've read this post many times and followed similar code executions from previous posters. 
I've refreshed the developer instance and completely relauched Trailhead and Dev Consoles. 

I'm still getting failed notificaiton: 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find the contact's name in the debug log. Be sure to run a query for your record, and to write your contact's name to the debug log using the System.debug() method.

Here is my code:

User-added image

Results: 

User-added image

Anyone have any thoughts, please contact me directly if your SFDC employee. 

Thank you!!

Hello Developers, 
I started at SFDC on August 7th and have no developer experience. I'm working through "Visual Basics", spefically "Use Standard Controllers" and I've run into an obstacle and have yet to over come it. 

Here is where I am stuck: 

Display Data from a Single Record

Add the standard controller for accounts to the page, and then reference account fields to display a record’s data.
Follow these steps to create a page that shows an account summary.
At the beginning of your page markup, inside the <apex:page> tag, add the following attribute.
1standardController="Account"

When you save the page now, the preview page will reload as before, except this time the standard controller for accounts is active. When the page loads, the standard controller parses the parameters in the URL, finds the idparameter, and uses its value to retrieve a record and make it available to the page. You can’t see it yet, but it’s there.
In the body of the page, add the following markup.
1Name: {! Account.name }

Boom. Now you can see that the record is being retrieved! You should see the name of the account that has the record ID that you added to the URL.
Replace the single line with the account name with the following markup. 

Here is my code: 
<apex:page standardController="Account">

Name: {! Account.Name }

</apex:page>   

but when I "preview" all I see is: "Name:" in the developers preview windows. Am I supposed to see the account I'm working with? In my case, the account is Burlington Textiles Corp of America. 

This sounds too simple to create a problem. 

PS. I'm also seeking a VF mentor, over time, I'd like to create a VF page with all my Internal/external development, education, and successes at SFDC for employee review purposes. 

Thank you, 

Zach 

I've done all the steps correctly and I can see all that I've done. Yet, I am getting the error message below:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The field 'Target_Close_Date__c' either does not exists on the Offer__c object or it is not of type date.

Help!

I am on the Hands On Challenge for this trail on Reports & Dashboard. The final step of the challenge is to "Post a snapshot of the 'Opptys by Type' dashboard component to Dashboard Chatter feed". I have enabled Feed Tracking and have selected the "Select the Enable Dashboard Components Box." I am not getting the option to display a hover menu which would allow me to "Post Snapchat to Dash Feed". I have only successfuly been able to share my dashboard to Chatter by using Lightening Mode, zooming in the Dashboard, and sharing it to my followers manually. This is the last traiI needed to complete my Reports & Dashboard Superpadge. How can I share my Dashboard to Chatter if I am able to get a hover menu?