• 5 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a cutom Object called "Experiment__c". On the record detail page I have Created a button which invokes the below visualforce page
And on this VF page I have created a button and written an extension class. On this extension class I am updating the current record (The record on which the detail page button was clicked to invoke this visualforce page) on the click of the command button.
But it does nothing. What am I doing wrong?

----VF PAGE-------------

<apex:page standardController="Experiment__c" tabstyle="Experiment__c" extensions="ExperimentStandardControllerExtension">
<apex:form >
<apex:pageBlock title="Experiment Edit" tabStyle="Experiment__c" >
<apex:pageBlockSection title="Information" columns="1" >
<apex:commandButton value="Update" action="{!updateRecord}"></apex:commandButton>

<apex:inputField value="{!Experiment__c.Lab_Country__c}"/>
<apex:inputField value="{!Experiment__c.Date_Entered__c}" required="false"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>

---------Controller Extension------------

public class ExperimentStandardControllerExtension {
Experiment__c ex = new Experiment__c();
Id id;

public ExperimentStandardControllerExtension(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
     ex = [SELECT Id,Lab_Country__c,Date_Entered__c FROM Experiment__c WHERE Id = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];
     system.debug('Experiment LAB=' + ex.Lab_Country__c);                              
    }

public pagereference updateRecord(){
    update ex;
    system.debug('Experiment LAB=' + ex.Lab_Country__c);
    return null;}

}
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is Knowledge User checkbox in User detail screen used for?
I read a document says that : although we enable the Salesforce Knowledge, the Knowledges and Articles Management tabs are not visible. We have to tick the Knowledge User checkbox.
But Tab Visiblility is set up in profile only, not sure why related to Knowledge User checkbox.

I'm curious to know how some of the code in my organization is working and was deployed as the code coverage is less than 75% for many of the triggers/controllers.  

I see that the creation date for most of the code is 2011.  Is this a recent requirement Salesforce implemented? (i've only been working with SFDC for about 4 months).  I know if I deploy code with less then 75% coverage, the code will not deploy. 

It would make sense to me that SFDC implemented this requirement and allowed code in production to continue to run even though the coverage was less than 75% but going forward would force developers to meet the requirement.  Any insight that can be provided would be of great benefit to me. Thanks!!!

Hi,

Salesforce.com help said that I can select the Knowledge User checkbox under Setup | Manage Users | Users. Click Edit next to the user's name or click New to create a new user.

But I can't find it, Can anyone help please?

Thanks

pich

• September 24, 2010