• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I have a requirement to update field on child records when a field on its aasociated parent gets updated. I want to achieve this using flows. I am new to flows so could not able to do. Can anyone please help me.

Thanks.
  • September 26, 2018
I have a lookup relationship between Object A and Object B . “A” is the parent to “B”.

When a record from “A” gets deleted, the related field value in record “B” is removed. What I want do is remove the field value of a different lookup field value on “B” once the field value between “A” and “B” is deleted.

When a field value is removed on the child, due to the parent record being deleted does this count as an update to the record? If so, I believe it should be possible to update this through visual workflow, process builder or workflow rules, but have not been able to get this to work.

I have also tried using a formula field checkbox. When checkbox = TRUE on record B, run the workflow rule, visual flow, or process builder, but have been unsuccessful.

Is this possible through visual workflows, process builder, or workflow rules?

Hello

Can anyone please provide me pointers.

I want to design module where in when we update the Parent account description field. This value to flow down to related childs record. Child accounts are related to parent account with through parent account Id field. Rough diagram shown below.

Parent Account one
      Child Sub Account One
             Child Sub-Sub Account two

So when we update description field of "Parent Account one" field same value flows down to "Child Sub Account One" and "Child Sub-Sub Account two" account records.

Also, there are no levels defined.

Please suggest.

Cheers.

Allrise