• 5 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm hoping to be able to have one of the platform limits increased. I don't know the specific limit as I'm hitting it using an AppExchange app, Salesforce for Social Media, but I think it is related to the number of concurrent scheduled apex classes that are allowed.

I have raised the issue with SF Support but the response is that unless you have prem support then no developer support is available. I don't feel that it is a dev support issue becuase (1) the issue is with an app from the app exchange that is a managed package so no access to the code and; (2) I simply want a platform limit increasing... not any kind of developer support.

The app in question, Salesforce for Social Media, allows you to integrate Salesforce with Twitter and Facebook. To be able to pull Tweets/posts from Twitter/Facebook respectively you need to schedule searches to run at regular intervals and you need to schedule searches for each twitter handle or fan page you wish to integrate with. The challenge is that the app will only allow you schedule a maximum of 100 searches per hour. So if you schedule each one to search every 5 mins then that is 12 per hour. So you can imagine if you have multiple twitter handles and Facebook pages you will soon consume 100 scheduled requests.

Schedule searches

I will shortly be adding another set of social pages that I wish to pull data from so I will end up only being able to search each page every 30 minutes which kind of defeats the purpose of supporting the social channels when you introduce a 30 minute latency period.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Damien
Hi , Is there any workaround to overcome the above governor limit without aborting the job.

Hi guys, I'm working with the API (PHP toolkit!), and on my page I'd like a list of emails that some users receive from Salesforce users.

To do this, I intended to create a IsRead__c custom field on my EmailMessage object, and take it from there. I don't see anywhere where that object could be modified. Does anyone know where I need to look or a better way to achieve this? Thanks!