• 0 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi everyone. I am aware that Salesforce entails a standard set of fields that can be filled by using UTM tags. For clients, I would like to activate the tracking of random User IDs in Google Analytics and then send these IDs to a field in Salesforce when they submit a form. Among the standard fields of utm source or medium, I would like to add a field that then shows the User ID that the visitor was assigned by Google Analytics. 

Does anyone have experience with this and have a simple stepwise plan I could follow to achieve this? (So far, manuals I did find either did not focus on User IDs or were too incomprehensible for me). Thanks!

(As a next step, I would also like to know how to achieve this with other Google Analytics data, such as client ID, operating system, landing page and whatnot. It's not a priority yet, but if there's like a standard way to construct these fields in Salesforce, feel free to share!)
First, I am not a developer, so please have some patience. Here's what I need help with. 
My objective is to report on Salesforce User Activities and PageViews inside of Google Analytics.

I downloaded the WebAnalytics addon from the Appexchange https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cuSEAQ
and got it installed and working. I realize that this uses S Controls which are no longer supported, but they still work. 
I am able to track usage but all the data is showing by Client ID.
User-added image

What I would like to do is convert this to a Salesforce User. I am only tracking 12 sales reps, so I would be open to some way to substitute the Client ID for the Username. The other option is to add some code to the script to capture the user name. 
I am already capturing the "transactions" with this line
var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-8953xxxx-1");

so I need to create another line of code that's something like:
ClientID = User First Name + User Last Name

I don't know javascript, so if someone could just give me the correct syntax, that would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance