Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
============
Problem (Packaging Issue)
============
Deployment error while package upgrade

Cannot add component of type:null named:null subjectId:m0G53000000FDbY to this package because it is an installed component in another package with packageId:0335p000000g8PW.
package.xml: Cannot add component of type:null named:nul

============
Steps to reproduce
============
1. package "Pacakge 1" is already installed/upgraded on the org
2. Now trying to install/upgrade the package "Package 2" on the same org
3. But I am getting deploy error mentioned above

Note - Both packages belongs to same namespace.

============
Actual Behaviour 
============
I am NOT able to upgrade the package "Pacakge 2" on the org where "Pacakge 1" is already install/upgraded 

============
Expected Behaviour 
============
I should be able to upgrade the package "Pacakge 2" on the org where "Pacakge 1" is already install/upgraded 

============
Root cause 
============
1. One custom metadata type record (Trigger_Setting.Default_Record) was present on Package 1 and now it is also present on Pacakge 2 as well
2. Hence now it's not allowing the Package 2 to be upgraded on the org

============
Steps already tried to resolve - 
============
1. Tried to activate feature to remove the metadata from 2GP but still cannot remove custom metadata type record

2. Since custom metadata type records are not supported to be removed as per this https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pkg2_dev.meta/pkg2_dev/sfdx_dev_dev2gp_remove_md_components.htm

============
Dead lock
============
1. The blocker is that Salesforce do not allow to remove the custom metadata type record from the package. 
2. So now how to upgrade Package 2 on the subscriber org? 
Hi guys, 

I am trying to deploy Lightning Page (FlexiPage) to another sandbox environment using ANT. I also included all profiles with it and deployed it successfully but somehow lightning page did not auto activate in the sandbox. I can see that page in App Builder but when I open a record in lightning I don't see that page is applied to the record. 

Am I missing anything to include in deployment? Did anyone get this issue before? your help is much appreciated.
I have a requirement to prepopulate some fields (Address Fields) when standard "New" button is clicked from the related list (Contact) of Account. This was being achieved using an intermediate VF page in classic.
Now in lightning, I am able to create a component with a quick action to achieve the same - but the problem here is that the override has to be either a vf page or a lightning component.
Is there any way to have both on a single button - like when in classic, follow the old approach by redirecting to an intermediate vf and prepopulating the values and when in lightning, use the newly created lightning component?