• iOS Developer
  • SwiftSense

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I apologize if I have overlooked one here. This salesforce website is great but massive and I don't see a swift walkthrough, I did find this one
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.mobile_sdk.meta/mobile_sdk/ios_swift_intro.htm#!
and I am glad to see promise kit here but I don't have a grasp of some simple tasks I will need like

1. how do I get all of the records in the tutorial app
2. how can I sort my results 
every example I see assumed I already have a user like this:
restApi.Promises.query(soql: "SELECT Id,FirstName,LastName FROM User"
So its those sort of basic concepts I'd like to learn before I start my SalesForce project.
The tutorial that comes with forceios is written in objective C and I'm having trouble following it. 
Any help on how to get the basics of Salesforce with swift would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Warren
Is there a list somewhere that shows what version of Xcode to run with forceios? I just installed this for the first time, ran the swift demo and have 175 errors. I think this is due to the version of swift I am using.

forceios version 7.0.0-preview
xcode 9.4.1
development target 11.0
swift version 4.1
I apologize if I have overlooked one here. This salesforce website is great but massive and I don't see a swift walkthrough, I did find this one
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.mobile_sdk.meta/mobile_sdk/ios_swift_intro.htm#!
and I am glad to see promise kit here but I don't have a grasp of some simple tasks I will need like

1. how do I get all of the records in the tutorial app
2. how can I sort my results 
every example I see assumed I already have a user like this:
restApi.Promises.query(soql: "SELECT Id,FirstName,LastName FROM User"
So its those sort of basic concepts I'd like to learn before I start my SalesForce project.
The tutorial that comes with forceios is written in objective C and I'm having trouble following it. 
Any help on how to get the basics of Salesforce with swift would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Warren