• 25 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Since the library provides the component code for the searchable datatable separate from the component code for the selectable row datatable, how can I combine the functionality / code?  would i create two methods in the .JS controller?  or would I create the two components separately adn then include them in the same app?  My goal is to have a datatable for a custom object (activity_Code__c) so that the user can

1. search for the records (activity codes) they need 
2. take these selections and use them to create another custom object (labor_efficiency_line_Item__c). . 

so the action would not be 'delete' or 'view details' as in the component example code, but rather I would need to take the IDs from the rows selected and use them to generate a new custom object for each selected code (I am thinking I would need to do that in the apex controller - but not sure..)  any suggestions are appreciated! 
syntax or not.  I have tried various times to get the results I need, but it seems to have some type of syntax error.  any suggestions? 

rendered="{!IF(!le.Line_Item_Complete__c,true,false)}"
the file upload component is not an option (only for flows running in lightning runtime).  Are there any ways around this 'limitation'?  The classic runtime does not bother me, but not being able to use the file upload component in the flow launched by the VF page is the primary issue.  are there ways to upload documents in a classic runtime flow?

compile fine, but now I am ready to move them to production.  I have been researching the basics of writing test classes, but it definitely seems a bit overwhelming in terms of where to begin, etc.  as an example, If i have an apex class (e2), and I am writing a unit Test class for this class, would the name of the test class be public class e2Test (after the @istest keyword)? when i run a test class through the developer console and choose the test class (e2Test) how does it get associated with the actual class e2??  
I would like to pull up a list of all child objects under a specific parent record.  Similar to a related list, but I need to  be able to edit multiple fields on the records but would prefer not to use  inline edit support and have to double click each cell.  Would much prefer to have all fields already in inputField format ready for a value (either first time entering a value or editing an existing value).  So far, I cannot find a way to do this.  I see how i can use a list controller to pull up and edit multiple records, but I cannot filter for only a subset of those records (with same parent record).  I can use a custom controller and extension to pull up the exact list I need, but then I Cannot use standard methods like 'save' and 'edit' in order to ensure the update is made on each field.  Any suggestions?

compile fine, but now I am ready to move them to production.  I have been researching the basics of writing test classes, but it definitely seems a bit overwhelming in terms of where to begin, etc.  as an example, If i have an apex class (e2), and I am writing a unit Test class for this class, would the name of the test class be public class e2Test (after the @istest keyword)? when i run a test class through the developer console and choose the test class (e2Test) how does it get associated with the actual class e2??  
Since the library provides the component code for the searchable datatable separate from the component code for the selectable row datatable, how can I combine the functionality / code?  would i create two methods in the .JS controller?  or would I create the two components separately adn then include them in the same app?  My goal is to have a datatable for a custom object (activity_Code__c) so that the user can

1. search for the records (activity codes) they need 
2. take these selections and use them to create another custom object (labor_efficiency_line_Item__c). . 

so the action would not be 'delete' or 'view details' as in the component example code, but rather I would need to take the IDs from the rows selected and use them to generate a new custom object for each selected code (I am thinking I would need to do that in the apex controller - but not sure..)  any suggestions are appreciated! 
syntax or not.  I have tried various times to get the results I need, but it seems to have some type of syntax error.  any suggestions? 

rendered="{!IF(!le.Line_Item_Complete__c,true,false)}"
the file upload component is not an option (only for flows running in lightning runtime).  Are there any ways around this 'limitation'?  The classic runtime does not bother me, but not being able to use the file upload component in the flow launched by the VF page is the primary issue.  are there ways to upload documents in a classic runtime flow?

I would like to pull up a list of all child objects under a specific parent record.  Similar to a related list, but I need to  be able to edit multiple fields on the records but would prefer not to use  inline edit support and have to double click each cell.  Would much prefer to have all fields already in inputField format ready for a value (either first time entering a value or editing an existing value).  So far, I cannot find a way to do this.  I see how i can use a list controller to pull up and edit multiple records, but I cannot filter for only a subset of those records (with same parent record).  I can use a custom controller and extension to pull up the exact list I need, but then I Cannot use standard methods like 'save' and 'edit' in order to ensure the update is made on each field.  Any suggestions?