• 25 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

This may not belong here, but I'm trying both forums.

We encounter this issue often, and I'd really like a simple solution to it. Our reps create Quotes and then sync to the Opportunity. But then they might stop the sync, then create a new quote and attempt to sync it, but they get this error:

QuoteLineSyncTrigger: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 00k0H00000lQJlqQAG; first error: INVALID_OPERATION, Attempted to sync object 0QL0H000007WaEL which was previously synced in this transaction: [] ()

Anyone know an easy way to remedy this issue? I already deleted all the products out of the Opportunity in hopes of syncing all the new ones over fresh, but to no avail. Thanks!

• November 04, 2020

Hi: 
I would love a simple visualforce solution to ultimately create a custom button for sales to click to "recalculate" a value, which is really just updating the page again. The object is quote line items. We have so much going on in calculations that it takes another edit/save to finish them all. A button would be awesome.

Thanks!

• October 17, 2020
I installed Kcloud's Mass Actions app. I followed the instructions on how to use their app with custom objects, or standard objects not supported. I need it for QuoteLineItems. However, despite this is exactly as instructed, I keep getting an error stating: "Error: Apex class 'MassDeleteController' does not exist."

It exists. Just for fun, I have added a variety of controllers to see if it recognizes any, and it doesn't. Something is wrong with the code. Anyone? I did email them but haven't heard back. We need to use this ASAP. Thanks!

<apex:page standardController="QuoteLineItem" lightningStylesheets="true"
action="{!Redirect}" recordSetVar="Records" extensions="MassDeleteController">
<apex:pageMessages></apex:pageMessages>
</apex:page>
  • October 16, 2020

We created a custom clone button for Quote to clone the quote and quote line items, but it doesn't work in Lightning. 

Code for the button at present:
/{!Quote.Id}/e?clone=1&oppid={!Quote.Opportunity_ID__c}*

*It kept saying that OpportunityId didn't exist, so we created a custom ID field, which worked fine in Classic. 

I am not an Apex coder, so wondered if anyone has had luck creating a URL Hack to clone Quote and Quote Line Items in Lightning.

Right now, when we try to clone in Lightning, we get the error "Required fields are missing: [OpportunityId]" so something else is going on. I want to believe that this is a simple fix, but I don't know. I would be forever grateful if someone could help. 

Thanks!

User-added image

• October 02, 2020

Can I trouble one of you brilliant developers to write me an apex class and associated visualforce page that I can use in a lightning button to refresh a page, in this case, a quote line item record, so they do not have to edit and save, or so it looks more sophisticated than having to do that.

If you could add the test class code as well, I will be forever in your debt. Thank you.

• September 03, 2020
Hello - we have a LOT of buttons for the same purpose: a series of contracts buttons, on the Account object. My manager didn't want them all running across the page so I have them all in the drop down menu. He then asked me to create a fake button that pointed users to the menu, it reads Contracts >, best I could do, but people are clicking on it, which just creates an error. 

So, does anyone know how to create a button that either does nothing without erroring, or just keeps them on the existing Account? I tried using {!Account.Id} or Account.Link, but it just appends the existing URL with this link. I do have it set to Display in existing window without sidebar. 

Anyway, any ideas would be welcome. Thanks!
  • September 02, 2020

One of the most challenging aspects of Salesforce user adoption that I always encounter, is the multiple steps required to create an Account and then the Related Contact. I am wondering if anyone has accomplished this with the new Lightning Flow with screen entry, which means yes--it would require that the related Account Contact Relationship record be created too.

The creation of these records is normally needed when a Salesperson needs to add a new Account and Contact, and then create the related records such as an Opportunity and a couple of custom object records after the fact, which is also cumbersome and is why I'm trying to consolidate this first process. They do not want to create a Lead and then Convert, also cumbersome.

My predecessor had a developer create a visualforce page and trigger exactly the way it was done in Classic, but it's a beast because it's old Classic technology, and requires a developer to update it anytime we add new fields that should be filled out upon creation of any of these records. 

So if you have successfully done this, please let me know how you did it, if it's even possible, or if we are stuck with this VF form and trigger we already using. 

Thank you so much!

• May 23, 2019

Hi: 
I would love a simple visualforce solution to ultimately create a custom button for sales to click to "recalculate" a value, which is really just updating the page again. The object is quote line items. We have so much going on in calculations that it takes another edit/save to finish them all. A button would be awesome.

Thanks!

• October 17, 2020
I installed Kcloud's Mass Actions app. I followed the instructions on how to use their app with custom objects, or standard objects not supported. I need it for QuoteLineItems. However, despite this is exactly as instructed, I keep getting an error stating: "Error: Apex class 'MassDeleteController' does not exist."

It exists. Just for fun, I have added a variety of controllers to see if it recognizes any, and it doesn't. Something is wrong with the code. Anyone? I did email them but haven't heard back. We need to use this ASAP. Thanks!

<apex:page standardController="QuoteLineItem" lightningStylesheets="true"
action="{!Redirect}" recordSetVar="Records" extensions="MassDeleteController">
<apex:pageMessages></apex:pageMessages>
</apex:page>
  • October 16, 2020
Hello - we have a LOT of buttons for the same purpose: a series of contracts buttons, on the Account object. My manager didn't want them all running across the page so I have them all in the drop down menu. He then asked me to create a fake button that pointed users to the menu, it reads Contracts >, best I could do, but people are clicking on it, which just creates an error. 

So, does anyone know how to create a button that either does nothing without erroring, or just keeps them on the existing Account? I tried using {!Account.Id} or Account.Link, but it just appends the existing URL with this link. I do have it set to Display in existing window without sidebar. 

Anyway, any ideas would be welcome. Thanks!
  • September 02, 2020
I posted once but didn't receive any response.  Has someone developed a button we can place on the quote object that would allow you to "delete" multiple line items all at once?