• Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I have a new custom field for grand total with my own formula, which I want to replace the standard Grand Total.  I am able to display the new Grand Total in the Compact Layout, but I am not able to add that in the Related List Properties - Quote PDFs!! So the Grand Total on compact layout and related list are showing different figure, which is very annoying. Are we able to add custom fields to the Quote PDFs related list? Cheers, Jeffrey
User-added image

I want to create a new Org for a project and so I went to developer.salesforce.com to sign up for a new one. I keyed in all info needed with a new user name. It sent me link to verify my account. When I clicked the link, I expected to go to a page to set my password - but NO!. It was a log in page asking for username and password (which i do not have). I clicked Forget Password, it sent me a link again and lead me to this page
User-added image
I keyed in my username and clicked Continue. It asked me to check my email for resetting password link. And this goes on and on and on and on. Are you all facing the same problem too or it is just me? Am I doing something wrong here? Please help.
Hi all, I am newbie here. I am facing the same issues alot of the people here. I heed some of the advices prvided here, but I am still stucked at this.User-added image  I tried the following:
  1. Sharing rules based on Roles (Roles: Field Sales to Roles: Insider Sales)
  2. Sharing rules based on Roles and Subordinates (Roles: Sales Executive to Roles: Insider Sales)
  3. Sharing rules based on Public Groups (Group: Field Sales to Group: Insider Sales
  4. I also added Criteria Based Sharing (Opportunties:Type: Existing Customer-Upgrade AND Stage:Closed Won to Group: Project Managers)
Unfortunately, none of the above works. Can anyone help before I start with a complete new playground (org)? Below is my Sharing Rules for Opportunities object.
User-added image
Many thanks in advance,
Jeffrey

I want to create a new Org for a project and so I went to developer.salesforce.com to sign up for a new one. I keyed in all info needed with a new user name. It sent me link to verify my account. When I clicked the link, I expected to go to a page to set my password - but NO!. It was a log in page asking for username and password (which i do not have). I clicked Forget Password, it sent me a link again and lead me to this page
User-added image
I keyed in my username and clicked Continue. It asked me to check my email for resetting password link. And this goes on and on and on and on. Are you all facing the same problem too or it is just me? Am I doing something wrong here? Please help.
I am having trouble completing the Hands On Challenge in Trailhead. It is in Admin Intermediate Trail, Section Formulas & Validations, Create Validation Rules Section. The instructions are below. Can someone please help? I have been stuck on this for a while now. I cannot seem to get the validation formula correct.

Create a validation rule to check that a contact is in the zip code of its account.
To complete this challenge, add a validation rule which will block the insertion of a contact if the contact is related to an account and has a mailing postal code (which has the API Name MailingPostalCode) different from the account's shipping postal code (which has the API Name ShippingPostalCode).
Name the validation rule 'Contact must be in Account ZIP Code'.
A contact with a MailingPostalCode that has an account and does not match the associated Account ShippingPostalCode should return with a validation error and not be inserted.
The validation rule should ONLY apply to contact records with an associated account. Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MailingPostalCode value. (Hint: you can use the ISBLANK function for this check)
Hey All, 

First time posting here, I look forward to what I can learn from the community.  I am a mostly self taught Admin so I suspect my issue stems from some of the common knoweldge gaps that newer self taught types can have.  I've read post after post and watched countless videos and can't figure out the small little thing that is hanging me up on this. I also see that this doesn't seem to have spell check so all you grammer hounds please grant me mercy. 

First, since language changes on these modules I'll post the step for future readers and then the error I'm getting. 
---
2)
Set record-level security settings
Configure other Salesforce settings related to record-level security to meet the business requirements.
Create a user, Samantha Cordero, and assign her the Field Sales User profile and the Field Sales role
Create an opportunity owned by Samantha with the stage name 'Needs Analysis'
Create a Closed Won opportunity owned by Samantha, with the type of 'Existing Customer - Upgrade'
---
The error on the apex test thing I get: "Assertion Failed: Field Sales users should not be able to read Opportunities owned by someone else. However, the test returned records not owned by the user. #sadtrombone: Expected: 1, Actual: 3"

So here are the few things I've drilled into and checked, I honestly can't think of anything else that I'm missing. Other parts of this could be messed up but as far as relation to the error thrown I just can't find it. 

1) Issue with the Profile, "Field Sales User". I don't think this is it due to the error throwing a lower case "user" which makes me think it's an issue with roles. Also this doesn't really have much to do with viewing rights beyond basic allowance so.. eh. Honestly I'm not even sure the best way to approach Profiles vs Roles, but again, noob here. In this profile I have the Opportunity object checked for everything except "delete" as the trail ask. 

User-added image

2) Roles. Now here is where we get to the good stuff. I've checked the hierchy and have tried to mark that lowly field reps are not worthy of viewing other's opportunities (humor y'all).  For your consideration here are shots of the hierchy and the field where I marked them as unworthy. 

User-added image 

User-added image

---
3) Sharing Settings. This is the last area I know of to deal with this error.  I have set Opportunities to private. This, in combination with the other rules really baffles me as to why field reps can still creep on other opportunities. For visual confirmation: 

User-added image

Any help or hints would be much appreciated on this.  In the event I make it out to Dreamforce and the lucky person that helps me out the most does I will gladly buy you a beer or coffee or heck even both! 

Cheers. 

Hey community,

I'm struggling with the logic of the task...

To complete this challenge, add a validation rule which will block the insertion of a contact if the contact is related to an account and has a mailing postal code (which has the API Name MailingPostalCode) different from the account's shipping postal code (which has the API Name ShippingPostalCode).Name the validation rule 'Contact must be in Account ZIP Code'.

A contact with a MailingPostalCode that has an account and does not match the associated Account ShippingPostalCode should return with a validation error and not be inserted.

The validation rule should ONLY apply to contact records with an associated account. Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MailingPostalCode value. (Hint: you can use the ISBLANK function for this check)

Here is what I got so far:

AND(
 NOT(ISBLANK(MailingPostalCode)),
 MailingPostalCode  <>  Account.ShippingPostalCode )

I THINK I know how to see if the contact mailing zip is not the same as the account shipping zip, and only if the is not blank.

The part I am stuck on is if the "Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MaiilingPostalCode value"...

I don't know what to do with that.

Also, I am now getting the error message when I recheck challenge:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Contact_must_be_in_Account_ZIP_Code: [] 

Double help, please.

Hi all,

I have a new custom field for grand total with my own formula, which I want to replace the standard Grand Total.  I am able to display the new Grand Total in the Compact Layout, but I am not able to add that in the Related List Properties - Quote PDFs!! So the Grand Total on compact layout and related list are showing different figure, which is very annoying. Are we able to add custom fields to the Quote PDFs related list?

This image is not available because: You don’t have the privileges to see it, or it has been removed from the system

Cheers, Jeffrey