• Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

Just in case this helps somebody! It tooks quite a bit of time to track this issue down.

We've had an issue with the sfdx force:data:tree:import command failing with a MALFORMED_ID message when trying to resolve references during data imports.   It turns out the issue was realated to our namespace, which has numbers in it, which the sfdx tool didn't handle.  

An example is :-

plan.json

[
    {
        "sobject": "i42as__testParent",
        "saveRefs": true,
        "files": [
            "parent.json"
        ]
    },
    {
        "sobject": "i42as__testChild",
        "resolveRefs": true,
        "files": [
            "child.json"
        ]
    }
]

parent.json 

{
    "records": [
        {
            "attributes": {
                "type": "i42as__testParent__c",
                "referenceId": "parentRef1"
            },
            "i42as__Message": "Hello"
        }
    ]
}

child.json
{
    "records": [{
        "attributes": {
            "type": "i42as__testChild__c",
            "referenceId": "testChildRef1"
        },
        "i42as__parent__c": "@parentRef1"
    }]
}

When run with the following command, this returns an error.  

sfdx  force:data:tree:import --plan plan.json

STATUSCODE    MESSAGE                                                                    FIELDS
────────────  ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────  ───────────────────────────
MALFORMED_ID  Object: id value of incorrect type: @parentRef1  i42as__parent__c
=== testChildRef1 [1]

In turns out this was an error in the salesforce-alm library, the regex used to look for the @parentRef1 replacement was not expecting a number in the namespace.  I've managed to work around the issue by changing the file .local/share/sfdx/client/node_modules/salesforce-alm/dist/lib/data/dataImportApi.js as follows;-

const jsonRefRegex = /[.]*["|'][A-Z_]*["|'][ ]*:[ ]*["|']@([A-Z0-9_]*)["|'][.]*/igm;
const jsonRefRegex = /[.]*["|'][0-9A-Z_]*["|'][ ]*:[ ]*["|']@([A-Z0-9_]*)["|'][.]*/igm;

Hello Experts ,

We have an mobile application that uses salesforce SDK and is connected with salesforce. In a given scenario, mobile applicaiton syncs a child and parent one after the other. This was working fine untill now. They used to sync a parent using a temporary id which they self created and using that self created id they associated the child. However this flow has stopped working now all of a sudden and it gives an error like ParentObj__c: id vlaue of incorect type. 

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks in advance