• -7 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm in a tricky situation where my org has more than 2,000 records for objects which I'm trying to fetch in my Android native app

RestRequest restRequest = RestRequest.getRequestForQuery( getString(R.string.api_version), soql);

and then I get the response using

RegistrationActivity.client.sendAsync(restRequest, new AsyncRequestCallback() { @Override public void onSuccess(RestRequest request, RestResponse result) { }

This approach suffers the limitation that it can only return 2,000 records in the SOQL. In the response, I'm getting the nextRecordsUrl in the response and I can retrieve it as

nextRecordsUrl =result.asJSONObject().getString("nextRecordsUrl").toString();

Now, my understanding is that I will need to fire HTTP GET requests to this URL using this approach

Http h = new Http(); HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest(); req.setEndpoint("http://na1.salesforce.com" + nextRecordsUrl); req.setMethod('GET'); req.setHeader('Authorization', 'OAuth ' + UserInfo.getSessionId()); req.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/json'); HttpResponse res = h.send(req);

and then parse the response.

While this approach is theoretically possible, I'm not very keen on mixing 2 approaches - getting the initial records using RestClient getRequestForQuery() method and follow up data (more than 2,000 records) using the HttpRequest method.

Can anyone guide me on the correct/ coherent way of fetching object data (more than 2,000 records) in a native force.com Android app?

Hi,
I want to write a query like this:

select Account__r.Id,Account__r.Name,Account__r.Account_Country__c from Card_UPC__c where Account__r.partner_relationship_status__c='Allow Relationships To Be Created' and Account__r.Name not like 'Test%'.

The above query throws SOQL exception.

It works and runs when I remove the NOT operator as shown below:

select Account__r.Id,Account__r.Name,Account__r.Account_Country__c from Card_UPC__c where Account__r.partner_relationship_status__c='Allow Relationships To Be Created' and Account__r.Name like 'Test%'

My questions is: Does SOQL support "NOT LIKE" operator. If no, then what is the alternative to achieve a similar operation.

Thanks for all your feedbacks.
Ambili
  • October 16, 2007