• 30 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I would like to use Process Builder to automatically calculate a number field and recalculate if needed when changes are made. However, the field is not producing a calculated number. What would be the best approach to do this?
Thanks!
Hi, how do I keep a field as a lookup field on the child object and then have that lookup field generate a roll up summary field on the parent object?
Hi, I am trying to create a roll up summary based on a related list from a custom object. However, the related list does not show up as an option in the "summarized object" drop down so I am not able to move forward in creating this custom field. Do you have any recommendations as to how to resolve this issue? Thanks!
Hello Everyone! What is the best way to make cross object updates?
I have two number fields in custom object A. One field is a lookup field from custom object B. Second field is an automated field that I used process builder to calculate the total of a number of fields in custom object A. 

When I make changes in the original number field from custom object B, the lookup field in custom object A changes. However, it does not update the second automated field in custom object A. 
Hi All! Currently I have an AEBase Field called "Year Built" locked in as a Text Field.Ideally, I would like to use the "Year Built" field in a Number "Formula" Field, but the formula appears to not accept the "Year Built" field because it is a text and not a number field and it also appears that the Year Built text field cannot be deleted. Do you have any suggestions on how to get the data from the text field to go into a number "formula" field? 

An idea that I was thinking about was to possibly to create a new Number field to mimic the Year Built text field, automate the Year Built "text" field to  connect with the Year Built "number" field using process builder and then use the number field in a number formula field? 

It would be great to get some feedback on this, I appreciate it!!

Hello! Is it possible to use two data types in a formula? For instance, using a "text" field in a formula for a "number" field.

Thanks!
Hello! What is the best approach to convert a percentage into a number between two fields? For instance, if Field A is 60%, then Field B would indicate a number based on Field A's 60%. In Field B, 1=90-100%, 2=80-90%, 3=60-80%, 4=40-60%, 5=20-40%, 6=0-20%. 

I tried a CASE formula, however when I type in a decimal for a percentage, there is a syntax error. Thanks!
Hi all! Is it possible to create a field with multiple lookup(s) in a custom object page? 

In the custom object page, there are 3 pages (from a seperate custom object) that fall within the same field, however I would like to have them as individual look-up fields. If this is possible, how can I go about with this? 

Thanks!!
Hello! How do you combine an IF formula if the checkbox includes AND / OR components?

The checkbox field is only checked if (1. when another checkbox field is checked) PLUS (2. another checkbox is over a percentage OR 3. another checkbox is under a percentage). The issue right now is the checkbox will not uncheck when the other checkbox field is unchecked. The checkbox must only check when the other checkbox is checked along with either one of the over or under percentage fields.

Thank you!!
Hi!

What's an efficient approach to combine different components in a formula for a checkbox field? I am hoping to create a checkbox field where it will checked when it satisfies a few components: 1. when another checkbox field is checked, 2. when another field within the same object page is "over" a percentage, 3. when another field is "under" a percentage.

How would you combine the IF ( ) and AND ( ) in this scenario? Thank you!!

Hello Everyone! What is the best way to make cross object updates?
I have two number fields in custom object A. One field is a lookup field from custom object B. Second field is an automated field that I used process builder to calculate the total of a number of fields in custom object A. 

When I make changes in the original number field from custom object B, the lookup field in custom object A changes. However, it does not update the second automated field in custom object A. 
Hello! Is it possible to use two data types in a formula? For instance, using a "text" field in a formula for a "number" field.

Thanks!
Hello! What is the best approach to convert a percentage into a number between two fields? For instance, if Field A is 60%, then Field B would indicate a number based on Field A's 60%. In Field B, 1=90-100%, 2=80-90%, 3=60-80%, 4=40-60%, 5=20-40%, 6=0-20%. 

I tried a CASE formula, however when I type in a decimal for a percentage, there is a syntax error. Thanks!
Hi all! Is it possible to create a field with multiple lookup(s) in a custom object page? 

In the custom object page, there are 3 pages (from a seperate custom object) that fall within the same field, however I would like to have them as individual look-up fields. If this is possible, how can I go about with this? 

Thanks!!
Hello! How do you combine an IF formula if the checkbox includes AND / OR components?

The checkbox field is only checked if (1. when another checkbox field is checked) PLUS (2. another checkbox is over a percentage OR 3. another checkbox is under a percentage). The issue right now is the checkbox will not uncheck when the other checkbox field is unchecked. The checkbox must only check when the other checkbox is checked along with either one of the over or under percentage fields.

Thank you!!
Hi!

What's an efficient approach to combine different components in a formula for a checkbox field? I am hoping to create a checkbox field where it will checked when it satisfies a few components: 1. when another checkbox field is checked, 2. when another field within the same object page is "over" a percentage, 3. when another field is "under" a percentage.

How would you combine the IF ( ) and AND ( ) in this scenario? Thank you!!