• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All, 

Need a help 

I have  a junction object C with A and B as master detail relationship. We have a trigger to insert record into C object when ever a record is inserted into B for A records.
My requiement is to copy a value(city from B object) from B object to C object . And then i am using this city for some conditional logic.  I need help in designing this, i can create a new field at C object(CITY) and then i can copy the value from B to C in existing trigger. But when i need to use this City field in conditional logic on A object, how do i do this. Hope i have complicated my requirement.

thansk in advance. 
  • May 09, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Help needed on this below situation.
Our Organization has 2 public groups-
  1. All internal users group – This group has all the users in the organization
  2. Private accounts and contacts access group – This group has only few users in it.
*All these users belong to different profiles.
We use a private check box on the accounts which will lock down the related contact and Opportunity when the checkbox is checked true. As per the account sharing settings only the private accounts and contacts public group will be able to access these private accounts.
But as per the situation in the organization we would like to provide access to some of the users from different profiles to view the Name , Email fields and some of the related lists that belong to these Private accounts and as usual they should be able to access all the fields on the normal contacts and accounts. Since every user in the organization will enter data into salesforce.

Please suggest if this is possible through development of any visual force pages or any suggestions would help.

Thank you!!

Hi All, 

Need a help 

I have  a junction object C with A and B as master detail relationship. We have a trigger to insert record into C object when ever a record is inserted into B for A records.
My requiement is to copy a value(city from B object) from B object to C object . And then i am using this city for some conditional logic.  I need help in designing this, i can create a new field at C object(CITY) and then i can copy the value from B to C in existing trigger. But when i need to use this City field in conditional logic on A object, how do i do this. Hope i have complicated my requirement.

thansk in advance. 
  • May 09, 2019
My requirement is to get all the fields in an object having read access for a particular profile.
Can anybody help me with the Query.

Here is our situation:

We are asked to develop some functionality for our client. Our clients have some custom objects with records in their org. We created a sandbox (not connected to any org), and manually created several objects to mock the objects in the client org. Then we developed code, trigger, buttons and so on. Now, we have tested and planned to release (or package). Is there a way to exclude the mocked objects from the package, so that the client can install our stuff in their org?
If not, what should we do to make the custom install our stuff in their org? We don't want the client to see our codes.

Thanks

I need to know how to change the user on the already existing NPSP scheduled Apex jobs. 

(NOTE: The user that is currently on there has been inactivated (she is no longer with the company). 

(FYI: For your knowledge, my plan for the long run in preventing this in the future is to create a standalone 'Administrative User' to set for the jobs so that this disruption does not occur again regardless of possible future turnover within the organization; however, for now, I would like to set them to my user name within Salesforce since I am the point person, utilizing and managing Salesforce within our small non profit organization)
I am totally new to Salesfoce and I will be the developer working on this. I really do not have any idea what would be the first step and what are the steps after that.

We have a Client table and we use Oracle database. Right now out sales person has to manully add or update he data in Salesfoce if we add or update any Client form our end. I have to implement a peice where if the chnages has been made in our database that sales reflact in Salesfoce account too.
IF ( [Quote].TotalPrice <= 19999.99([Quote].TotalPrice=[Quote].TotalPrice * 1 ) 
IF ( [Quote].TotalPrice >= 20000.00 && [Quote].TotalPrice <= 39999.99([Quote].TotalPrice=[Quote].TotalPrice * 0.98) 
IF ( [Quote].TotalPrice >= 40000.00 && [Quote].TotalPrice <= 59999.99([Quote].TotalPrice=[Quote].TotalPrice * 0.96)  
IF ( [Quote].TotalPrice >= 60000.00 && [Quote].TotalPrice <= 79999.99([Quote].TotalPrice=[Quote].TotalPrice * 0.94) 
IF ( [Quote].TotalPrice >= 80000.00 && [Quote].TotalPrice <= 99999.99([Quote].TotalPrice=[Quote].TotalPrice * 0.92) 
IF ( [Quote].TotalPrice >= 100000.00 && [Quote].TotalPrice <= 119999.99([Quote].TotalPrice=[Quote].TotalPrice * 0.90) 
IF ( [Quote].TotalPrice >= 120000.00 && [Quote].TotalPrice <= 139999.99([Quote].TotalPrice=[Quote].TotalPrice * 0.88) 
IF ( [Quote].TotalPrice >= 140000.00 && [Quote].TotalPrice <= 159999.99([Quote].TotalPrice=[Quote].TotalPrice * 0.86) 
IF ( [Quote].TotalPrice >= 160000.00 && [Quote].TotalPrice <= 179999.99([Quote].TotalPrice=[Quote].TotalPrice * 0.84) 
IF ( [Quote].TotalPrice >= 180000.00 && [Quote].TotalPrice <= 199999.99([Quote].TotalPrice=[Quote].TotalPrice * 0.82) 
IF ( [Quote].TotalPrice >= 200000.00 ([Quote].TotalPrice=[Quote].TotalPrice * 0.80)  
ELSE NULL ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) )

Our company is trying to unveil new discount opportunities to our clients and I have implemented frequency/volume pricing on products, loyalty pricing. One last discount they are looking for is the ability to discount the entire quote/opportunity.

Through research I learned without CPQ the best way is to use a workflow in process builder.

Above is the formula that I am getting the error "The formula expression is invalid: Syntax error. Missing ')'" I have reviewed several times and believe each parenthesis is accounted for. Only other thing I can think of is the way I am trying to use the ELSE clause is confusing SF.

So my questions are:

#1 Is my thought process through Process Builder sound or is there a better way?

#2 More applicable to this discussion section - what am I erroring out on here in the sample code?

Thank you in advance

Please help me with the correct answer.

A developer creates an Apex helper class to handle complex trigger logic. How can the helper class warn users when the trigger exceeds DML governor limits?
A. By using ApexMessage.Message() to display an error message after the number of DML statements is exceeded.
B. By using Messaging.SendEmail() to conthtinue the transaction and send an alert to the user after the number DML statements is exceeded.
C. By using PageReference.setRedirect() to redirect the user to a custom Visualforce page before the number DML statements is exceeded.
D. By using Limits.getDMLRows() and then displaying an error message before the number of DML statements exceeded.