• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I am using a new Winter 20 Flow feature that in Get Records step I am allowing SF to automatically store the record in a variable. I am later in the flow updating the SF db using that automatic variable.

Everything is working fine on my SB (I have done ant retrive/deploy multiple times) but when I am packaging it and givin it to admin to deploy to other environments deployment is failing in those environments with the following error:

flows/Candidate_Questionnaire.flow -- Error: updateCandidateQnRecord1 (Update Records) - The sObjectInputReference field can reference only elements with data type SObject. Replace the value "getCandidateQnRecord".

Any ideas on what artifact/types I am missing in my package?

Hi,

We have a lightning component where end-users enter email address into a search field (field is of type email). The Aura component then has a jscript controller that submits the form on each end-user input.

So if user enters invalid email address they are supposed to be alerted immediately rather than until they press the 'search' button.

Sometimes the error message are out-of-synch with the user input - not sure where I can look at what the issue is. I output'd the user input and that is being correctly captured and passed on to the controller -> but it is the Salesforce validation error that is a bit confused.

Below are some examples:
User-added image

1. working fine - invalid email address entered and end-user is given an error message
2. after entering several incorrect email addresses, enter a correct one and the UI is showing the wrong message (see in console output that the correct user input was capture and passed onto the j/script controller
3. when entering 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaa' as email address and holding down backspace and removing all input .. user should not be presented with error message - but they are (you can see in the chrome console output that indeed it recognised empty string has been entered)

These are some of the build items
Aura Component
<lightning:recordEditForm...
    <lightning:accordionSection name="search" ..
      <lightning:inputField aura:id="Email__c" fieldName="Email__c" onchange="{!c.saveConfig}" />
Js controller
  saveConfig: function( component, event, helper ) {
        component.find( 'recordEditForm' ).submit();
    },
we have also tried as follows for JS controller:
    saveNoListConfigDelayed: function( component, event, helper ) {
        var delay = 200;
        var timer = component.get( 'v.timer' );
        clearTimeout( timer );
        timer = setTimeout( $A.getCallback( function() {
                component.find( 'recordEditForm' ).submit();
                component.set( 'v.timer', null );
            } ), delay );

component.set( 'v.timer', timer );
    },
Any help would be very much appreciated

Hi,
What is the  best resource to learn LWC? I have gone through most LWC modules - but still feel like I need more depth. 

So, short of reading the LWC developer guide, .. any links? suggestions? 

I am new to HTML/CSS/Javascript etc
I am totally new to SFDC (I am PD1 and admin certified already). I struggle with the UI f/works as it is something I have not dabbled in previously.

So I am taking the challenge and want to master one of the UI f/works in SFDC.

There is Visualforce, LWC, and Aura components -> Which one should I focus on (I know I am posting in the vforce section)? I do like Visualforce the most but if the future is LWC then best to focus on that .. no? and totally skip aura components?
Hi,

I am using a new Winter 20 Flow feature that in Get Records step I am allowing SF to automatically store the record in a variable. I am later in the flow updating the SF db using that automatic variable.

Everything is working fine on my SB (I have done ant retrive/deploy multiple times) but when I am packaging it and givin it to admin to deploy to other environments deployment is failing in those environments with the following error:

flows/Candidate_Questionnaire.flow -- Error: updateCandidateQnRecord1 (Update Records) - The sObjectInputReference field can reference only elements with data type SObject. Replace the value "getCandidateQnRecord".

Any ideas on what artifact/types I am missing in my package?
Hey guys trying to get comfortable with the Salesforce CLI, and went to deploy my code changes to my Dev Org but I keep getting the following error message. I checked out the link that they listed, but couldn't seem to figure out what issue was. I modified the JSON with the folder name that I'm trying to deploy, but still had no luck. 

Error deploying or retrieving source: The file or directory that you tried to deploy or retrieve isn't in a package directory that's specified in your sfdx-project.json file. Add this location to your "packageDirectories" value, or deploy or retrieve a different file or directory. For details about sfdx-project.json, see: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sfdx_dev.meta/sfdx_dev/sfdx_dev_ws_config.htm

Hi All ,

Can anyone please help with this requirement in security superbadge :
we have 2 profiles named "Inside Sales users" ,"Field Sales users" .
1. Inside Sales users should not have mobile access.
2. Field Sales users should have mobile access, granted by the admin on demand.
This mobile access means Salesforce1 or salesforce through mobile browser? how can we implement this?
I have gone through so many posts and links but nothing works.
Hi all, hope you may be able to help. :-) I am getting this message on trailhead: Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: Could not find a CORS whitelist entry for the chat window. When I go to CORS and try to save the whitelist entry, it does not allow me to save... Hence the issue. Please help. Thanks, Michal