• Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Dear Salesforce Gods,

Hear my prayer! My goal is to sync Outlook with a highly customized calendar in Salesforce that shows custom object records (rather than tasks, events, etc.).

So far, I have identified two possible methods of accomplishing my holy mission:
(1) Purchase an expensive 3rd Party app (LinkPoint360, Zyn, etc.)
(2) Use a trigger / workflow to create a "twin" Event record matched against every custom object record. Then use Salesforce to Outlook based on the Event records.

I kneel down and beg for guidance! Which is likely to be the better choice? Are there pitfalls or limitations I'm not aware of with option #2 that my push me toward option #1?

Or is there a different and holier path I may yet trod upon?

Thanks,
Zachary Alexander
Dear Salesforce Gods,

Hear my prayer! My goal is to sync Outlook with a highly customized calendar in Salesforce that shows custom object records (rather than tasks, events, etc.).

So far, I have identified two possible methods of accomplishing my holy mission:
(1) Purchase an expensive 3rd Party app (LinkPoint360, Zyn, etc.)
(2) Use a trigger / workflow to create a "twin" Event record matched against every custom object record. Then use Salesforce to Outlook based on the Event records.

I kneel down and beg for guidance! Which is likely to be the better choice? Are there pitfalls or limitations I'm not aware of with option #2 that my push me toward option #1?

Or is there a different and holier path I may yet trod upon?

Thanks,
Zachary Alexander