• 20 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

- I can see a custom field in our Contacts object when I acess it via my account within R studios (statistics language / package accessing via API calls directly querying the object).
- I cannot see that same field field, again authenticating via my account from within in Tableau (another BI package which I am to understand accesses via API calls that are perhaps querying reports somehow).

When I ask our SalesForce 'admin' to give me permission to these fields I cannot access within Tableau he asks what 'report type' I am using as he only thinks in terms of the SF front end and I believe he is referring to what I consider the JOIN options one gets when creating a simple report in the SF web GUI, e.g. 'contacts', 'contacts and accounts', 'contacts and leads' etc.

- I have looked through my profile definition, specifically at the field security and there is only 'view' or 'edit', there is nothing that says "Visible within reports that are of type: 'contacts with tasks'". Is that a thing? Is there such articulte security permissions somewhere? If not can anyone guess what the Admin might be changing each time?

I have acessed our SF as an admin but following my nose is not revealing where this extra permission could be that he is purportedly changing each time I ask for permission to see a field. Is there a permission that for somehow tied to the 'type of report' (or JOIN condition as I think of it). I have looked at field level permissions, roles, profiles, the objects themselves, nothing seems to somehow tie my user, that field and the 'type of report' (and ultimately deny me permission!)

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

Someone else posted on this - they 'answered the question' by giving up. I cannot give up, because I really need to use the same connected app as I have the consumer key out in the field, so please dont try to persuade me to just create another connected app.

AFTER CREATING an app you can see the ouath settings. You see them ONCE. after that if you go into connected apps > manage and click on one you see just a few settings - none of the settings you actually need or want.

In another post (marked as solved after it was concluded that you just have to create a new connected app if ever you don't get the setting right first time), some people claim you can go to create or build. I do not see those menus, perhaps they are using classic and I'm on lightening maybe I'm in the wrong breed of settings and I'm in setup or something.

I did find a way back in last week, only took me an hour or so last time of googling and searching the menus, but I cannot find the settings this time. Please, if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

And just one last time: I know how to create the connected app, I have api's chatting away to the system. I need to tweak one detail of the oauth and I need to see the pair of keys/ids/secrets. I know you can see them when you first make the app, but I now need to go back in to see them and they are NOT included, you jsut see permitted users usage single logout etc., none of the actual technical detail required.

Someone else posted on this - they 'answered the question' by giving up. I cannot give up, because I really need to use the same connected app as I have the consumer key out in the field, so please dont try to persuade me to just create another connected app.

AFTER CREATING an app you can see the ouath settings. You see them ONCE. after that if you go into connected apps > manage and click on one you see just a few settings - none of the settings you actually need or want.

In another post (marked as solved after it was concluded that you just have to create a new connected app if ever you don't get the setting right first time), some people claim you can go to create or build. I do not see those menus, perhaps they are using classic and I'm on lightening maybe I'm in the wrong breed of settings and I'm in setup or something.

I did find a way back in last week, only took me an hour or so last time of googling and searching the menus, but I cannot find the settings this time. Please, if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

And just one last time: I know how to create the connected app, I have api's chatting away to the system. I need to tweak one detail of the oauth and I need to see the pair of keys/ids/secrets. I know you can see them when you first make the app, but I now need to go back in to see them and they are NOT included, you jsut see permitted users usage single logout etc., none of the actual technical detail required.

Dear all,

I am new to Salesforce. I created a developer environment, and a test Connected App, so that I can test making REST API calls.
The problem is that I cannot locate the consumer key and consumer secret for my app. I have read people had similar issues in the past, but their solution didn't work for me.
I attach a screenshot of my app details. According to the docs, this is where I should see consumer key and consumer secret.

User-added image

Thanks for the help!

Daniele