• 30 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We currently dont use record type in our environment and all data is collected on page view.
We like to move forward using record type but want to be sure how the data should be parsed out. Do we need to separate the data (so if we have 2 record types Staff and Student, and we have a contact that is a staff and a student, then there will be a Staff record and a Student record for the same contact).
Or can we have 2 record types applied to the same record?
Inquiry_Management__c is connected to Contact by master-detail.
The plural of Inquiry_Management__c is Inquiry_Management__c.

SELECT Salesforce_18_Digit_ID__c, 
firstName,
lastName,
Text_OK__c,

(SELECT Activity_Date__c
FROM Inquiry_Management__c
WHERE Activity_Date__c>=2020-01-01T12:00:00Z
)

FROM Contact

Error:
     ^
ERROR at Row:7:Column:6
Didn't understand relationship 'Inquiry_Management__c' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
Hello everyone,

So I've run into a road block and I wanted to post my question here to get a second opinion.

So we set up SSO in Auth.Provider in Salesforce.
We created a My Domain - so when a user enters the My Domain URL, they are automatically redirected to SSO.

I created a custom URL to redirect to the My Domain, but quickly realized that a redirect cannot be sent to a My Domain (instead of going to the My Domain page, it goes to test.Salesforce.com).

My SSO provider cannot set up a unique page for our SF environment.

If we want a costom URL - what can we do to set up a custom URL? Is there any work-around that can be setup through SF to go from a custom URL -> My  Domain?
So we have successfully enables SSO in our test environment using a My Domain (test.my.salesforce.com).
We were hopeful to redirect a custom URL (test.com) to our My Domain (test.my.salesforce.com) but after we created the CNAME it redirects to the main domain instead (cs29.salesforce.com).

I read about how it isn't possible to redirect to a My Domain - but I was curious about any (simple) work-arounds there might be.

We have created a custom URL and My Domain - could be redirect or custome URL to a Force.com page, then redirect a Force.com page to our My Domain?
Or create a visualforce page?
(We have Enterprise, Service Cloud, Marketing, Flow, and Content)

Our SSO provided is not able to create a custome url for our our Salesforce environment to redirect to - so I am brainstorming other options.
So I found out that I cannot disable the automatic outgoing emails that is sent after a user record is created in Salesforce.
(We enables SSO in out environment, so it isn't necessary for the automatically generated email confirmation to be sent to users after they've been created in SF). Enetually, we'd like to sent out a custom email instead.

I was thinking to create a SF Apex rigger on the User object that somehow "deleted" the outbound email that is send after a user record is created.
Is this possible? Could someone assist with the code? I have very little experiece writing Apex triggers (but very eager to learn!)
So we have successfully enables SSO in our test environment using a My Domain (test.my.salesforce.com).
We were hopeful to redirect a custom URL (test.com) to our My Domain (test.my.salesforce.com) but after we created the CNAME it redirects to the main domain instead (cs29.salesforce.com).

I read about how it isn't possible to redirect to a My Domain - but I was curious about any (simple) work-arounds there might be.

We have created a custom URL and My Domain - could be redirect or custome URL to a Force.com page, then redirect a Force.com page to our My Domain?
Or create a visualforce page?
(We have Enterprise, Service Cloud, Marketing, Flow, and Content)

Our SSO provided is not able to create a custome url for our our Salesforce environment to redirect to - so I am brainstorming other options.
Inquiry_Management__c is connected to Contact by master-detail.
The plural of Inquiry_Management__c is Inquiry_Management__c.

SELECT Salesforce_18_Digit_ID__c, 
firstName,
lastName,
Text_OK__c,

(SELECT Activity_Date__c
WHERE Activity_Date__c>=2020-01-01T12:00:00Z
)

FROM Contact

Error:
     ^
ERROR at Row:7:Column:6
Didn't understand relationship 'Inquiry_Management__c' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
So I found out that I cannot disable the automatic outgoing emails that is sent after a user record is created in Salesforce.
(We enables SSO in out environment, so it isn't necessary for the automatically generated email confirmation to be sent to users after they've been created in SF). Enetually, we'd like to sent out a custom email instead.

I was thinking to create a SF Apex rigger on the User object that somehow "deleted" the outbound email that is send after a user record is created.
Is this possible? Could someone assist with the code? I have very little experiece writing Apex triggers (but very eager to learn!)