• 10 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm very new to salesforce. I have a client requirement to integrate the Salesforce Open CTI with avaya.
I don't know what steps to be followed to do it.
Is there any coding involved in it ?
I need some reference materials - to work on it.
I found this document in the online (This document describes installation and Configuration to setup Avaya with Open CTI): https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101027832
Is the procedure in this document is enough to setup ?
Kindly, someone please help me with this
Hi,

Can anybody suggest how to integrate Avaya call center with Salesforce?. 

any help would be appreciated. 
Hi All,
currently i am in a evaluation process of connecting Voice/ACD with the new SFDC Omni-Channel feature. 

The ACD provider will be integrated using OpenCTI. Indeed OpenCTI exists in the CallCenter console component of the ServiceConsole. Usually the ACD provider takes care of the call routing and the only interaction with SFDC is done in context of the OpentCTI HTML/JavaScript code (inbound and outbound calls, call logging etc.). This HTML/JavaScript code is always running in context of the browser of a particular agent. The session between the agent and the ACD server is handled by the CallCenter console component (pure Cloud solution) or some kind of local desktop app as a middleware between the CallCenter console component and the ACD server.

I have an ongoing discussion with SFDC about there recommendation to integrate OpenCTI with Omni-Channel to make sure the Omni-Mechanism will manage the Agent-Blending completely on SFDC side.

SFDC suggest to let the ACD system create a Case … which will be handled by a Omni-Service channel. A Omni routing configuration assigned to a queue will route that case to an agent. As soon as an agent picks that case from the Omni console component the ACD is notified via SFDC streaming API to connect the pending call with the agent who accepted the case. In fact the ACD server is the only subscriber of the StreamingAPI PushTopic.

I have a fundamental problem to understand that approach:
1. from my understanding OpenCTI only runs in context of a client browser … to create a case outside that context, OpenCTI needs to connect to SFDC in a different way. That was the old CTI way … OpenCTI tries to get rid of that!

2. StreamingAPI cannot connect to server side processed outside of SFDC (like a server run by a ACD provider), again: the only way is to notify the OpenCTI console component via Javascript events fired by service console integration toolkit. 

Does anyone ever did such an implementation or found any kind of best practice documents coming from SFDC?

Before you ask: we have a running ServiceCloud implementation (1000+ agents) using OpenCTI in the „classic way“ for a couple of years now. Moreover we have a new PoC using Omni-Channel for Email,Web and LiveAgent in place. The missing piece is to connect OpenCTI and Omni and let Omni do the call routing instead of the ACD provider.

Thanks for any kind of inspiration 

Best,
Andreas

Hi,

I want to understand the IVR integration with Salesforce. Say if we are using CTI adapter provided by Avaya for the CTI integration then IVR integration will also be handled by Avaya? or if we purchasing Avaya CTI adapter then will IVR service be included along with adapter services? Please let me know.

Do we need to create some web service or other logic to have IVR integration with Salesforce? Please clarify

We are using a CTI tool called Avaya which is integrated with salesforce and users can call through a soft phone, they will have click to dial functionalities etc...

One of our user's machine freezes when he is in the middle of the call (thru soft phone) and he could not do anything for 5 mins. I guess it is some issue with Avaya softphone. Did anyone used Avaya before? Did anyone encounter this kind of issue?

• June 06, 2012

Hi,

We need to integrate salesforce.com with Avaya(CTI) and IVR/VP. We identified the following major components that forms major part of the SFDC development effort.

Could anyone who already have done this type of integration let us know the level of effort (LoE) in ours or man days for this type of integration ( including DESIGN and DEVELOPMENT)from a pure SFDC development  perspective.

1. Softphone installation, configuration  and Layout modifications.
2. Avaya Call Center (XML File) installation/configuration
3. Agents or User Profile Configuration
4. CSR Phone routing business logic (Custom Apex Code)
5. Web Services for IVR/VP(Custom Apex Code )

Thanks for your time.

We have an Avaya phone system and are hoping to integrate it with SalesForce.com.  After looking around on the AppExchange, it looks like there are 3rd party integration solutions for this.  Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for an integration like this one?  We are also hoping to customize the connector somewhat, so we're looking for an implementation or version that allows us to do that.  Thanks
  • July 16, 2009
Hi,

Do we have CTI Adapter for Avaya IP500 professional  in SFDC? . Please let me know, one of our clients wants us to integrate Call Manager with SFDC.