• 5 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My company is new to Salesforce (we are primarily a C# development shop) and we are trying to wrap our heads around how best to approach the development process. As a first step, we would like to have everything locked down under source control. In order to accomplish this we intend to:
  1. Use the 'Choose Metadata Components' menu from the Force.com IDE in order to generate a package manifest (i.e., package.xml)
  2. Download all metadata for our org using the https://workbench.developerforce.com/.
  3. Convert the metadata to a SFDX project and push to a GitHub repository.
In my first attempt at this process I had to manually comment out several dozen lines in the package manifest in order to get around errors that came up when I tried to push this code to one of my sandboxes (using the SFDX CLI). 

In order to avoid these sort of errors on deployment, as well as a matter of principle and best practices, which metadata components should be included in the project manifest? My instinct is to include everything, but I am new to the Salesforce eco-system and am still working out how things ought to be done around here.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Kevin
Hi,

I have the an issue using data loader command line, in my case I have two custom objects A and B and there is a master detail relationship between the two, and object A has an external ID.

I found some documents on line and based on those I have done the following configurations:

In the process-conf file I included:
<entry key="sfdc.externalIdField" value="A__r.External_ID__c"/>

In the mapping file I have this:
Id=Id
A__r.External_ID__c=A__r\:External_ID__c

But I am getting an error the " Field name provided A__r.External_ID__c id is not an external id or indexed field on B" 

It worked using the data loader wizard. Any help I will appreciate it.
Hi,

I have the an issue using data loader command line, in my case I have two custom objects A and B and there is a master detail relationship between the two, and object A has an external ID.

I found some documents on line and based on those I have done the following configurations:

In the process-conf file I included:
<entry key="sfdc.externalIdField" value="A__r.External_ID__c"/>

In the mapping file I have this:
Id=Id
A__r.External_ID__c=A__r\:External_ID__c

But I am getting an error the " Field name provided A__r.External_ID__c id is not an external id or indexed field on B" 

It worked using the data loader wizard. Any help I will appreciate it.