• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
I've inherited an app that has very little apex code. However, the one bit of reusable code we have now needs modifying and I'm struggling to make the right change.  This line is now causing an issue as a number of new fields are already reference fields and results in the class failing and stopping the process that runs it! Is there a simple change to this line that will replace any __[rc] with __r? This will capture those that need changing "c" and those that are actually already correct "r"?  
activeFieldName = userFieldName.replace('__c', '__r.IsActive');

Hi,

I have two picklist fields on a custom object that if either pick val is changed will trigger a process (results in apex class being ran). These fields are status related and can be updated via other processes and flows. However, should either field be changed via a system update (process or flow) the process resulting in apex is not triggered!! If I go into the record and manually change either field the apex process will fire correctly. 

I've seen restrictions on formular fields not triggering, but can find no other reason a process shouldn't be executed.

Any ideas of what I can check?
Hi,

I have an email templated that gets sent out to users who have to add a digital signiture and then upload to a SF page. 
Can I customise the name of the attachment or can I only have the name of the document I attached to the template?

file name - file_to_sign.docx
new name - {!Name__c}.file_to_sign.docx

Thanks!

Is there a way to change Screen formats (fonts, sizes, orientation etc.) from Display Text?

The only way I'm seeing that can be done is in HTML, which surely can't be right!!!

I'm liking the new builder but if this is an omission then it is moving to the fail category.

Hi,
I had a simple field validation rule that required a comment when a particular status was set (this would normally be when my auto logic was in progress). I've now had to change the validation so that when a new item is added the status can be manually set, and require a comment.

This is the rule I have but it raises an alert all the time preventing the new recorded from being saved. Any ideas?

Thanks!

AND( 
ISPICKVAL(Status__c , 'Authorised'), 
AND 
(NOT(ISCHANGED( ITK_Comments__c ))) 
|| 
ISBLANK(ITK_Comments__c) 
|| 
ISNEW() 
)

Hi,
I have a field validation that requires a comment being added when certain picklist values are manually selected. This works fine.

As the picklist field is also being updated by a Process Builder I need to add text comment to my comment field. Is there a way that I can append this text? at the moment my PB text over writes all previous comments. 
Hi all,

I have a Process tree setup for adding new contacts to various plans and I'm now at the stage that I need put the final branch formulas in place. However, my newbie approach to all things SF is slowing (hindering) me to a point I no longer know where I should be starting!!!

What I'm trying to do is check if a new app Contact has a record in my custom object, Plan, where the project is "Super Stars" and also an "Active" status.  If its true then move on, else follow the branch.

This is what I've been playing with...but with little success (I think I've cut/paste from too many examples and sources).

AND(
 [Plan__c].Contact__c  <> [Plan__c].Contact__c.Username ,
 (ISPICKVAL([Plan__c].Status__C, "Active"),
 [Plan__c].Project__C <> "Super Stars"),
AND(
 (ISPICKVAL([Plan__c].Project__r.Status__c, "Active")
    )
Hey all!
My first post so go easy!

I have an object, Project, which contains details of all project members. One of my projects is actaully my list of Project Managers.
When creating a New project I need to search and assign a PM from my "Project Managers" project.  I can set up a field Lookup but that is only to the object and not a specific record. Is there an easy way of achiveing this?

I do hope that makes sense!?
Hi,

I have an email templated that gets sent out to users who have to add a digital signiture and then upload to a SF page. 
Can I customise the name of the attachment or can I only have the name of the document I attached to the template?

file name - file_to_sign.docx
new name - {!Name__c}.file_to_sign.docx

Thanks!

Is there a way to change Screen formats (fonts, sizes, orientation etc.) from Display Text?

The only way I'm seeing that can be done is in HTML, which surely can't be right!!!

I'm liking the new builder but if this is an omission then it is moving to the fail category.

Hi,
I have a field validation that requires a comment being added when certain picklist values are manually selected. This works fine.

As the picklist field is also being updated by a Process Builder I need to add text comment to my comment field. Is there a way that I can append this text? at the moment my PB text over writes all previous comments. 
Hi all,

I have a Process tree setup for adding new contacts to various plans and I'm now at the stage that I need put the final branch formulas in place. However, my newbie approach to all things SF is slowing (hindering) me to a point I no longer know where I should be starting!!!

What I'm trying to do is check if a new app Contact has a record in my custom object, Plan, where the project is "Super Stars" and also an "Active" status.  If its true then move on, else follow the branch.

This is what I've been playing with...but with little success (I think I've cut/paste from too many examples and sources).

AND(
 [Plan__c].Contact__c  <> [Plan__c].Contact__c.Username ,
 (ISPICKVAL([Plan__c].Status__C, "Active"),
 [Plan__c].Project__C <> "Super Stars"),
AND(
 (ISPICKVAL([Plan__c].Project__r.Status__c, "Active")
    )
Hey all!
My first post so go easy!

I have an object, Project, which contains details of all project members. One of my projects is actaully my list of Project Managers.
When creating a New project I need to search and assign a PM from my "Project Managers" project.  I can set up a field Lookup but that is only to the object and not a specific record. Is there an easy way of achiveing this?

I do hope that makes sense!?