• Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi
Using SOAP API from a .Net application, i cannot change or update the "PublishStatus" of the Kwnoledge Article from "Draft" to "Online". When trying i receive the error: "Unable to Create/Update Fields: PublishStatus. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for you profile or permission set." I did verified that i have read/write access to that field and i also have the "Managed Article" permission for my account.. ANyone can please help me with that?
thanks in advance
Hi
Using SOAP API from a .Net application, i cannot change or update the "PublishStatus" of the Kwnoledge Article from "Draft" to "Online". When trying i receive the error: "Unable to Create/Update Fields: PublishStatus. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for you profile or permission set." I did verified that i have read/write access to that field and i also have the "Managed Article" permission for my account.. ANyone can please help me with that?
thanks in advance

All,

Because of a problem in a migration of knowledge base articles from a 3rd party system, we need to update a few thousands articles. Unfortunately, Salesforce doesn't allow to programmatically update the article objects, whether through the API or Apex.

The solutions seems to be either update manually the solutions (which is hardly feasible considering the number) or wipe all the solutions and start the migration again (except we've already started using some articles).

An alternative I'm investigating is to write a program that would generate a huge Windows PowerShell script that would create an Internet Explorer instance and control it to log in and programmatically modify each article, one at a time. But before going that route I was wondering if people have other suggestions.

Thanks,

Laurent