• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I'm having an issue where I'm not sure how I can/if it is possible to change the field-level-help icon on components such as inputs & radio groups.

I know that the lightning-helptext component has support to change the icon as listed in the documentation

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/component-library/bundle/lightning-helptext/example

However, looking through documentation on the input component

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/component-library/bundle/lightning-input/specification

I only see a spot to define the text of the helptext, and not the ability to change the icon.

Is it possible to change the icon of the helptext on components like input & radio, or would I need to retool those to use the lightning-helptext component?

Thanks
Hi,

There seems to be an inconstant behavior with regards to number input validation between IE11 & other browsers (such as FF or chrome).

When I have an input such as

<lightning-input
   type='number'
   step=1
/>

and I input an invalid number, such as "1.2" there is different behaviors.

On Chrome and FF a validation error message "Your entry isn't a valid increment." shows up and the validity of the component is false.

In IE11, no validation error shows up & the validity of the component is shown to be valid. However, the value sent by that component appears to be truncated. In the case of my example "1.2" in the user input field gets set as a value of "1" when reading the value from a change listener.

Is this expected behavior in IE11?

Thanks,
Scott

With lightning web components, is there a way to combine a data binding with static values?

for example

<div class="staticClass {dynamicClass}"></div>

Where dynamicClass is a @track variable in the JS of the component.
This doesn't work since it literally places '{dynamicClass}' in the class. Is there anything that would allow this kind of mixing or do I need to rather make some code that would just grab the div in the DOM and change the class from there?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi,

I've got a lightning component that is being used in a Community.
This is meant to be a public facing community/component, where anonymous users essentially fill out a form.

Part of the flow includes uploading files.
Currently the files are being uploaded using <lightning:fileUpload/> and are being associated with an Account object.

When used by a person who already has a logged in session (such as through the builder) it works fine. However a guest user isn't able to upload files.

Is there any way to set the auto generated guest user or guest profile to be able to upload files?
I've tried doing some research on this already, and it seems like its more pointing towards no, but I was hoping if anyone else could provide insight.

Thanks,
Scott

Hi,

Is there a way to enable row selection when a user clicks on the row of datatable, rather than just on the checkbox/radio button?

I'd imagine I could do this through a combonation of jquery and using the selectedRows object that is provided.

However I'd like to avoid that in favor of a method that would use just the default functionality of the datatable, I'm just not sure how to do that if its currently possible.

Thanks
Hello,

I'm trying to look for a way to prevent a console tab from closing on a certain condition.

Basically, if the user leaves a specific field empty, I'm looking to bring up a modal that will either let the user fill in the field and continue closing the tab, or cancel closing the tab.

I've tried using the tabClosed event

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_console.meta/api_console/sforce_api_console_events_tabclosed.htm

However from testing, this event looks like it is called after the tab gets closed. Is there an event that happens before the tab closes that could be used for this case?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi,

I've got a lightning component that is being used in a Community.
This is meant to be a public facing community/component, where anonymous users essentially fill out a form.

Part of the flow includes uploading files.
Currently the files are being uploaded using <lightning:fileUpload/> and are being associated with an Account object.

When used by a person who already has a logged in session (such as through the builder) it works fine. However a guest user isn't able to upload files.

Is there any way to set the auto generated guest user or guest profile to be able to upload files?
I've tried doing some research on this already, and it seems like its more pointing towards no, but I was hoping if anyone else could provide insight.

Thanks,
Scott