• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi team, 

I have a rich text field on the account object where users can paste links to different pieces of content that they like. I then pulled a report with the rich text in it, and the links are not clickable. 

Is there a way to make these links clickable in the report? 

Let me know!

Thanks,
Tasia
Hello All,

I have a req where I have a date only and I have to add it with current time. Thanks
  • October 10, 2018
Looking for Suggestions? 

Is there a way to export a case out of salesforce or save a view of that case so that i may attach in an email externally out of salesforce. I have a unique scenario where it requires i have the case in Salesforce, however would like to attach the case in a seperate management system. I have through about and looked into simply "Print to PDF" however was wondering if there was a better way?
Hi team, 

I have a rich text field on the account object where users can paste links to different pieces of content that they like. I then pulled a report with the rich text in it, and the links are not clickable. 

Is there a way to make these links clickable in the report? 

Let me know!

Thanks,
Tasia
Hi guyz,

I want to display a pop up on opportunity standard page ,when user selects and save opportunity in proposal stage, i want to intimate some details to him at this stage, can i accomplish this? if yes how can i?? any help would be appreciated.

thanks
I am at https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/admin_intro_accounts_contacts/units/admin_intro_accounts_contacts_relationships and cannot get past the first part of instructions. It says to type Account Settings in the Quick Find box, and then select Account Settings. But I when I type that in Quick Find, I get 0 results. I assume this a permissions thing, but I have no idea how to change the permissions to allow me to see Acount Settings. For the record, I am doing this on my own. I do not have a company admin or anyone to ask. Just an unemployed IT guy trying to learn the basics of Salesforce.
There's so much information online, it's overwhelming and not quite sure what is realistic/credible. How long did it take to get a job with no experience? I have a few years of experience in other CRMs in both the corporate and nonprofit worlds but no hands on Salesforce experience. I did well in an engineering computer science class and learned c++ and MATLAB. I'm planning on starting as an admin and transitioning into a developer, How long do you think I would need to work as an admin before getting a position as a developer? 

What have you heard/experienced in terms of the job market in specific cities? Specifically out west and texas?

Lastly, what kind of remote opportunities are there in this field? Is it tough to get a fully or partially remote gig? 

Thank you!
  • September 28, 2018
Hi there,

I got following error on Set Your Org's External Org-Wide Defaults step.

Step not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Your external org-wide defaults aren't configured correctly. Repeat the steps to make sure they are.

I tried with two new playgrounds.
Is there any other settings except below?

1. From Setup, enter Sharing Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Sharing Settings.
2. Click Enable External Sharing Model.
3. Click Edit in the Organization-Wide Defaults area.
4. For the Opportunity and Account and Contract objects, set the Default Internal Access to Public Read Only and the Default External Access to Private. Click OK if you get any popups or warnings.
5. Click Save.

<Trailhead : Share CRM Data with Your Partners>
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/communities_share_crm_data/steps/set_external_owd

Thanks for any idea.
Regards,
LinThaw
  • September 28, 2018