• 10 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are making the switch to Salesforce (from GoldMine) and we are working to implement a system that will automatically route phone calls to the appropriate trip adviser based on their destination specialization and phone availability status. This system will be looking at a custom field on a custom object we have (User Setting.user_status__c) to determine who is available. 

I have been searching to try and find anything that gives me an idea of how best to accomplish this, and I feel like all the pieces are there for me to do so (the UserPresence status, accessed by the embeddable widget, maybe using Salesforce's streaming api to push changes to RC widget and desktop application to update the HUD) but I don't know where to start in regards to having the RC embeddable listen to changes on a custom field in Salesforce. 

Is this possible? 

We are making the switch to Salesforce (from GoldMine) and we are working to implement a system that will automatically route phone calls to the appropriate trip adviser based on their destination specialization and phone availability status. This system will be looking at a custom field on a custom object we have (User Setting.user_status__c) to determine who is available. 

I have been searching to try and find anything that gives me an idea of how best to accomplish this, and I feel like all the pieces are there for me to do so (the UserPresence status, accessed by the embeddable widget, maybe using Salesforce's streaming api to push changes to RC widget and desktop application to update the HUD) but I don't know where to start in regards to having the RC embeddable listen to changes on a custom field in Salesforce. 

Is this possible?