• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
HI ,I am doing a trailhead on salesforce Lighting this is my code 

<aura:component >
    <aura:attribute name="item"  type="Camping_Item__c"  /> <!-- required="true" type="String"  -->
    <p> The Item is <ui:outputText value ="{!v.item}"></ui:outputText></p>
    <p>Name:
        <ui:outputText value="{!v.item.name}" /> 
    </p>

<p>Quantity:
        <ui:outputNumber value="{!v.item.Quantity__c}" /> 
    </p>

<p>Price:
        <ui:outputCurrency value="{!v.item.Price__c}" /> 
    </p>

<p>Packed?:
        <ui:outputCheckbox value="{!v.item.Packed__c}" /> 
    </p>

<p><ui:button label="Packed!" press="{!c.packItem}"></ui:button>
    </p>
</aura:component>

Now Its required of me to :
Add a button to the campingListItem component that when clicked, marks the item as packed.
1.Add a button labeled "Packed!" that calls the packItem controller function when clicked.
2.The controller action marks the item attribute as packed and disables the button.

I have done with the first point
I'm struggling with the second point.

the controller code looks something like this (which currently isnt working)

({
    packItem : function(component, event, helper) {
        var btn= event.getSource();
        var BtnMessage =btn.get("v.label");  
        component.set("v.item","Packed");          
        btn.disabled=false;
    }
})

each time I have failing the trailhead because of this error message
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The campingListItem JavaScript controller isn't setting the 'Packed' value correctly.

I realize that OAuth is most useful when the user is working in a web application or desktop application that redirects to the Salesforce login screen to authenticate.  However, to start testing the wonders to the new REST API, I wanted to write a simple program without a front-end but would still allow me to authenticate using OAuth2.  Once authorized I would be able to call the normal REST commands.  I can't figure out how to login programmatically without using proxy classes for the SOAP API.

Is it possible to authenticate with only GETs and POSTs using Salesforce's OAuth2 service?  I'm primarily using Java and would like to use HttpGet and HttpPost to authenticate before issuing REST commands.  Any samples are appriciated.  I would obviously just put my Salesforce login credentials in my code for now.  This is just for testing.  I would like to test without having to run a full-blown web application for authentication purposes.

Andrew