• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
As the title. 
Given window. in JS cannot be used now in Lightning, can we still use document.getElementById() in Lightning? Thanks in advance. 
As title.
I am planning to switch from classic to Lightning. In the report, it says in Lightning, window is no longer supported, and the suggestion is to use sforce.one to navigate around. 
However, I have a variable like:
var name = window.name;
I cannot find proper document to use sforce.one to get current window's name so that my var name can still be used. 

Any suggestion? 
Thanks!

I want to insert a value generated from javascript to visualforce page, but it does not work. Here's my sample code (my real task is to do some calculation in <script>, so I simply cannot tape in apex tag directly):
<apex:page controller="CAReportAvgFine" >

<apex:sectionheader title="Compliance Advisory Report" subtitle="Saved Penalty"/>

<apex:outputText id="fine"> 76534</apex:outputText>
  <script>

document.getElementByID("{!$Component.fine}").innerHTML= "8965478" ;
  </script>

<style></style>
</apex:page>

Could anyone help?

I know a lot answers are using javascript as a static file... but I still want to use it here within this page. 

Thank you! 

So what I am looking for is to embed a report into a visualforce page : it should be able to updated as a report as well;
And below the report, I'd like to have an area, where I can pull some of the information out from the report, and calculate with my own function.
(I cannot do so in report because I have more than 5 functions to calculate)
Any smart and sharp way to do so?
(I've been trying to create a page without report embeded and it's somehow painful)

Thank you!
I am using Eclipse Mars.2, and Java 7
Error Log in Eclipse
Runtime Error message

Our Support Desk did not see any issues with our network.. Can anyone help? Thank you!
As title.
I am planning to switch from classic to Lightning. In the report, it says in Lightning, window is no longer supported, and the suggestion is to use sforce.one to navigate around. 
However, I have a variable like:
var name = window.name;
I cannot find proper document to use sforce.one to get current window's name so that my var name can still be used. 

Any suggestion? 
Thanks!

So what I am looking for is to embed a report into a visualforce page : it should be able to updated as a report as well;
And below the report, I'd like to have an area, where I can pull some of the information out from the report, and calculate with my own function.
(I cannot do so in report because I have more than 5 functions to calculate)
Any smart and sharp way to do so?
(I've been trying to create a page without report embeded and it's somehow painful)

Thank you!
Hi.. I have just started learning jQuery in Vf page and was checking online resources . I cam accross these codes , needed some clarity on this.
<apex:includeScript value="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQuery, '/js/jquery-1.11.4.min.js')}"  />
<apex:includeScript value="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQuery, '/js/jquery-ui-1.8.6.custom.min.js')}"  />
<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQuery, '/css/ui-lightness/jquery-ui-1.8.6.custom.css')}"  />
  I have downloaded[ jquery-ui-1.11.4.custom.zip] and included as a static resource but I am not sure if I need to download something else as well?
Because in the example above there are 3 lines of code. Are they referring to the same jQuery zip folder?
Also please help me get some working example with jQuery in Visualforce page.

Hi, I have a table that needs to pull the result of one custom field multipled by 12 (the current month for the year), for example.

I found this post: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/simple-calculation-within-page/m-p/532611#M57220 and tried it on my code, but my VF page is not returning any results (it's just blank).

Say the custom field is called "Quantity_This_Year__c" and I need "Quantity_This_Year__c*MONTH(TODAY())" result on the Vf Page.''

I have tried both MONTH(TODAY()) and just the number 12, and still, Vf page is blank next to this field.

Is that other post out of date? Anyone else know a way to perform a calculation where my result will not be blank?

• December 16, 2013
Hi,

I am trying to get the hour of the 'Date/Time Opened' field within Cases.  Ideally I'd like to be able to pull something like 4:00 PM or 20:00, or something along these lines.

Anybody know a way to do this with a formula?

Thanks!!

Message Edited by JWOODY on 10-18-2006 09:25 PM

• October 19, 2006
We have exceeded our API Requests Limit

Which Program is causing the API Request to exceed the limit?
Hi, I am having trouble with the "Attributes and Expressions" module from trailhead.

Here is the challenge:
Create a Lightning Component to display a single item for your packing list.
  • Create a component called campingListItem that displays the name (ui:outputText) and the three custom fields using the appropriate output components.
  • Add an attribute named 'item' for type Camping_Item__c.
I created an component named campingListItem and this is the code:
<aura:component >
    <aura:attribute name="item" type="<my_domain>__Camping_Item__c"/>

<ui:outputText value="{!v.item.Name}"/>
    <ui:outputCheckbox value="{!v.item.<my_domain>__Packed__c}"/>
    <ui:outputCurrency  value="{!v.item.<my_domain>__Price__c}"/>
    <ui:outputNumber value="{!v.item.<my_domain>__Quantity__c}"/>
</aura:component>

The error that I am getting is: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The packingListItem Lightning Component's attribute tag doesn't exist or its attributes are not set correctly."

With this, I tried to create another component, with the name "packingListItem", but It didn't work.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Hello.

As far as my understanding goes is the only native way to include the help text in a Visualforce page by setting showHeader="true". I realloy don't want to show the Header though, is it possible to exclude this with CSS? I read in a different thread that the following would work, but it doesn't for me.
.bPageHeader{
    display: none;
}
Any ideas?