• Member since 2018
  • Programer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The unit that I ran into speed bump is: Protect Your Salesforce Data > User Authentication > Set Up Single Sign-On for Your Internal Users

This unit required previous modules' data, like the user info.

Please add the related/resource link in the unit to speed up trailblazers' progress.
I think I have skipped some instruction there and pozzled with the outcome of this unit. What kind of key words sould I use to ferther understand this topic?

The scenario is that I finished the unit Chanllenge with code as fallowing:
public class ContactSearch {
    public static List<Contact> searchForContacts(string targetLastName, string targetPostalCode)
    {
		List<Contact> matchCon = [select ID,Name from Contact where LastName = :targetLastName and MailingPostalCode = :targetPostalCode];
        return matchCon;
    }
}
But in the object manager of Contact, I didn't see any field named: LastName and MailingPostalCode.

How could the code be using Field that don't evern exist in Contact and not be compile error? What kind of key words sould I use to ferther understand this topic?
I think I have skipped some instruction there and pozzled with the outcome of this unit. What kind of key words sould I use to ferther understand this topic?

The scenario is that I finished the unit Chanllenge with code as fallowing:
    public static List<Contact> searchForContacts(string targetLastName, string targetPostalCode)
    {
		List<Contact> matchCon = [select ID,Name from Contact where LastName = :targetLastName and MailingPostalCode = :targetPostalCode];
        return matchCon;
    }
}
But in the object manager of Contact, I didn't see any field named: LastName and MailingPostalCode.

How could the code be using Field that don't evern exist in Contact and not be compile error? What kind of key words sould I use to ferther understand this topic?
While I am deploying big object facing error : ''problem: No package.xml found"

My Package file : 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
<types> <members>*</members> <name>CustomObject</name> </types>
<types> <members>*</members> <name>PermissionSet</name> </types>
<version>41.0</version>
</Package>
User-added image
How can i resolve this error.
Trying to complete Data Import challenge - I go to Map, but I can't scroll all the way down the box to find/click "Map" button.  I'm on Chrome.  Tried switching to IE, that's not going to be supported by SF in a month and I can't get to the "Map" button there either.  HELP!!!

User-added image
Hello,

I alway get error "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Executing the 'searchForContacts' method failed. Either the method does not exist, is not static, or does not return the expected contacts."

I have my code as following:
    public List<Contact> searchForContacts (String cName, String pCode) {

List<Contact> matchCon = [SELECT Id, First_Name__c, Last_Name__c, MailingPostalCode__c FROM Contact
                                  WHERE Last_Name__c = 'cName'
                                  AND MailingPostalCode__c = 'pCode']; 

if(matchCon.size() > 0){
            return matchCon;
        } else {
            return null;
        }
    }
}

Kindy check and tell me what is wrong

thank in advance

Visal
Hi,

Are there any best practices when it comes to setting up version control (VC) in conjuction with using the Force.com IDE?

For example, should I make one big project in the Force.com IDE that contains all the meta data on my site and commit that?  Then any new classes or triggers should be a part of this project, and committed to VC?  Would this mean that for every feature I deploy, the entire site would be deployed, instead of just the changes I made?  

I'm curious what everyone else is doing.

Thanks

Hi All,

1. What is the best way of using try and catch in apec code?

2. What is disadvantage of putting whole code in try catch ? for example --

public class Demo{

try{

/**here put all code

}catch(exception e){}

}

Thanks in Advance

CloudMaster