• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi 

I'm new to this area & finding the instructions in this unit very thin on the ground. I haven't even got to the challenge yet, I'm trying to follow along in the unit example.

It links to these instuctions to follow from GitHub:
Set up your environment. Follow the steps in the Quick Start: Lightning Web Components Trailhead project. The steps include:
Enable Dev Hub in your Trailhead Playground
Install Salesforce CLI
Install Visual Studio Code
Install the Visual Studio Code Salesforce extensions, including the Lightning Web Components extension
If you haven't already done so, authenticate with your hub org and provide it with an alias (myhuborg in the command below):
sfdx force:auth:web:login -d -a myhuborg
Clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/trailheadapps/ebikes-lwc cd ebikes-lwc
Create a scratch org and provide it with an alias (ebikes in the command below):
sfdx force:org:create -s -f config/project-scratch-def.json -a ebikes
Push the app to your scratch org:
sfdx force:source:push
Assign the ebikes permission set to the default user:
sfdx force:user:permset:assign -n ebikes
Load sample data:
sfdx force:data:tree:import --plan ./data/sample-data-plan.json
Open the scratch org:
sfdx force:org:open
In Setup, under Themes and Branding, activate the Lightning Lite theme.
In App Launcher, select the E-Bikes app.

I'm afraid I need a bit more direction at this point, like clone a repository, cool there's a link, what do i do with it? where do i put it?

If someone could go through the steps & elaborate would be great, with a step by step guide of what to do where. 

I'm completely new to coding & so far have been able to recognise the patterns & work it out for previous modules, but this is using a whole new tool with no instructions of how to use it.

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Hi 

I'm new to this area & finding the instructions in this unit very thin on the ground. I haven't even got to the challenge yet, I'm trying to follow along in the unit example.

It links to these instuctions to follow from GitHub:
Set up your environment. Follow the steps in the Quick Start: Lightning Web Components Trailhead project. The steps include:
Enable Dev Hub in your Trailhead Playground
Install Salesforce CLI
Install Visual Studio Code
Install the Visual Studio Code Salesforce extensions, including the Lightning Web Components extension
If you haven't already done so, authenticate with your hub org and provide it with an alias (myhuborg in the command below):
sfdx force:auth:web:login -d -a myhuborg
Clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/trailheadapps/ebikes-lwc cd ebikes-lwc
Create a scratch org and provide it with an alias (ebikes in the command below):
sfdx force:org:create -s -f config/project-scratch-def.json -a ebikes
Push the app to your scratch org:
sfdx force:source:push
Assign the ebikes permission set to the default user:
sfdx force:user:permset:assign -n ebikes
Load sample data:
sfdx force:data:tree:import --plan ./data/sample-data-plan.json
Open the scratch org:
sfdx force:org:open
In Setup, under Themes and Branding, activate the Lightning Lite theme.
In App Launcher, select the E-Bikes app.

I'm afraid I need a bit more direction at this point, like clone a repository, cool there's a link, what do i do with it? where do i put it?

If someone could go through the steps & elaborate would be great, with a step by step guide of what to do where. 

I'm completely new to coding & so far have been able to recognise the patterns & work it out for previous modules, but this is using a whole new tool with no instructions of how to use it.

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks