• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I am trying to populate a field on an Opportunity based on the value on the Primary Related contact’s record, but only on creation of the Opty. 

The way our flow goes is that while on a contact record, we select New from the Opportunity Related List on the contact record. What this does is creates an opportunity and makes the contact the Primary related contact for the Opportunity. 

I have created a flow that will update the opty fields based on the primary related contact’s field values. I use Process Builder to call the flow.  It works when I update the Opty, but not when I create the Opty. 

It seems that the issue is that what actually happens in the background is that SFDC first creates the Opty record and then creates the related contact record which makes sense since the related contact record needs the opty id to be created.  So, at opty creation time, there is no related contact so no values to pull.

The Related Contact object can’t be used directly in that I can’t create a workflow on that object. It has limitations.  I am looking for an approach that does not involve writing custom code or triggers that will accomplish my goal.   I can’t seem to come up with anything to accomplish my goal.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

I am just trying to get a handle on AND/OR syntax.  I have the following that does not get a syntax error, but I am not sure it is doing what I want it to.

What I want is for this to trigger if:

date_Sent_to_Customer is today
OR
if the RecordType is Quote Request and the Quote Amount is > 5000.

Does this do that?

AND
(  OR   (TODAY() =  Date_Sent_to_Customer__c ),
    RecordType.Name = "Quote Request",
    Quote_Amount__c > 5000,
 )

Hi,

I am just trying to get a handle on AND/OR syntax.  I have the following that does not get a syntax error, but I am not sure it is doing what I want it to.

What I want is for this to trigger if:

date_Sent_to_Customer is today
OR
if the RecordType is Quote Request and the Quote Amount is > 5000.

Does this do that?

AND
(  OR   (TODAY() =  Date_Sent_to_Customer__c ),
    RecordType.Name = "Quote Request",
    Quote_Amount__c > 5000,
 )